PDA

View Full Version : Feats for ripping hearts out

Annos
2013-01-06, 06:53 PM
I'm making a Half-Chaos Dragon Spellthief Totemist(but am reconsidering spelltheif) and had the Idea of his "Kill move" being to "uppercut" his opponent underneath the ribs and ripping out it's heart Myan style. Would this go to Rule 0 or is their a feat/manuver?

Ravens_cry
2013-01-06, 06:56 PM
There is an assassin spell that does this, but it may, barring other options, just be best proclaim you do this when you get a kill if you really want this.
It's more or less fluff, after all.

Rubik
2013-01-06, 07:05 PM
Skill Focus (Profession: Cuckold)?

Hyena
2013-01-06, 07:06 PM
There is Snatch Trophy feat in the Champions of Ruin. Not sure if it works for hearts. There's also Mutilator from the same book.

Annos
2013-01-06, 07:08 PM
Snatch Trophy... interesting :belkar:

Ravens_cry
2013-01-06, 07:11 PM
You could, I suppose, take a heart with that feat, but they wouldn't be for certain dead if you do and that would be . . .weird to say the least.

Hyena
2013-01-06, 07:12 PM
But wait, there's more! Using Bloodsoaked Intimidate feat from the same book. you can actually show the heart to your foe after ripping it. To everybody else too, though, and you get intimidate as a swift action for this.

Unusual Muse
2013-01-06, 07:14 PM
The spell Clutch of Orcus (BoVD and Libris Mortis) does this; if the target is killed by the spell, its smoking heart appears in the caster's hand.

Annos
2013-01-06, 07:17 PM
then use the craft throphy (PHII) and make a corn chip bowl out of a kobalt's head :belkar:
Clutch of Orcus aye!?...

Grinner
2013-01-06, 07:18 PM
I'd say that falls under the purview of Rule Zero.

However, if you can convince your DM to accept third party material and are willing to replace Spellthief with Barbarian, there's a third party feat (http://www.purpleduckgames.com/fheart-eater) that lets you eat hearts for fun and profit.

Annos
2013-01-06, 07:23 PM
Spelltheif is up to the wind. Favored soul might replace this.

Fable Wright
2013-01-06, 07:26 PM
Gruesome Finish, from Exemplars of Evil. After you drop a foe below 0 HP, you can sacrifice your remaining attacks that round to kill that foe and Sicken all your opponents. The crunch dovetails nicely with the intended fluff.

Annos
2013-01-06, 07:32 PM
So many ways to rip hearts out, so little feats

Ernir
2013-01-06, 08:12 PM
I like to think the Fountain of Blood (if it kills the enemy) and Feral Death Blow maneuvers do this.

These should technically be available through feats, but it'd be hard. Try getting them from an item?

Annos
2013-01-06, 08:16 PM
Or replace Spelltheif. On that note, are their any suggestions for classes to replace spelltheif?

nedz
2013-01-06, 11:47 PM
There are plenty of options to replace Spellthief.

Some questions might be in order.

What was it about Spellthief that you wanted ?
What sort of classes are you thinking about ?

Annos
2013-01-07, 04:26 PM
This Charecter is to replace and old one in a Divine campaign that was Play-as-you-go and now I wan`t to revive it, I will be going back to the roots of that charecter and will be replacing Spelltheif with Dragonfire Adept.

Person_Man
2013-01-07, 05:24 PM
Snatch Trophy->Bloodsoaked Intimidate Feats (Champions of Ruin) + Imperious Command Feat (Drow of the Underdark) + Never Outnumbered Skill Trick (Complete Scoundrel) is an ok combo.

Snatch Trophy: When you drop an enemy, you deal an extra 1d6 damage (potentially killing them, if you knock them below -10 hit points) or take a small item that was in their possession (light weapon, potion, scroll, etc) as a free action. Generally not worth it, but needed as a pre-req for...

Bloodsoaked Intimidate: When you kill an enemy, you can make an Intimidate check as a Swift Action against an adjacent enemy to Demoralize them (normally a Standard Action), rendering them Shaken. It's a poorly worded Feat, so your DM might also let you use Intimidate to make them temporarily Friendly as a Swift Action. (The other use for Intimidate, which normally takes one minute of interaction).

Imperious Command: When you Demoralize an enemy, they Cower for the first round and are Shaken on the next.

Never Outnumbered: When you Demoralize an enemy, it effects all enemies within 10 ft. It's a Skill Trick, so it's only usable once per combat unless you take certain Feats/PrC. But it only costs a few Skill Ranks, and not a Feat.

Brass Mane and Krenshar Mask soulmelds can buff your Intimidate checks.

Just beware that Fear combos are either ridiculously useful (You can often auot-win combat if you get your combo off) or completely useless (many common enemies are immune). So it's not really something you want to invest significant resources into.

And I would drop Spellthief and the templates. They really don't add much to a Totemist build, which relies on it's soulmelds, essentia, chakra binds, and hit dice/essentia capacity to be effective.

Annos
2013-01-07, 05:37 PM
Dropping Chaos half-Dragon would be against the story line, besides the other party member will also have a +3 LA. It`s not a Fear Build, it`s for dramatic perposes only. The Outcome of the campaign is a 60+ HD Greater Deity.

nedz
2013-01-07, 06:13 PM
Dropping Chaos half-Dragon would be against the story line, besides the other party member will also have a +3 LA. It`s not a Fear Build, it`s for dramatic purposes only. The Outcome of the campaign is a 60+ HD Greater Deity.

Intimidation is dramatic.

Annos
2013-01-07, 06:24 PM
So it is, so it is.