PDA

View Full Version : Magus: going from level 9 to 19 in one session - feats and items?

Brock Samson
2013-01-08, 12:23 AM
As our DM is tiring of running the campaign we've been playing for a little while, we're going to be power-leveling and fast-forwarding the game.

In effect - I'll be going from level 9 to 19, to be shortly followed by a likely giant boss-fight with a very high level Cleric, Anti-paladin, Witch, Figher (Archer), and a couple other enemies.

Our group is a Paladin (shield and sword), Sorcerer (human dual arcanas - void and something - he gets cold and electricity stuff), a Goblin Alchemist, and myself, a Magus.

So: I'm thinking Ring of Evasion/Freedom of Movement. High save bonues. Some AC boosting items to keep it relevant (I'm sure at least a few enemies will have True Seeing up), and a Rod of Absorption.

What are some other ideas for good defensive items? Any other specific ways to prepare for whatever I might encounter?

Also - is there any item that gives you essentially the Inquisitor's Stalwart ability? (Evasion but for Fort and Will saves - 3.5's Mettle ability).

And if not how much would putting Mettle onto an itme likely cost? Do you think as much as a Ring of Evasion? Or twice as much since it covers two saves?