PDA

View Full Version : what is home brew

Carlos The Mage
2013-01-04, 01:04 AM
can some one please please explain it to me :? thanks

Temotei
2013-01-04, 01:07 AM
It's player-created material. The most common homebrew is for D&D 3.5, but a lot of different systems get love, including original systems created by people on here.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-01-04, 01:07 AM
Basically, it's people creating their own custom gaming material-- new classes for 3.5 D&D, new systems, patches/"fixes" for existing systems, and the like. This particular forum is very fond of 3.5 edition D&D, so you'll see people making new material for pretty much every aspect of that game-- classes, races, monsters, spells, feats, items, whatever.

(Oh, and to answer your next question: PEACH means Please Examine And Critique Honestly-- basically a request for feedback)

ngilop
2013-01-04, 01:08 AM
homebrew is a collection of material or finished product of any sort that is not officially sponsered

It finds the naming origins in old alchoholic beverages that one would make at their place of residence

hence Home Brew.

PEACH
2013-01-04, 03:01 AM
(Oh, and to answer your next question: PEACH means Please Examine And Critique Honestly-- basically a request for feedback)

All this time I thought that people just wanted me to show up in their threads.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2013-01-04, 03:31 AM

I want you to show up in my threads, PEACH. I just thought you knew the invitation stood, so I never bothered to include the tag. You never show up. :smallfrown:

:smalltongue:

PEACH
2013-01-04, 04:36 AM
If there's some legitimacy to that, I could have sworn that I've commented on your homebrew before; is there anything you've done recently you'd like me to look at?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2013-01-04, 11:19 AM
If there's some legitimacy to that, I could have sworn that I've commented on your homebrew before; is there anything you've done recently you'd like me to look at?

Nah, I was just joking around. :smallbiggrin:

Cipher Stars
2013-01-04, 11:50 AM
Basically, it's people creating their own custom gaming material-- new classes for 3.5 D&D, new systems, patches/"fixes" for existing systems, and the like. This particular forum is very fond of 3.5 edition D&D, so you'll see people making new material for pretty much every aspect of that game-- classes, races, monsters, spells, feats, items, whatever.

homebrew is a collection of material or finished product of any sort that is not officially sponsered

It finds the naming origins in old alchoholic beverages that one would make at their place of residence

hence Home Brew.

These sum it up quite nicely. Despite not being a drinker at all myself, I still love the name Homebrew x3

Honestly it's more like an invitation to come into your topic and be very rude. I don't have a problem with rudeness or outright insults since I stopped putting Peach in my titles.

Though this guy threatens to change that view on the PEACH tag simply by giving it a good name again :3
So many meanies that turn peaches into sour apples.

DracoDei
2013-01-04, 12:34 PM
I've never had a problem with rudeness with PEACH. I mean some people might be a LITTLE rude, but they are even rarer than the people who actually respond in the first place.

ngilop
2013-01-06, 12:11 AM
These sum it up quite nicely. Despite not being a drinker at all myself, I still love the name Homebrew x3

Honestly it's more like an invitation to come into your topic and be very rude. I don't have a problem with rudeness or outright insults since I stopped putting Peach in my titles.

Though this guy threatens to change that view on the PEACH tag simply by giving it a good name again :3
So many meanies that turn peaches into sour apples.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ Y U NO MARRY ME?