PDA

View Full Version : check my build for errors please. Fast 9th lvl cleric spells.

morkendi
2013-01-06, 08:27 AM
1st is 2 lvls human monk. This give me the 3 fort save I need, and 3 feats with no flaws. I took able learner, knowledge devotion, iron will. Next is 1 lvl bard for the skill points to meet pre reqs and feed knowledge devotion. 3rd lvl feet is spell focus evil. I make sure to have bluff 6, knowledge arcana/ religion/ planes all 5, and spellcraft 8. Next I go ur-priest strait for 10 lvls with 6th lvl feat of practiced spell caster. If I am right, I get 9th lvl cleric spells at 13th lvl with a 13 cl. I know it requires a alignment change, but monk is done at 2nd lvl. Most likely do bard stuff after just to increase cl.

Yora
2013-01-06, 08:41 AM
A 2nd level human monk still has only 2 feats, not three. The bonus feats at 1st and 2nd level have to be Improved Grapple, Stunning Fist, Combat Reflexes, or Deflect Arrows.

Also, you can only put your 8th rank in Spellcraft when you are 5th level, and therefor can take your first level of Urpriest only at 6th level.

Instead of bard, you could take a level of rogue. With the Able Learner feat, you can increase the skills just like a bard and even get more points for that. After that, you could take two levels of sorcerer or wizard and learn some useful utility spells that do not require saving throws or have to overcome magic resstance to be useful to you.

Muktidata
2013-01-06, 08:52 AM
A 2nd level human monk still has only 2 feats, not three. The bonus feats at 1st and 2nd level have to be Improved Grapple, Stunning Fist, Combat Reflexes, or Deflect Arrows.

Also, you can only put your 8th rank in Spellcraft when you are 5th level, and therefor can take your first level of Urpriest only at 6th level.

Dragon #310. Martial Monk. Select a Fighter Feat Each Level.

I know it requires a alignment change

Ur-Priest is any evil. Monk is any lawful (including lawful evil). Dragon #335's Chaos Monk has chaotic alignment if you need that for some reason.

Now, I don't guess that the OP is interested in DMgz since he said he didn't want to use flaws, but just in case.

morkendi
2013-01-06, 09:03 AM
Hmmm. If I took sorcerer at 1 then 2 lvls monk? I thought you can train 4 points in a skill at first lvl, then 2 every lvl after. Able learner making it 1 for 1. My dm may be doing it wrong then, I never questioned it. Also, could take 2 flaws to get other feats.

docnessuno
2013-01-06, 09:09 AM
1st is 2 lvls human monk. This give me the 3 fort save I need, and 3 feats with no flaws. I took able learner, knowledge devotion, iron will. Next is 1 lvl bard for the skill points to meet pre reqs and feed knowledge devotion. 3rd lvl feet is spell focus evil. I make sure to have bluff 6, knowledge arcana/ religion/ planes all 5, and spellcraft 8. Next I go ur-priest strait for 10 lvls with 6th lvl feat of practiced spell caster. If I am right, I get 9th lvl cleric spells at 13th lvl with a 13 cl. I know it requires a alignment change, but monk is done at 2nd lvl. Most likely do bard stuff after just to increase cl.

1) None of the feats you selected are bonus monk (or fighter) feats.

2) Knowledge devotion requires at least 5 ranks in a knowledge skill, so it cannot be taken before level 3

3) Ur priest requires 8 skill ranks, so can normally be entered only after level 5

4) The build itself doesn't seem very solid, heres some alternatives:

Monk 2 / duskblade 3 / Ur-priest 2 / Sacred fist 10 / enlightet fist 3 (If table trumps text for sacred fist. CL 5 / 13 without praticed spellcaster)

Monk 2 / duskblade 3 / Ur-priest 2 / Sacred fist 8 / Enlightet fist 3, duskblade +2 (If table trumps text for sacred fist. CL 7 / 15 without praticed spellcaster)

Duskblade 5 / Ur-priest 2 / Mystic theurge 8 / Duskblade +5 (CL 18 / 20 without praticed spellcaster)

Yora
2013-01-06, 10:23 AM
Hmmm. If I took sorcerer at 1 then 2 lvls monk? I thought you can train 4 points in a skill at first lvl, then 2 every lvl after. Able learner making it 1 for 1. My dm may be doing it wrong then, I never questioned it. Also, could take 2 flaws to get other feats.

You can get four Ranks at first level and add another Rank for every additional level. If the skill is not a class skill for the class, you have to use 2 Points to get one Rank. With Able Learner, you always use 1 Point for every Rank.