PDA

View Full Version : Gear up my villains!

AlanBruce
2013-01-08, 04:29 AM
Shadows of the Past players, please shy away from this post.

Greetings! I usually do not bother the forums with these requests, but I would like to optimize a very unoptimized NPC party that may probably fight my PCs. This is the NPC party:

Ilumian warmage3/rainbow servant10

Ogre mage cleric 6

dwarf spellthief 2/ paladin 2/ paragon 3/pious templar 1/ occult slayer 5

Note: although some of the classes are "good" classes, I am hand waiving the requirements, in order for them to fit in their back story.

The party has the following make-up:

Human Spellthief 13

Human Magus 13

Human multi prestige cleric 13 (RSoP, Inquisitor, Contemplative)

Dwarven Duskblade 12, going into Rainbow Servant

The idea is for the NPCs to get creamed, given the party make up. Ideally, they will try and ambush each PC alone, but that is unlikely, unless the PCs decide to take a walk on their own. As can be seen by the party make-up, they are all casters. So the dwarf NPC may get some bonuses against them, but ideally, an ambush sounds like a better plan.

What should this terrible trio use against our heroes. I am giving them WBL according to the DMG, fit for PCs (that way, there is more loot for the PCs to, well, loot.) However, I would like to make this an interesting and lengthy battle (as in, more than 1 round.) The idea is for these "assassins" to catch them alone. Unfair,? Yes, but the PCs are highly optimized- teleport, DMM, ring of blinking, dwarf tripper. They should do fine against these guys. I have the spells down for the caster NPCs, as well as feats for all of them, but when it comes down to equipment, I am sadly lacking.

Any advice to make these guys dangerous but beatable? As well as memorable?

Thank you very much in advance.