PDA

View Full Version : Gunslinger/Sniper Warforged Gun Build? [3.5]

DarkMaverik
2013-01-06, 11:33 AM
So, I have this idea for a character class that I wanna play, but I have no idea how I would do it or if it's even possible. It's a simple idea, but my resident DnD Genius notes the problem of it requiring a lot of feats to be effective.

So, the idea is a character who has a gun (modernish, so, not a blunderbuss or musket etc) that is basically a Warforged. This Warforged would be able to be set to multiple configurations. The 2 essential ones I want are dual wielded pistols (or even just 1) and a long barreled sniper rifle.

The idea being that in combat he can run around firing his pistol(s) and doing shenanigans, but he can also initiate/clean up/pick off with the sniper mode.

I'm sure other stuff would be involved, but that's the core class feature idea. I guess maybe some kind of craft skill would be needed to rebuild/upgrade/maintain the special purpose weapon?

Anybody have any ideas?

I was told to also state that Homebrew is fine. Our current party is homebrewed out the hindquarters.

Also I guess the gun doesn't HAVE to be a warforged. That's just a crazy wacky thing I thought would be a fun idea. So it's got it's own personality and the like.

Also worth noting, the party the character joins is already at level 8, maybe level 9.

SilverLeaf167
2013-01-06, 12:22 PM
What exactly do you mean by "the gun being a Warforged"? Some Transformers-sorta thing, or would a simple intelligent item work?

I don't really have much to contribute here, I just thought this matter would be rather important for whoever comes up with an answer. :smallredface:

DarkMaverik
2013-01-06, 06:16 PM
What I mean is that, basically, the gun has the Soul/AI of a Warforged in it. However Warforged work. So like, it's always in "gun mode", whether it be sniper gun or hand gun, but it can talk where appropriate and make situational observations etc. Maybe roll knowledge checks haha.