PDA

View Full Version : I can only kill everything once [PF]

gr8artist
2013-01-05, 07:41 AM
Our party, ECL 7, contains a Half-Dragon (https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/half-dragon) Suli Monk 5.
Part of his template includes a once/day breath weapon, that deals 1d6 damage per racial hit die. (I think we've house-ruled that into 1d6/HD)
He is unsatisfied with the 1/day thing.

Does anyone know how a creature can get more uses of a breath attack? Also, does anyone know any feats or items that strengthen or modify a breath attack?

Vaz
2013-01-05, 11:36 AM
It's either Dragon Magic or Draconomicon, or Races of the Dragon in which there's the Breath Weapon Feat, making it a 1d4 Round Recharge as opposed to 1/day.

They are 3.X, I think, so whether that's allowed, I don't know.

Might want to rename your title though, it's a little ambiguous and might get more help if you said something like "Help Increasing Breath Weapon Potency" or something.

As for increasing its potency in general though, there are several Metabreath Feats in those books, as well as Metabreath Spells, which allow you to join certain spell effects with a Breath attack (useful for typically Feat Starved Magical Characters). Includes stuff like Lingering Breath (IIRC, do half damage on second round), Energy Admixture (Make breath Weapon do double damage, but must be of different Energy Type).

While you're there, might find Dragonborn useful for future builds/other characters; they can recieve a Breath Attack as well without the whole LA+3 deal going on.

Ryulin18
2013-01-05, 12:09 PM
Ask the DM for a custom feat. Something that is equal to the whole range of "Extra XXX" for other classes. Usually it gives +2 to a usage ability.