PDA

View Full Version : [Pf] Using Party Members as Weapons

Amburst
2013-01-07, 11:37 PM
In the game I am currently in, I am playing a half-orc magus that has a tendency for throwing our kitsune.

Is there a way to user her as a weapon, and thus use my arcana pool to make her a magical weapon. (I wouldn't be doing this on my current character, but i might do it on a future character or for some npcs in one of my games.)

Doorhandle
2013-01-08, 01:48 AM
Body bludgeon, but alas it is a level 10 barbarian rage-power and thus off-limits to you.

I don't think their is any other RAW way to do it though.

Amburst
2013-01-08, 08:01 AM
Body bludgeon, but alas it is a level 10 barbarian rage-power and thus off-limits to you.

Ok, thanks.

Guizonde
2013-01-08, 01:25 PM

to get around this, my dm came up with an ingenious way of pulling off "adequate" improvised damage:

i'll use my party's halfling monk for the stats:
height of "weapon": 40in
weight: he wrote "feather", it's counted as being 27kg, so go with 60lbs

if you're hitting something with him, you've got a 60lbs shortsword, so +6 for the damage, with a -6 on your "to hit" roll
if you're throwing him, count him as a large projectile. the range is your strength in ft, hitting for d20+6.

had it been my dwarf (160kg and 1m40 ->320lbs and 4ft2 ) it would be a longsword weighing 320lbs, hitting for +32, but -32 to hit

since this is obviously powerful, whenever we do this the halfling takes identical to damage dealt (-con, armor, whatever). on account of if you punched out a dragon with a halfling, you (probably) broke the halfling too.

this both discourages throwing or improvising party members as weapons, but if you're in such a pinch that this becomes a reasonably good idea, well... at least you can resurrect the weapon.
(it helps that we'd drawn up this plan originally for helping the halfling shimmy up a sheer 30ft wall to anchor a rope for the rest of the party)