PDA

View Full Version : Getting Bardic Music with out a class.

qwertyu63
2013-01-06, 01:45 PM
Is there any way to get Bardic Music other then levels in a class? Preferably in feat form, but I can work with other things.

Some notes:
This is on a Factotum 8 going to Factotum 9. At the moment, they have no Preform ranks, but I can revise that, or take them with some of the 10 they will get at level 9. The reason I would prefer it to be a feat is because the level in question is 9, and I have nothing else in mind for that feat. I want the ability just to have it available. (the character has a thing about expanding the sheer number of unique abilities they have)

I could branch to another class, but I'd rather not, hence the request of this post.

Amnestic
2013-01-06, 01:52 PM
List of Stuff (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871954/Lists_of_Stuff)
Bardic Music - (any prestige that grants bardic music also stacks with bard levels for number of uses per day)
Bard
Virtuoso 1, ecl 8, Complete Adventurer
Fochlucan Lyrist 1, ecl 11, Complete Adventurer
Dragonsong Lyrist 1, ecl 8, Draconomicon, functions like bardic music but different name, does not stack
Warrior Skald 1, ecl 6, Races of Faerun
Spellsinger 1, ecl 6, Races of Faerun
Troubadour of Stars 1, ecl ?, Book of Exalted Deeds

stacks for bardic music uses per day
Seeker of the Song, ecl 11, Complete Arcane
Sublime Chord, ecl 11, Complete Arcane, add only half level
Fochlucan Lyrist , ecl 11, Complete Adventurer
War Chanter, ecl 6 (maybe 5), Complete Warrior
Dawncaller, ecl 7, Races of Stone
Dirgesinger, ecl 6, Libris Mortis
Stormsinger, ecl 6, Frostburn
Lyric Thaumaturge, ecl 7, Complete Mage

special mention
Extra Music, feat, Complete Adventurer, 4 extra uses
Harmonius Knight paladin sub level (Champion of Valor; web enhancement) grants inspire courage, but not as a bardic ability
Initiate of Milil, feat, Champions of Valor, lets you stack bard/cleric/paladin levels to determine what kind of music you have
Initiate of Hlal, feat, Dragon Magic, gain one additional use of bardic music if you already have it
Divine Prankster, ecl 6, Races of Stone, uses bardic music to fuel "Comedic Performance" which has effects similar to bardic music
The Artist, regional feat, Player's Guide to Faerun, 3 extra bardic music uses
Evangelist, ecl 6, Complete Divine, stacks for strength of bard songs, see text

There doesn't appear to be a feat which grants the Bardic Music feature. Dip or nothing, I'm afraid.

qwertyu63
2013-01-06, 02:03 PM
I was afraid of that. Thanks for the nice list.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-06, 03:37 PM
Isn't there a horn or something that is masterwork and gives you "inspire courage as though you are a bard one level higher than you are" in song and silence? I have seen it argued that with such an item, even a non-bard inspires as a bard 1.

edit afb but I'm pretty sure it's just a "masterwork horn" I'm thinking of. Look it up. <3

Diovid
2013-01-06, 03:50 PM
Isn't there a horn or something that is masterwork and gives you "inspire courage as though you are a bard one level higher than you are" in song and silence? I have seen it argued that with such an item, even a non-bard inspires as a bard 1.

edit afb but I'm pretty sure it's just a "masterwork horn" I'm thinking of. Look it up. <3
However having the Inspire Courage ability does not give the Bardic Music ability, unless that is specifically stated.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-06, 05:43 PM
lol that's a good point. Somehow my wires git crossed and... oh well, that's a way to get inspire courage lol