PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Another Mob (inspired by Mummer's Parade) PEACH

Debihuman
2013-01-06, 02:02 PM
I figured it was time to create a new Mob (using the Mob template in DMG II).
A Mob is made up of 48 Small or Medium creatures or 12 Large creatures. Note: the mob template is quite specific so please look at it before commenting.

Mob of Drunken Hooligans
Gargantuan Humanoid (Mob of Medium Humans)
Hit Dice: 30d8 (135 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 20 ft. (cannot run)
Armor Class: 5 (-4 size, -1 Dex); touch 5, flat-footed 5
Base Attack/Grapple: +22/+34
Attack: Mob (5d6)
Full Attack: Mob (5d6)
Space/Reach: 20 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Trample (2d6)
Special Qualities: Drunk, Mob Anatomy
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +9
Abilities: Str 11, Con 11, Dex 9, Con 11, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: +4 Listen, +4 Spot
Feats: Improved Initiative, Great Fortitude, Improved Bullrush (B), Overrun (B)
Environment: Urban
Organization: Solitary, Pair, or Gang (3-12 Mobs)
Challenge Rating: 8
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually Neutral
Advancement: —
Level Adjustment: —

A mob of drunken hooligans pours out of the local alehouse looking for trouble.

Drunk (Ex): A mob of drunken hooligans takes a -1 Circumstance penalty to Dexterity, has no good saves, and cannot run. If they are also mummers, they are garishly dressed and can just manage the mummer’s strut while singing, "Oh, Dem Golden Slippers" out of tune.

Mob Anatomy (Ex): A mob has no clear front or back and no discernible anatomy, so it is not subject to critical hits or sneak attacks. A mob cannot be flanked, tripped, grappled, or bull rushed.

Unlike standard swarms, mobs are made up of relatively small numbers of individual creatures, so spells or effects that target specific numbers of creatures can have an effect on a mob. Each specific creature that is slain, disabled, or otherwise incapacitated by spells or effects that target specific creatures bestows two negative levels on the mob. A mob that gains negative levels equal to its Hit Dice breaks up as if reduced to O hit points. Negative levels gained in this manner are not the result of negative energy (and thus cannot be blocked by death ward or removed by restoration ), but never result in permanent level loss. A mob takes half again as much damage (+50%) from spells or effects that affect an area, such as splash weapons and evocation spells.

Although mobs are treated as one creature, it sometimes becomes necessary to determine the fate of a specific individual caught up in the mob. if a mob is dispersed by nonlethal attacks, there are no casualties. If the mob is dispersed by lethal attacks, assume that 30%, of its number are slain and 30% are reduced to O hit points. To determine a specific individual's fate, simply roll d%: a result of 01-30 indicates death, 31-60 indicates the victim is reduced to 0 hit points, and a roll of 61-100 indicates the victim escapes relatively unscathed.

Debby

Frathe
2013-01-06, 02:23 PM
I'd like to comment, but I don't have access to DMG II. All I can see is that you could superscript those bonus feat B's.