PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Samurai?

Astrella
2013-01-06, 01:46 PM
Hi,

so I'm playing a Samurai Sword Saint (Mount was going to be difficult since it's a game where we travel around by ship a lot.) and was wondering if anyone had some thoughts on build options? I'm mostly looking for stuff that let's me do more things in combat because as of now it's sorta limited between using a Composite Longbow or just slashing at people with a Katana.

Tokuhara
2013-01-06, 03:41 PM
Hi,

so I'm playing a Samurai Sword Saint (Mount was going to be difficult since it's a game where we travel around by ship a lot.) and was wondering if anyone had some thoughts on build options? I'm mostly looking for stuff that let's me do more things in combat because as of now it's sorta limited between using a Composite Longbow or just slashing at people with a Katana.

My suggestion is actually neither weapon. One of the best weapon options for samurai, especially for an Order of the Warrior, is the Naginata. I know it's an odd weapon, but Reach, a good Critical, and a decent damage die means that the Naginata has a good bit of "Reach out and touch somebody" while still being able to power attack and honestly gets the ultimate usage of the Order of the Warrior's later-level abilities (the Auto-Max Critical Threat that can Blind/Sicken/Stun on a hit). If one of your co-players is a Cockatrice Cavalier, you have a new best friend.