PDA

View Full Version : Character Creation Spree (takeing requestions and asking for suggestions)

Darksword
2013-01-05, 03:34 PM
Hey all,
I have been having an itch to make some characters. Not for any particular game just feeling like making a whole bunch of characters. My usual group has not been very active the last year and one of my favorite parts of gaming has always been making/leveling up characters.

I would love it if any one has any ideas for a character or 10 that I could make. I am also interested in any other systems that would be fun to make characters in. I love different systems and one a crucial part if I like a system is their options in character creation. I am so there are other people like me.

If I am happy with any character I am planning to post them in this thread.

Systems I am currently looking to make a character from :
Naruto D20
Exalted
Bleach D20 (the one based off the boards here)
Dnd 3.5 (focusing on noncore material that I never got to use that I love like Incarum)
Final Fantasy D20
One Piece D20
Final Fantasy D6
Animia: Beyond Fantasy
Mutant And Mastermind (ed 2 and 3)
Savage World (I don’t have the books but I have access to them through a friend never have done a truly universal system but I would be willing to try)

Felandria
2013-01-06, 02:36 AM
Male Half Orc with High Charisma wishing to pass as human.

Female Dwarf on stilts.

A Taddol with multiple personality disorder.

That should get you started.

Deathkeeper
2013-01-06, 11:01 AM
A half-orc with a compulsive need to punch any gnome he sees.

A mischievous Kobold that's far too smart for his own good (Dragonwrought is acceptable, cheese after it probably isn't)

A Warforged based on any robotic or metal character from anything. I just love those guys.

TheThan
2013-01-06, 04:03 PM
if you just create a bunch of PCs, you'll probably not ever use them, which is part of the fun of creating them anyway. so what i suggest is that you turn these PCs into NPCs and then run a game. Now you've got a bunch of cool and interesting NPCs you get to use, and the party gets to interact with.

Darksword
2013-01-06, 04:16 PM
if you just create a bunch of PCs, you'll probably not ever use them, which is part of the fun of creating them anyway. so what i suggest is that you turn these PCs into NPCs and then run a game. Now you've got a bunch of cool and interesting NPCs you get to use, and the party gets to interact with.

Valid suggestion bro but not really my plan. I am posting them here so any can use them if they want. But for me the fun is building and imagining him/her it grow. I love playing games to but I have alot of fun building characters. These never where meant to be used just built.

I like some of the suggestions so far but I want to stay away from core as I have built a lot of characters from core but I might use a few of them.

Fable Wright
2013-01-06, 04:52 PM
An ancient giant that wields powerful and exotic magic that takes a long time to cast, but has an effect that lasts the whole combat.

A member of a squad of elite, not entirely sane gnomes that have the objective of having opponents kill themselves, rather than touch them at all, making liberal use of Gnome Tunnel Acrobatics and Elusive Target feat, and then defeating the one remaining foe without getting a scratch on them.

A Pixie who dreams of becoming the best knight in the world, and can singlehandedly take on opponents of Huge or larger size.

smashbro
2013-01-06, 05:51 PM
For mutants and masterminds, have you ever looked into DC Adventures? If so, how about the main character of this series: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/TheCape.

Also, a hero/heroine who wants to be a quick witted hero who comes up with brilliant strategies on the fly... but is terrible at it. And a villain for him/her, preferably a foil.

As for D&D 3.5 -

Someone who cannot decide what they want to do, taking only one class from any expansion book (one from complete Divine, one from complete Adventurer, stuff like that). Level 7.

A summoned creature (as with the spell) who has stuck around, and decided to become an adventurer.

Xefas
2013-01-06, 06:22 PM
Would you use homebrew material?

I wouldn't mind seeing someone build a mid-level Martial Adept (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14352662&postcount=2). Especially using some of the playground's extensive homebrewed disciplines. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255468)

As for looking for other systems to make characters in, Burning Wheel (Gold, if you can find it) has one of the most fun character generation processes I've ever seen. It's quite in depth, which you can see some of in this thread, where we did a vote-up-a-character thing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258692).

It's not quite 'character' generation, but there's also a little (free) game called How To Host a Dungeon, which is loads of fun, and involves generating your own little dungeon, via digging out rooms, spawning monsters, and watching as their behaviors draw them into conflict and shape the dungeon.

edit: If you like superheroes, ICONS has a fun character generation system. I've sat down and just made a dozen of them before (twice). It's great seeing what you can come up with, given some of the randomized elements you get to work with.

Raimun
2013-01-06, 08:15 PM
Mutants and Masterminds character: The Most Interesting Man in the World (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U18VkI0uDxE).

I've tried to build him at PL10 (2nd e.) for fun but I've never been entirely satisfied. I think he should be badass normal and the very pinnacle of human potential.

Darksword
2013-01-07, 12:37 AM
OMG!!! So many great ideas so far! I am going to get to work soon. Great idea so far guys thanks :D

saxavarius
2013-01-08, 12:17 AM
A paranoid claw-lock/unarmed swordsage with high move speed; Gestalt or standard your call

Xaotiq1
2013-01-08, 05:51 PM
For SWSE, a Wookie who cannot speak his native language (that whole genetic disorder thing mentioned in one of the books) who is a foppish crimelord.