PDA

View Full Version : Want to make a Dwarvenhold Quest

Cikomyr
2013-01-04, 01:08 AM
So. I always wanted to GM a game for a bunch of player-dwarves on a quest to reclaim a Lost Hold (or the riches it contains). I'll most likely set my game in the Old World of Warhammer, with the Dwarvenhold being Karak Varn.

The game would most likely be played in layers. With the players having to leave the ruins once in a while to bring back whatever goodies they have looted and get more supplies.

I was wondering if any good map of sufficiently epic Dwarvenhold was available that you know of? I dream at the idea of a map of Khazad-Dum or Erebor (blast you, Hobbit movie!).

The various enemies the group would be meeting:

Surface/first levels: Orcs, probably led by a pack of Black Orc officers and led by a Black Orc Warboss. Or maybe something nastier... I was thinking a Dragon? The players would probably have to defeat the Orc's leaders to make them move

Mid-levels: Skaven on the search for Warpstones. No idea how the players could drive the Skaven off for good. Scare them? Deceive them?

Deeper: Black Dwarves outpost, with Hobgoblins. They managed to drive off some Skavens, and they have settled there to mine the Gromril.

Deepest: Daemons, probably. The classic "dug too deep".

Most likely, the players might encounter other adventuring parties. Especially after they've driven the orcs away, there might start to be some Dwarven settlers coming back and try to live here...?

Any people here have tried that sort of scenario? Any suggestions, ideas you've had? Any good map you put your hands on?