PDA

View Full Version : Rifts: Vampire Hunting O.C.C.s

Beelzebub1111
2013-01-05, 07:48 PM
Now, I'm 100% sure that there is a Vampire Hunter O.C.C. (Or at least The Slayer from Mystic Russia) for rifts, but I'm wondering what ones would be best for: (1)Locating and identifying (2)Resisting and (3)Killing vampires. Were I to assemble a team of vampire hunters to do these things (either storming mexico, or act as a border patrol for the Pecos Empire)

The best I've found for killing them is a Water Warlock. Being able to summon a rainstorm anywhere (even indoors) at third level seems invaluable and at higher levels? Hurricanes! It's ridiculous! If you manage to summon a greater water elemental it's game over.

Resisting is down to Robot/Cyborg, Slayer, or Necromancer.

Locating and identifying...dog boys and psistalkers?

Any other advice? Anything that I'm missing?

LibraryOgre
2013-01-06, 02:06 PM
Robots are going to be the best for resisting them; IIRC, borgs CAN be charmed by a vampire, they just resist well. I agree that Dog Boys and Psi-stalkers will likely be your best bet for locating and identifying them.

Now, you might want to look at Atlantis for the Atlantean Undead Hunter. Other T-men have some useful tattoos, but UH start with a great variety. Furthermore, their summoning abilities makes them useful in other ways... they can summon dogs and such to help locate the creature, and they can summon monsters which won't be turned by the vampire, and are dispellable.

I'd also look to the Druids of England; Tree of Life items make for wonderful anti-vampire weapons, and the Druids can create a number of useful items (including elemental summoning magic items).

Freejack451
2013-01-06, 03:55 PM
You should check out Rifter #2. This issue has a good section on Vampire TW devices, and a TW Vampire Hunter O.C.C.

Freejack