PDA

View Full Version : Red vs. Blue

Dire Penguin
2006-11-02, 06:03 PM
This has to be one of my favorite animations. This is a series of at least 5 seasons (more being made) of Halo animation. These guys recorded origonal Halo1 footage, and added their own soundtrack. I do admit this has quite a bit of vulgar language, but its definetly worth watching a little bit. (Wuality on these videos are bad on the computer. The DVD's from the site are much better. For better wuality, shrink web browser.)
Red Vs. Blue Season 1 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5603805953315746797&q=red+vs+blue+1)

Humour of these things include the sequence when Sarge brings out the new car: the "Warthog"

"May I introduce our new light recon vehicle! It has four inch armor plating, mad buffer suspenson, a mounted machine gun position, and...total seating for three!Gentelmen...This is the M-12-L-R-V! I like to call it the warthog."
"why a warthog sir?"
"Because M-12-L-R-V is too hard to say in conversation son..."
"No, but why 'warthog'? I mean, it doesn't exactly look like a pig."
"Say that again?"
"I think it looks morel ike a Puma."
"What in Sam-Hell is a Puma?"
"un, you mean like the shoe comany?"
"No...I mean like a puma....a big cat...you know, like a lion!"
"you're making that up."
"I'm telling you...its a real animal!"
"Simmons...I want you to poison Griff's next meal!"
"Yes Sir!"

just watch it for yourself!

tyr
2006-11-02, 08:41 PM
Red vs. Blue is awesome. It just started season 5, by the way.

Don Beegles
2006-11-02, 08:58 PM
My friends watched RvB for quite a while, but I never saw beyond teh DVD of the first season, but I do love what I've seen.

"But we've tested it."
"We threw rocks through it. And they came out all covered in black stuff."
"Oh, so that's it. YOu're afraid of a little black stuff."

"Oh. My. God. The teleporter must have taken me back in time."

Flabbicus
2006-11-02, 09:28 PM
Got tired of it after my former friends were quoting stuff from 3 seasons ago.

And none of them could watch it on there own computers. I do check the site every once in a while though.

Lykan
2006-11-02, 09:35 PM
Hehe... Red v. Blue is awesome...

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scrapping will remove the black part.

Grim Greyscale
2006-11-03, 02:25 AM
And, from this weeks, "Do you mind if I record everything you'll say? From just that one statement you've made all my jokes 45% more insulting. :D

Om
2006-11-03, 07:41 AM
RvB is great. I'v watched season 1 & 2 but haven't been able to find 3 online yet.

Alex Star
2006-11-03, 12:06 PM
Thats right Caboose... I'm a gay robot...

Captain van der Decken
2006-11-04, 05:53 PM
Om, just type red vs blue 3 into google video.

I love this show!
I can't thank you enough for showing me it.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-11-05, 06:28 AM
It's not pink, it's light red!

There's already a name for that, pink.

Hehe, it is hilarious.

The Evil Thing
2006-11-05, 10:50 AM
Yes, RvB is sheer brilliance. It's amazing how it's become such a powerful internet force considering the rather simple idea behind its execution. I guess it shows what good writing can do for you.

That and Sarge. Hullum is a superb voice actor.

Zaggab
2006-11-06, 12:25 PM
I used to follow it before, but I lost my interest in it during season 4 for some reason, so I haven't been on their site for quite a while now.
I think the reason that I lost interest in it was because it was getting worse. The first seasons are very funny, buy the farther you go, the less you laugh.

Logic
2006-11-10, 06:46 AM
They were slowly editing out the profanity because parents saw the show based on a game their children played, and became angry with the language.

Webshow, based on a MATURE Rated Game, should also be MATURE.
Lack of Mature Humor=Less Funny

Goes back to my old argument that parents need to stop letting television and videogames babysit their children and pay attention to them.