PDA

View Full Version : I'm too old for this!

GutterFace
2013-01-07, 03:55 PM
So we've been playing with the same group in 3.5 for 2 years now. we all know each other well, we're all friends.

For the past campaign we've been on we have used Roll20. we loved at first but now we're all kind of tired of it. we spend most of the time looking at the screen figuring out what do do next, checking email, youtube....etc.

so now im putting my foot down and going back to good old vinyl mats, paper and pencil.

i miss talking to people and not typing crazy nonsense into the screen. too much metagaming!

so now after you read this rant. im starting a new campaign for our people.

Does anyone have a good list, of a few 3.5 modules you can recommend for L1 starting players? lets say 1-5 level MAX.

LTwerewolf
2013-01-07, 04:05 PM
Not exactly what you are looking for, but I would recommend against using straight modules. I find that when you have actual players and not theoretical players, they tend to not get railroaded quite as easily as modules usually require.

"Well, we COULD do that, or I could send us all to the plane of fire because why not?

silverwolfer
2013-01-07, 04:08 PM
Age of worms dungeon magazine 124 is a blast, and has been written for and massive support up to level 20 and i think beyond with plenty of flavor and easy starting point as everyone comes from a mining town, if need be I would love to be a small co dm and player to ease you into it also and help you find a source if you don't have access to the magazine.

Also if may suggest, Myth-weavers website tends to be friendly for running a game and finding players online then giant, as it has scripted support for dice rolls and player sheet storage.

GutterFace
2013-01-07, 04:17 PM
thanks ill have to take a look into mythweavers.