PDA

View Full Version : Psion Vs. Wilder

D4rtagnan
2013-01-04, 01:30 AM
Alright I am making a psychic blaster. I know wizards and casters are better but for multiple reasons this needs to be a psychic based.
Anyways I am going to be a level 12 tibbit. I've got a fair idea of what feats I will most likely take. The problem is I can not for the life of me decide what base class I should take.

Should I just go Wilder and focus on mind thrusting everyone. Or is the kinetic discipline worth giving up wild-surge?

Urpriest
2013-01-04, 01:33 AM
Do both! Anarchic Initiate (Complete Psionic) lets you build a Kineticist Psion with limited access to Wild Surge.

Morcleon
2013-01-04, 01:45 AM
Do both! Anarchic Initiate (Complete Psionic) lets you build a Kineticist Psion with limited access to Wild Surge.

Seconded. Psion also lets you take some utility stuff in addition to blasting.

I would recommend crystal share rather than mind thrust. It may do an average of 2 less damage per die, but the latter is mind-affecting, Will negates, PR: Yes. Other good blasty stuff are amethyst burst (force damage, AoE, penetrates AMFs) and energy missile (5 targets max, DC increase of 1 per extra PP).

Endarire
2013-01-04, 02:25 AM
I prefer Psion because Psions get access to a greater number of powers (including Discipline powers!) and are INT-based.