PDA

View Full Version : Help with my warforged (very new player)

Swaoeaeieu
2013-01-08, 04:15 AM
Hi guys!
I just became a member of the playground. i started playing D&D half a year and 10-ish sessions ago and needed a forum to talk about it. This seems to be the best one :)

So here it is: I started a warforged fighter and i am looking foor cool ideas for what to do with him. Last session we pooled our gold together and gave him a bag of holding in his chest.

question 1) I read somewhere on this forum a idea to build a rod of ropes into a warforged arm and instead of shooting a grapling hook, you could fire the hand. Is that possible (rules wise) and how much would this cost?

question 2) Do you guys have some fun things i could do with my 'forged body?

[edit] question 3) 4e has (imo) an awsome component: the shoulderbow. What crafting and/or enchantments could i use to homebrew it into 3.5?

Thanks a bunch!

andromax
2013-01-08, 04:25 AM
Warforged Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/23179085/Strength_of_Steel:_A_Warforged_Handbook).

Also, welcome to D&D - you have much to read. :)

Juntao112
2013-01-08, 04:33 AM
You should consider becoming a Juggernaut (https://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ex/20090601).

Swaoeaeieu
2013-01-08, 04:53 AM
Warforged Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/23179085/Strength_of_Steel:_A_Warforged_Handbook).

I think that is a 4e handbook... We play 3.5. but thanks, there are some ideas in there!

You should consider becoming a Juggernaut.

I actually already planned on becoming one, free armor spikes :smallcool:

Anymore cool ideas to alter the body of a warforged?

andromax
2013-01-08, 06:06 AM
whoops my bad

Chaos018
2013-01-08, 07:32 AM
what level are you starting? does your DM in question allow a flaw to gain a feat (as 2 of mine does, max flaws of 2)? what books do you have access to?

granted, I like 3.5 myself and, though it is caster edition, I have always thought about playing a juggernaut and ruin people with this, lol. can't find the book in my compu but I would've thought that the warblade from tome of battle was a better choice than a standard fighter.

docnessuno
2013-01-08, 11:42 AM
I would strongly suggest to be a dungeoncrasher fighter (a class variant you can find in Dungeonscape). The variant gives up your 2nd level and 6th level warrior bonus feats in exchange for some pretty good damage when you bull rush people into walls/obstacles. It also meshes very well with the warforged juggernauth PRC (wich, despite the 4e link, is also a 3.5 PRC and can be found into th Eberron campaign setting book).

Here's a good build. It's probably not the best possible but should be easy enought to play for a newcomer and should give you enought options in combat to keep it interesting.

1 - Fighter 1: Adamantine body [ECS], Power attack [PHB]
2 - Fighter 2: Exchange fighter bonus feat for dungeoncrasher variant
3 - Fighter 3: Improved bull rush [PHB]
4 - Fighter 4: Driving Attack [PHB2]
5 - Fighter 5:
6 - Fighter 6: Shock trooper [CW], exchange fighter bonus feat for dungeoncrasher variant
7 - WF Jug. 1:
8 - WF Jug. 2:
9 - WF Jug. 3: Open feat
10 - WF Jug. 4:
11 - WF Jug. 5:

Juntao112
2013-01-08, 01:38 PM
Anymore cool ideas to alter the body of a warforged?
Decanter of Endless Water - fire hose
Horn of Fog - smokescreen

Swaoeaeieu
2013-01-09, 05:27 AM
Here's a good build. It's probably not the best possible but should be easy enought to play for a newcomer and should give you enought options in combat to keep it interesting.

1 - Fighter 1: Adamantine body [ECS], Power attack [PHB]
2 - Fighter 2: Exchange fighter bonus feat for dungeoncrasher variant
3 - Fighter 3: Improved bull rush [PHB]
4 - Fighter 4: Driving Attack [PHB2]
5 - Fighter 5:
6 - Fighter 6: Shock trooper [CW], exchange fighter bonus feat for dungeoncrasher variant
7 - WF Jug. 1:
8 - WF Jug. 2:
9 - WF Jug. 3: Open feat
10 - WF Jug. 4:
11 - WF Jug. 5:

We are allowed using every book for 3.5 with the gentlemen's rule of: we are all first timers, so really difficult stuff isn't encouraged. So i think dungeoncrasher is fine. I really like the idea, but we are already lvl 2 so i'll have to check with the DM if i can change it. Or maybe take the dungeoncrash feat at lvl 3?

Decanter of Endless Water - fire hose
Horn of Fog - smokescreen

I like the fire hose! but how much use will it see?

docnessuno
2013-01-09, 06:15 AM
We are allowed using every book for 3.5 with the gentlemen's rule of: we are all first timers, so really difficult stuff isn't encouraged. So i think dungeoncrasher is fine. I really like the idea, but we are already lvl 2 so i'll have to check with the DM if i can change it. Or maybe take the dungeoncrash feat at lvl 3?

That feature must be taken at fighter level 2 and 6, but, as a DM, i would surely let you slightly alter your build (considering you are a newcomer).