PDA

View Full Version : Worst smuggling attempt ever

The Succubus
2013-01-07, 09:06 AM
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/01/07/contraband_cat/

As far as plans go, this was not the most well thought out one. Although I'm pleased to read that the kitty is doing well in a vet centre.

Morph Bark
2013-01-07, 09:13 AM
Well, at least they're not likely to find out who sent it in. In that regard, the plan was purrfect.

Either way, it's good that it did not succeed.

Jib
2013-01-07, 09:27 AM
Poor Kitteh~ /lovetodeath

Castaras
2013-01-07, 09:53 AM
I'm sad now. Poor kitty. :smallfrown:

At least it was only taped to it.

Jib
2013-01-07, 10:06 AM
Indeed, but if the kitteh needs a home I would be happy to add it to my crazy old man starter kit.

Teddy
2013-01-07, 10:11 AM
It seemed to be wrapped in almost a whole roll of tape, and yet the police doesn't expect to find a single finger print or strand of hair for DNA testing (yes, there'll be lots of cat hair as well, but I think there should be a noticeable difference, and at least worth a shot)?

Also, lining up all the prisoners on the yard and then releasing the cat to see if it seems to recognise anyone of them may not be foolproof, but at least give a hint of where to start.

noparlpf
2013-01-07, 10:17 AM
That picture, that does not look like a particularly thrilled kitty.

Lentrax
2013-01-07, 10:25 AM
*Pulls out list of ways to break out of prison*

1. Gyro's Furniture Mover Ray.
2. Rock Hammer
3. Causing a riot.
4. Taping supplies to kitty.

Great, well that was it for that list...

Zorg
2013-01-07, 11:35 AM
Also, lining up all the prisoners on the yard and then releasing the cat to see if it seems to recognise anyone of them may not be foolproof, but at least give a hint of where to start.

Apparently the cat was sort of a prison mascot that hung around the yard and in or aroudn the prison, so it knows all the prisoners already. It was reportadly also friendly with many of the prisoners' families and they would often take it home to feed.

And well, they caught it this time, but who knows if it's made other runs before they got it.

WarKitty
2013-01-07, 11:42 PM
Apparently the cat was sort of a prison mascot that hung around the yard and in or aroudn the prison, so it knows all the prisoners already. It was reportadly also friendly with many of the prisoners' families and they would often take it home to feed.

And well, they caught it this time, but who knows if it's made other runs before they got it.

Sort of a pity for everyone else in there, actually. I imagine a cat could be quite a comfort, and if this hadn't happened there's a good chance kitty would have lived out a fairly contented life as a prison companion.

JustSomeGuy
2013-01-08, 08:19 AM
*Pulls out list of ways to break out of prison*

1. Gyro's Furniture Mover Ray.
2. Rock Hammer
3. Causing a riot.
4. Taping supplies to kitty.

Great, well that was it for that list...

5. Trash bags, pool chairs and some hairdryers on an extension cord.

Morph Bark
2013-01-08, 08:25 AM
Sort of a pity for everyone else in there, actually. I imagine a cat could be quite a comfort, and if this hadn't happened there's a good chance kitty would have lived out a fairly contented life as a prison companion.

Prettymuch, though they'd need to make sure it couldn't get out so easily, otherwise something like this can happen.

Cats are also much more fit than any other creature for this, because both cats and dogs provoke the most/strongest emotional responses from people out of all animals, but dogs would be unfit for this because they might end up being trained to attack other prisoners or guards.

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-08, 10:52 PM
Darn you, Miau! Why didn't you go through the ventilation system like I told you?

Traab
2013-01-09, 11:39 AM
Idiots shouldnt have sent the cat through the front gates, they should have waited till night and launched it over the walls with a

wait for it

/puts on shades

Catapult. YEEEEEEAAAAHHH!!!!

Soris Atham
2013-01-10, 01:52 PM
wait for it

/puts on shades

Catapult. YEEEEEEAAAAHHH!!!!

[Wince] It's amazing what people will do to get around the system. I read the news story and the theme song to "Mission Impossible" came to mind.

I am relived to hear that kitty is in good hands.

Giggling Ghast
2013-01-10, 03:18 PM
I'm surprised the cat could walk with that much crud taped to it.

Flame of Anor
2013-01-10, 03:22 PM
They should have put some white fluffy fur-looking stuff over the gear to make it less obvious.

JustSomeGuy
2013-01-10, 06:03 PM
Maybe the cat was a distraction to get the guards occupied while subtle cat strolled right on by...

turkishproverb
2013-01-10, 06:13 PM
Poor kitty.

Indeed, but if the kitteh needs a home I would be happy to add it to my crazy old man starter kit.

This is one of the best things ever posted on the board.