PDA

View Full Version : More toys for the Factotum

sirpercival
2013-01-04, 10:30 AM
Porting more stuff over from Minmaxboards...

Houserule: Factotums gain 1 inspiration point per feat.

Weapon Property: Inspiring
Price: +2 bonus
Property: Weapon
Caster level: 7th
Aura: Moderate; (DC 18) no school

This weapon glints as if in morning sunlight, ready for a new day.

An inspiring weapon helps inspire a factotum to new heights in combat. Whenever a factotum wielding an inspiring weapon successfully confirms a critical hit, he gains 1 temporary inspiration point which lasts for the rest of the encounter or until used, whichever comes first. He gains additional inspiration points for weapons with higher critical multipliers: 2 points for a x3 weapon, 3 points for a x4 weapon, etc.

Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms & Armor, Font of Inspiration.
Cost to create: Varies.

Arcane Student [Inspiration]
You can use your arcane abilities more often than other factota.
Prerequisites: Arcane Dilettante class feature.
[I]Benefit: Whenever you spend 1 inspiration point to use one of your Arcane Dilettante spell-like abilities, you can spend 1 additional inspiration point per level of the spell (minimum 1) to retain an additional daily use of that spell-like ability. You can use this feat a number of times per day equal to your Intelligence modifier.

Brainstorm
You can generate new inspiration when necessary.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, factotum level 3rd.
[I]Benefit: A number of times per day equal to your Intelligence modifier, you can spend a full-round action to recover a number of inspiration points equal to 1/3 of your factotum level, rounded down. Your inspiration point total can never go above the amount you are granted at the beginning of an encounter with this ability.

Enduring Inspiration
You can make your inspiration last longer than other factota.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, Int 15.
[I]Benefit: Whenever you activate one of the following abilities, you can spend 2 additional inspiration points to make the benefit last for a number of rounds equal to your Intelligence modifier: Cunning Insight, Cunning Knowledge, Cunning Defense, Cunning Strike, Cunning Breach.

Excellent Surge
You know how to make the most of your cunning surge.
Prerequisites: Cunning Surge class feature.
[I]Benefit: Whenever you activate your cunning surge, you may spend an additional 2 inspiration points to gain a full-round action instead of a standard action.

Font of Inspiration
You have unearthed a well of inspiration from within your soul.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, Int 15.
[I]Benefit: You gain 1 point of inspiration for each other Inspiration feat you have.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times; its effects stack. The maximum number of times you can take this feat is equal to your Intelligence modifier.
Note: This version of the feat is for use with the houserule above.

Inspired Spellthief
Seriously, man, your thieving abilities are, just, inspired.
Prerequisites: Arcane Dilettante class feature, Steal Spell-Like Ability class feature.
[I]Benefit: Your Spellthief and Factotum levels stack for determining the maximum level of spell-like ability you can steal. For example, a 5th-level Spellthief/4th-level Factotum could steal a 3rd-level SLA. Your Spellthief and Factotum levels also stack for determining the caster level, number, and maximum level of spells that you can prepare with your Arcane Dilettante ability. For example, a 5th-level Spellthief/4th-level Factotum could prepare 4 spells of up to 3rd level, with a CL of 9.

By Amechra:

Aberrant Inspiration [Aberrant]
You are a little bit crazy from your odd heritage.
Prerequisites: Aberration Blood, Inspiration class feature.
[I]Benefit: For all intents and purposes, your Inspiration feats now count as Aberrant feats, and vice versa.

Inspired Aim
You are quite good at using your blade to hit just the right spots.
Prerequisites: Inspiration class feature, Cunning Strike class feature.
[I]Benefit: You count as if you have a number of Sneak Attack dice equal to the maximum level of spell you can use through Arcane Dilletante (or equivalent) for the purpose of qualifying for Ambush feats; you may use any Ambush feat by spending Inspiration points instead of sneak attack dice.

Some other Factotum homebrew links
(Other people have done stuff too, you know?)
Jester (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=438.0)
Factotum Monk & other rewrites (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204698)
Variant factoti (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150664)
More [Inspiration] Feats (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51893)