PDA

View Full Version : Maximizing turn undead useage for an archivist/cleric

Seer_of_Heart
2013-01-06, 08:13 PM
How much could one max out turn undead usages for an archivist/cleric, preferably without using the obvious extra turning feat and without caster level loss.

toapat
2013-01-06, 08:29 PM
Nightsticks, Domains that grant Turning

+4 uses per day of turn undead per, stacking with eachother (RAW, not typical though), Aditional Sources also gain the same benefit

Seer_of_Heart
2013-01-06, 09:08 PM
I know about nightsticks I'm trying to avoid using them though, and I thought by raw no domains will grant you usages that work with turn undead (sun converts a normal turn and others grant you turn plants or something)

toapat
2013-01-06, 09:12 PM
im almost certain one of the domains in the SRD does give turning, no matter how stupid that sounds.

JaronK
2013-01-07, 05:01 AM
A one level Dread Necromancer dip on a neutral character can give Rebuke Undead to go with Turn Undead, so that doubles your usages, but does lose a caster level. You do get a few nice abilities to go with it.

Binder 1/Caster X/Anima Mage 10 gives you a really solid PrC that gives 3 free metamagics per day anyway, and you can bind Tenebrous for 1 free Turn Undead attempt every 5 rounds, but you do lose a caster level there too. Still, it could easily be worth it. Note that Anima Mage is generally arcane only, but the adaptation section does say divine casters should be allowed to use it. Consider finishing out with Tenebrous Apostate. The overall power from this combo is extremely high.

Anything that spikes up your charisma will do it, especially if you have both Turn and Rebuke undead.

JaronK

andromax
2013-01-07, 05:48 AM
im almost certain one of the domains in the SRD does give turning, no matter how stupid that sounds.

Undeath Domain just gives you 'free' Extra Turning feat

Diarmuid
2013-01-07, 01:32 PM
I think one of the common (if dubious) ideas is that the "turn plants", "turn elementals", etc count as new pools of turning that could be used for DMM and each one would get a bump from the feats/items that grant additional uses.

I'm not saying I agree with it, just trying to help the conversation along.