PDA

View Full Version : mutants and masterminds for a noob

sambouchah
2013-01-06, 10:35 PM
I am new to the game(never played but I have the book) Is it true 20? I assume it is because it's Green Ronin but I can't seem to find where it says it(if it in fact is). Also are the points you get for powers the same points you use for ability scores or is there a separate set?

Thanks for the help, let me know if I'm just being dumb, sorry for spelling mistakes:smallsmile:

Edge of Dreams
2013-01-07, 02:15 AM
It may borrow from True 20, but I don't think it is officially a True 20 product.

You need to specify which edition you're talking about. The 2nd and 3rd editions have some substantial differences in how characters are built.

Khatoblepas
2013-01-07, 05:45 AM
I don't know about M&M 1e, but M&M 2e & 3e work similarly in this regard.

Yes, your power point pool buys both your ability scores and your powers. You are in effect buying a Permanent Enhanced Ability power when you buy up your ability scores, but it's reduced to just buying ability scores for brevity's sake.

Elderand
2013-01-07, 11:06 AM
It's not true 20
It has some superficial rules in common with true 20 but that's all (and most of those rules exist as variant rules for normal dnd anyway)

And you only have one pool of power points and buy everything with those

sambouchah
2013-01-07, 12:41 PM
It may borrow from True 20, but I don't think it is officially a True 20 product.

You need to specify which edition you're talking about. The 2nd and 3rd editions have some substantial differences in how characters are built.

I don't know about M&M 1e, but M&M 2e & 3e work similarly in this regard.

Yes, your power point pool buys both your ability scores and your powers. You are in effect buying a Permanent Enhanced Ability power when you buy up your ability scores, but it's reduced to just buying ability scores for brevity's sake.

It's not true 20
It has some superficial rules in common with true 20 but that's all (and most of those rules exist as variant rules for normal dnd anyway)

And you only have one pool of power points and buy everything with those

The inside cover of the book says it's in accordance with 1st edition OGL and the book was published in 2009 but I don't see anything about the books/games edition itself(unless that is in fact it)
Also thanks for the pool info!

sambouchah
2013-01-07, 12:43 PM
The inside cover of the book says it's in accordance with 1st edition OGL and the book was published in 2009 but I don't see anything about the books/games edition itself(unless that is in fact it)
Also thanks for the pool info!

I just checked all the licensing and it is 2nd edition!