PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Beastfolk creation

Nexahs
2013-01-04, 04:59 PM
I'm currently introducing a couple new characters to a running campaign, and one of my new players is insisting that he wants to play a beastfolk-esque race, claiming that he doesn't like any of the classic races. I've looked at the 4e beastfolk stats, and they are of course completely overpowered, and would put every other character to shame. Does anyone have any good ideas for how to 3.5-ify a beastfolk so I can appease him while still balancing him to the rest of the party?

Flickerdart
2013-01-04, 05:05 PM
Shifters seem like a good choice. What exactly make a race beastfolk-esque?

Nexahs
2013-01-04, 05:22 PM
Shifters seem like a good choice. What exactly make a race beastfolk-esque?

Presumably, attributes similar to these:
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Beastfolk_%284e_Race%29

He hasn't said which of the templates in that link he'd like to play, so I'm looking for more of a general "how to fix 4e race for 3.5" idea.

GreenSerpent
2013-01-04, 05:42 PM
Shifters (Eberron Campaign Setting/Races of Eberron), Catfolk (Races of the Wild I think), Lupins (Dragon Compendium), Tibbit (Dragon Compendium again).

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. Shifters are lycanthrope-like humans, Catfolk are exactly what you think they are, Lupins are anthropormorphic wolves, Tibbit are human but can shapeshift into a cat. All quite balanced.

Oh, and Gnolls as well.

GnomeGninjas
2013-01-04, 05:45 PM
It is not an actual 4e race. It is 4e home-brew from the dnd wiki.

Vaz
2013-01-04, 10:13 PM
One of my favourite Beastfolk has to the be the Anthropomorphic Gorillas from Stormwrack, although I cannot remember their name.

Waker
2013-01-04, 10:18 PM
One of my favourite Beastfolk has to the be the Anthropomorphic Gorillas from Stormwrack, although I cannot remember their name.

That would be the Hadozee.

The Viscount
2013-01-06, 11:03 AM
Your player might like to play a class to mimic similar bonds, like totem barbarian.
Otherwise, Darfellan is another bestial sort of race from Stormwrack, an orca-esque race.