PDA

View Full Version : Saving Private Ryan *spoiler?*

skreweded
2006-11-02, 12:23 AM
Hello. I just almost finished Saving Private Ryan, which was recorded. Sadly, right on (what I assume) is the last sentance of the movie, it cut out.

Ryan, having been saved, is talking to the memorial cross, and says "I hope, at least in your eyes..." and it cut out.

HOW DOES HE END THIS SENTENCE? I am assuming "it was worth it."

Please. Loved the movie, but I dont know how that last sentence ends!!
Edit2: I guess that isn't really a spoiler.... I mean.. the movie is about saving him... ah whatever.. better safe than sorry!

Greebo
2006-11-02, 08:29 AM
Don't recall the exact quote, but basically he says "I hope I earned it".

skreweded
2006-11-02, 09:20 AM
I thought about as much. Thanks!

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-11-02, 11:37 AM
Just FYI, we have a new spoiler tag that just got installed. I put it into your post above.

The tag goes Spoiler info!

The final lines of the film are:
Old James Ryan: Tell me I have led a good life.
Ryan's Wife: What?
Old James Ryan: Tell me I'm a good man.
Ryan's Wife: You *are*.

But I'm not sure with the line you're talking about - he's sort of talking to himself and talking to Miller's grave, saying he's tried to make their sacrifice worth it. I don't recall the exact lines; I'll see if I can get them when I get home later today.

skreweded
2006-11-02, 06:14 PM
Thanks, makes the site alot more... clean!

WampaX
2006-11-03, 12:25 PM
Last line, huh?
I missed Tom Hanks' character's last line, in the theatre. I don't know how, but I didn't hear it at all. So I'm sitting there trying to puzzle out what he said and sniffles are resonating through the theatre. I know he said something emotionaly important, but I could not figure out what it was. I had to lean over and ask someone what the line was. Totally blew the resonance of the ending for me . . . probably didn't help the person I had to ask, either.

Om
2006-11-03, 05:08 PM
*Shrugs*

I'm one of those people who feel that the film would have been a lot better if the first and last 5 minutes had been left on the cutting room floor.