PDA

View Full Version : Best Arcane Dilettante spells per level

Pandyman
2013-01-08, 06:27 PM
I'm currently level 5 and I couldn't find any threads suggesting what kinda spells I should pick up for Arcane Dilettante at lower levels. I was thinking nerveskitter might be cool, but the once per day completely reduces the use of that. I already have a hat of disguise and assume quirk, so disguise wouldn't be much help. I'm not a high enough level for Polymorph, so any suggestions for level 0-3 spells.

I'm also using the Haberdash build by Personman with Knowledge devotion, and I plan on picking up jack of all trades when i hit level 6.

Edge of Dreams
2013-01-08, 06:38 PM
Haste is a great party buff.

Suggestion can help you deal with roleplay encounters.

Fly is a nice utility spell if you don't have items/other casters to do the same thing.

Major Image lets you pull of all kinds of illusion shenanigans.

JeminiZero
2013-01-08, 08:49 PM
Who else is in your party? Haste is excellent but you only need one party member with it. I also like Heart of Water for water breath and swift Freedom of Movement.

hierophant
2013-01-08, 08:56 PM
My favourites (probably not the best) include Invisibility, Shatter, Alter Self, Suggestion and Jump.
It's probably worth looking up a Sorceror/Wizard/Bard handbook for spell recommendations.
Are you primarily interested in combat (offensive or defensive) or utility, or a mix?

Pandyman
2013-01-08, 09:03 PM
Who else is in your party? Haste is excellent but you only need one party member with it. I also like Heart of Water for water breath and swift Freedom of Movement.

If i remember correctly, my group has about 10 people. All I can remember is that we have a fighter, Beguiler, Paladin, Cleric, Wizard, plus me as a factotum; there are obviously 4 more, but I haven't played with those four yet. The cleric plans on covering buffing and the wizard plans on specializing in crowd control. We still play as long as we have 4 players and the DM; so, with the party switching each time we play, the spells the party may need from me can change from day to day.

Edit: I'm mainly a skill monkey until i gain my 6th level though. After that I'm going to be combat utility, since I'll be proficient with all martial/exotic weapons. Also, I'll be getting a nice bonus on my attacks and damage from knowledge devotion.