PDA

View Full Version : Urban Durids? HELP?

sambouchah
2013-01-04, 01:47 PM
I attempted this once but he wasn't at all good. I have the 'Enemies and Allies' book and saw Varro, as well as having Masters of the Wild(gives options for urban rangers but not druids). What useful wild shapes, companions, spells, feats and skills should I take?

silverwolfer
2013-01-04, 02:08 PM
I would suggest you look up the book called Dragon Compedium, which is sort of the half way point for DM's when it comes to dragon magazine, and being an official d&d book. A class called Urban Druid does live in it, and overall is very good for what you want, only thing that may need tuning is a feature called favored city or something like that, if you are going travling large places

sambouchah
2013-01-04, 02:11 PM
I would suggest you look up the book called Dragon Compedium, which is sort of the half way point for DM's when it comes to dragon magazine, and being an official d&d book. A class called Urban Druid does live in it, and overall is very good for what you want, only thing that may need tuning is a feature called favored city or something like that, if you are going travling large places

Okie doke! thanks for the help. Any suggestions on tuning it?
Like making it a wider variety or type of town?

silverwolfer
2013-01-04, 02:18 PM
ask your dm so it if fits into your adventure.

Darrin
2013-01-04, 02:39 PM
Check out the Cityscape Web Enhancements (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a) for urban-themed class features.

Start as a Warforged with Ironwood Body. Take the City Scoul ACF at Druid 16. Transform into a large animated object, but just before you do so, loudly announce, "Autobots, Roll Out!"

sambouchah
2013-01-04, 02:44 PM
Check out the Cityscape Web Enhancements (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a) for urban-themed class features.

Start as a Warforged with Ironwood Body. Take the City Scoul ACF at Druid 16. Transform into a large animated object, but just before you do so, loudly announce, "Autobots, Roll Out!"

This reply officially made my day! Also where are the rules/template/book with the warforged racial stuff?

Darrin
2013-01-04, 02:52 PM
This reply officially made my day! Also where are the rules/template/book with the warforged racial stuff?

Warforged originally appeared in the Eberron Campaign Setting, but they were also included in MM3, which means they may appear in any campaign world (with a little refluffing). The Ironwood Body feat appears in Races of Eberron (p. 119).

sambouchah
2013-01-04, 02:54 PM
Warforged originally appeared in the Eberron Campaign Setting, but they were also included in MM3, which means they may appear in any campaign world (with a little refluffing). The Ironwood Body feat appears in Races of Eberron (p. 119).

Thanks! I'll download a PDF in a bit

silverwolfer
2013-01-04, 02:57 PM
*facepalms* supoort the maker, buy the book

sambouchah
2013-01-04, 03:17 PM
*facepalms* supoort the maker, buy the book

My local gaming store rarely has in anything pre-4e. I have til Sunday to get him done haha. I usually buy them when I find them, but til then I use a PDF.

silverwolfer
2013-01-04, 03:22 PM
is your local gaming store really really locally owned, or a hobby shop that covers everything from magic cards to settlers board game.

Lord_Gareth
2013-01-04, 03:26 PM
You don't necessarily need any variants to play an 'urban druid', depending on your definition of both terms. For example, an 'urban' druid might tend to a city park, carefully maintaining a bastion of nature amidst civilization. He might be the owner and operator of a humane zoo, showing the majesty of the animal kingdom to ignorant city-dwellers. He might be a street shaman, communing with rats and vermin to keep tabs on the pulse of the city, or the failed apprentice of a more traditional druid who was thrown out for being too partial in his judgements (great backstory for an NG or NE druid).

One of my favorite urban druids was a living construct (not a Warforged, long story) who was built by a dying druid in Sigil to continue his work.

sambouchah
2013-01-04, 03:37 PM
is your local gaming store really really locally owned, or a hobby shop that covers everything from magic cards to settlers board game.

You don't necessarily need any variants to play an 'urban druid', depending on your definition of both terms. For example, an 'urban' druid might tend to a city park, carefully maintaining a bastion of nature amidst civilization. He might be the owner and operator of a humane zoo, showing the majesty of the animal kingdom to ignorant city-dwellers. He might be a street shaman, communing with rats and vermin to keep tabs on the pulse of the city, or the failed apprentice of a more traditional druid who was thrown out for being too partial in his judgements (great backstory for an NG or NE druid).

One of my favorite urban druids was a living construct (not a Warforged, long story) who was built by a dying druid in Sigil to continue his work.

Its a hobby shop but they don't have much 3.5 stuff and usually its used. well except for MM, PH, PHII, DMGII, Planar Handbook. Everything is second and 4e. It really sucks. I prefer brand new hard copies that I get to wear out myself

And I like the city park idea. Think I might use that.