PDA

View Full Version : Maneuver help please?

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-01-07, 08:02 PM
I am rather new to actually making ToB characters. I need some help in combat maneuvers for my first high-level TOB gal. She has a manifester level of 17 and she is Swordsage 11/Master of the Nine 5 for her ToB classes.

Any suggestions?

Darrin
2013-01-07, 08:05 PM
I am rather new to actually making ToB characters. I need some help in combat maneuvers for my first high-level TOB gal. She has a manifester level of 17 and she is Swordsage 11/Master of the Nine 5 for her ToB classes.

Any suggestions?

What is your preferred weapons configuration and (other than your prereqs for Mo9) what are your feats?

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-01-07, 08:19 PM
Here's the sheet so far: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=494563
Basically, I put just about everything in the gestalt into making her a tough tank and an exalted character mainly for flavor reasons and would like to keep it that way.

So for maneuver selection, I'd like some decent options without any outlandish combos. 2-3 rounds to kill a Pit Fiend would be about right.

Darrin
2013-01-07, 11:20 PM
Here's the sheet so far: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=494563
Basically, I put just about everything in the gestalt into making her a tough tank and an exalted character mainly for flavor reasons and would like to keep it that way.

SoL = Soldier of Light, from Deities & Demigods?

Level 18... is that a typo? Gestalt = 19 class levels // 6 outsider HD + 76 LA + 3 LA (half-dragon) + 2 (saint) = 1918.

Ok, so your attack progression is falchion (iteratives) / bite (secondary)? Might I suggest making your Ancestral Relic a Necklace of Natural Weapons (Savage Species), then you could do:

unarmed strike (iteratives) / claw (secondary) / claw (secondary) / bite (secondary)

Switching your discipline focus to Tiger Claw would then get Weapon Focus on your unarmed strike and claw attacks.

Maneuvers... I'm not sure how to calculate your IL with gestalt, but assuming only one half of your build counts towards your IL:

SS1 (IL1): Burning Blade, Mighty Throw, Shadow Blade Technique, Charging Minotaur, Wolf Fang Strike, Sudden Leap, Hunter's Sense (Stance)
SS2 (IL2): Counter Charge, Island of Blades
SS3 (IL3): Mountain Hammer
SS4 (IL4): Cloak of Deception, Emerald Razor (replace Counter Charge)
SS5 (IL5): Zephyr Dance, Pearl of Black Doubt (Stance)
SS6 (IL6): Shadow Garrote, Devastating Throw (replace Mighty Throw)
SS7 (IL7): Bonesplitting Strike
SS8 (IL8): Death From Above, Comet Throw (replace Devastating Throw)
SS9 (IL9): Pouncing Charge, Hearing the Air (Stance)
SS10 (IL10): Dancing Mongoose, Shadow Stride (replace Shadow Garrote)
SS11 (IL11): Shadow Noose

MoN1 (IL13.5): Leading the Attack, White Raven Tactics
MoN2 (IL14.5): Iron Heart Surge, Punishing Stance
MoN3 (IL15.5): Raging Mongoose, Clarion Call
MoN4 (IL16.5): White Raven Hammer, Stance of Alacrity
MoN5 (IL17.5): Time Stands Still, Mountain Tombstone Strike

Note: You aren't maximizing ranks in Concentration, Jump, or Tumble, so that limits your maneuver selection somewhat.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-01-08, 04:32 AM
I haven't done skills yet - have been waiting to decide on maneuvers.
I'm pretty sure succubus is +6 LA (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/demon.htm#succubus) so she is indeed Level 18.

Also, thanks for the suggestions. Is it worth it to get Strike of Righteous Vitality for her?

Darrin
2013-01-08, 11:11 AM
I haven't done skills yet - have been waiting to decide on maneuvers.

Try to max out Concentration (for Diamond Mind strikes), Jump (for Tiger Claw strikes), and Tumble (for Flame's Blessing and just all-around usefulness). I would have recommended a lot of different maneuvers if you'd had the proper skill ranks to get the most out of them.

I'm pretty sure succubus is +6 LA (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/demon.htm#succubus) so she is indeed Level 18.

Yes, you're right, I got CR and LA confused. However, you may want to count your class levels again, I counted 19. (Although if your DM allows the Unarmed Swordsage variant, you can probably skip the monk level.)

Ask your DM how he wants to calculate the IL from both halves of the gestalt. That 6 outsider HD might count as +3.0 towards your IL, which would again change what sort of maneuvers I would recommend.

Is it worth it to get Strike of Righteous Vitality for her?

Yes, but for some reason when I got into your MoN levels, I felt like grabbing White Raven Tactics and Iron Heart Surge, then working towards White Raven Hammer (hit = 1 round of stun, no save). White Raven Tactics and Iron Heart Surge can be controversial, so make sure you clear it with the DM on how these two should work. If you want Strike of Righteous Vitality, try:

MoN3 (IL15.5): Raging Mongoose, Shield Block
MoN4 (IL16.5): Rallying Strike, Immortal Fortitude (Stance)
MoN5 (IL17.5): Time Stands Still, Strike of Righteous Vitality