PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Rules clarification

Fruchtkracher
2013-01-04, 07:10 PM
Hello Playgrounders.

While currently updating my Zen Archer Monk I came across the feat Reckless Aim (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/reckless-aim-combat), which seems quite risky to use, but that risk factor might be dependant on when you threaten.

However, when you roll a natural 1 on a ranged attack roll made with this bonus, you automatically hit a random adjacent creature that threatens your intended target.

More precisely I haven't found anything in the rules that says you need to be hostile to threaten. As in if my target is in melee and adjectant to both one of my allies and one of his, do I have an equal chance to hit either of them? Or do I automaticely hit my ally?

Either way, would you say this risk is worthwhile?

Waker
2013-01-04, 07:27 PM
Pulled this part from the rules on Combat, specifically Threatened Squares.

You threaten all squares into which you can make a melee attack, even when it is not your turn. Generally, that means everything in all squares adjacent to your space (including diagonally).
Threatened squares simply means which areas you can make a melee attack. You would have an equal chance of hitting another enemy and your ally. That feat is written oddly, since it specifies that a creature be adjacent and threatening the original target. The only thing worth noting is that it would seem to exclude adjacent but helpless creatures, as they wouldn't be threatening the target.

Fruchtkracher
2013-01-04, 11:44 PM
Perfect, so it is more useful than I had feared and I'm gonna use it. Thanks for the clarification.