PDA

View Full Version : [PF+3.5] Angels converting Devils

Darius Kane
2013-01-05, 04:11 AM
What methods could Angels use to convert Devils to Good (or at least away from Evil)?
Crunchy ways are okay (but no cheese), but I'm more interested in fluffy ways.

Acanous
2013-01-05, 04:15 AM
well, there's a level 9 spell for that, Sanctify the Wicked. Takes a year.

Alternately, a Helm of Opposite Alignment, or you can try Diplomacy checks.

Taveena
2013-01-05, 04:43 AM
Well, you could focus on the ones that are less focused with the downfall of Good and more their own survival. Show them the benefits of playing both sides of the field as Neutral and gaining allies from both ends of the spectrum. It's selfish, but it opens up the possibility of more development later on.

The Viscount
2013-01-05, 11:35 AM
Emissary of Barachiel (BoED) has the ability to convert creatures to good. It's a rather long process, and can be fluffed in several ways.

Fates
2013-01-05, 12:18 PM

Helm of opposite alignment doesn't work on creatures with alignment subtypes, I seem to recall.

Alleran
2013-01-05, 12:23 PM
Helm of opposite alignment doesn't work on creatures with alignment subtypes, I seem to recall.
I just checked the Helm in the SRD and PFSRD - there seem to be no subtype rules that I can spot.

One option for forcibly converting a fiend is to mindrape them. Don't just do a crude re-write, however. Make sure you subtly implant new memories, desires and compulsions. Then, just for good measure, you can rip out one alignment subtype and put in another via Savage Species (if you're allowed to carry that over to 3.5e). The ritual of alignment won't change the alignment outright, but it'll help keep them there once they have changed.

Darius Kane
2013-01-05, 12:40 PM
That's not something Angels would do.

Pandiano
2013-01-05, 06:47 PM
That's not something Angels would do.

Oh that definitely is!
Lawful good is not rarely lawful nice.

Runestar
2013-01-05, 09:12 PM
well, there's a level 9 spell for that, Sanctify the Wicked. Takes a year.

Heh, reminds me, there was a novel where the bulk of it was basically this alu-fiend's experience with sanctify the wicked. :smalltongue:

Arcanist
2013-01-06, 12:39 AM
Oh that definitely is!
Lawful good is not rarely lawful nice.

It's a spell with the evil descriptor... I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with a creature with a good subtype casting an evil spell :smalltongue:

I'm sure there is something in the BoED that helps with this sort of thing. Diplomacy is a hell of a skill :smalltongue:

Grollub
2013-01-06, 02:27 AM
Heh, reminds me, there was a novel where the bulk of it was basically this alu-fiend's experience with sanctify the wicked. :smalltongue:

Which novel?

Runestar
2013-01-06, 07:38 AM
Which novel?

Ah, found it at last. :smallbiggrin:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gossamer_Plain

Yuki Akuma
2013-01-06, 07:43 AM
It's a spell with the evil descriptor... I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with a creature with a good subtype casting an evil spell :smalltongue:

Programmed Amnesia, then.

It's essentially the same spell, except not [Evil].