PDA

View Full Version : Mid to high level feat options help.

UneasyNogg
2013-01-04, 09:45 AM
Hello boards, long time follower first time poster. All my questions I can usually scan the forums and find an answer or links to lead me to the answer, but now I have a question of my own that I can't seem to find a solution to.

In the current campaign I am playing in the DM has allowed me to be a Aamisar with a PC level buy off, and for flavor reasons also allowed me the Aamisar/Half Celestial template buy off class levels.

The build I have as of right now is as follows:

1. Cleric 1 -Extra Turning
2. Aamisar buy off (used cleric skill list for this level)
3. Cleric 2 -Practiced Spellcaster
4. Cleric 4
5. Ordained Champion 1 -Power Attack, Monkey Grip (Domain trades)
6. Ordained Champion 2 -Holy Warrior, Spontaneous Healer (DM extra feat)
7. Ordained Champion 3
8. Ordained Champion 4 (current level)
9. Ordained Champion 5 -Servant of the Heavens
10. Half Celestial 1
11. Fist of Raziel 1
12. Fist of Raziel 2 - ?
13. Half Celestial 2
14. Fist of Raziel 3
15. Fist of Raziel 4 - ?
16. Half Celestial 3
17. Fist of Raziel 5
18. Fist of Raziel 6 -Flyby Attack
19. Fist of Raziel 7
20. Fist of Raziel 8

The help I am seeking is the two feats in question. I was thinking extra smite evil and leadership. But do I really need the extra attempts to smite with Ordained Champion's smite? And do I really want to push the DM farther with the Leadership feat? I have not asked about Leadership yet and I have a feeling he will block the idea from this PC.

Any Ideas of feats for those two spots?

Books allowed are: Core, Completes and MIC are all ok, no ToB or Races.

hymer
2013-01-04, 09:51 AM
Quicken Spell at 12 and Divine Metamagic for it at 15? If you can squeeze Extend Spell in somewhere (moneky grip, e.g.), you could go Persist Spell and DMM it.

UneasyNogg
2013-01-04, 10:10 AM
I was trying not to take DMM for the turn undead attempts for smites.

I can't retrain feats.

Monkey Grip is because I'm sword and boarding with a +1 Large Vicious Longsword. Ordained Champions smite offsets the hit to attack well enough that I hit most of the time.

hymer
2013-01-04, 10:28 AM
Metamagic is still in order, I should say, though you've lost some caster levels. Quicken can save the day. If you can get nightsticks, use them to power your smiting. If you have the money for rods, you can do without Extend Spell, but otherwise it's worth considering as a feat.

How good is your maneouvrability?

UneasyNogg
2013-01-04, 10:42 AM
Full plate, 20' speed, haven't really thought about maneuverability at all.

hymer
2013-01-04, 10:57 AM
It's just that Flyby Attack works best if you've got perfect maneouvrability. What do you intend to use it for?

UneasyNogg
2013-01-04, 11:10 AM
I figured I have wings why not full attack fly around the battlefield.

nedz
2013-01-04, 11:22 AM
I figured I have wings why not full attack fly around the battlefield.

Flyby Attack gets you a standard action; which is good for casting spells or having one attack. How are you getting a full attack in the standard action ?

UneasyNogg
2013-01-04, 11:30 AM
Ok, then scratch flyby attack as well.

How could I capitalize my abilities in these three feats I have to fill?