PDA

View Full Version : Spell creation

sambouchah
2013-01-08, 07:15 PM
Does anyone have a spell that they have created(arcane or divine) and would like to share? I haven't created a spell before and need some inspiration and want to know what you have done.

Thanks, Sam

Chilingsworth
2013-01-08, 07:29 PM
Well, I never got to use this (niether of my DMs like to deal with custom spell creation:smallsigh:, also the name is just a placeholder) but I think it might be fair:

Chilingsworth's Armor Up

Conjuration (Creation)
Sor/Wiz 5
Components: S,V,M
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Range: Medium (100 ft + 10ft/level)
Target: 1 creature not wearing armor
Effect: one suit of masterwork fullplate
Duration: 10 minutes/level
Save: Reflex Partial (See Text)
Spell Resistance: No

The scrap of steel in your hand is consumed as you cast this spell, as a set of finely crafted fullplate forms around your chosen beneficiary... or victim.

When you cast this spell, you cause a complete set of masterwork fullplate to form around its target. If the target does not wish to recieve the fullplate, he or she may attempt a reflex save. If this save suceeds, the fullplate still forms, but lands on their foot instead, dealing 1d6 damage and causing them to move at half speed until they receive a DC 15 heal check or an amount of magical healing equal to the damage dealt.

This spell is often used to hamper enemy arcane casters, but may be used to aid a warrior ally.

Material Component: A scrap of steel from a sundered set of fullplate.

docnessuno
2013-01-08, 07:34 PM
Aura transferance
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 7, Artificer 4
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 hour
Range: Touch
Target: Two touched items
Duration: Istantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (object)
Spell Resistance: Yes (object)

With this spell / infusion the caster can transfer the magical properties of one magical item over another suitable magical or mundane item.
The first item touched is consumed by the spell, and the second one acquires all the magical properties of the first, if they are appropriate for the item in question. Duplicate magical features are lost, and if both item possessed a scalable bonus (such as an enhancement bonus) only the highest one of each type is retained.
If the final item created has a market value greater then the sum of its component items the spell requires a material component.

Material component:
Item creation raw materials worth at least the difference between the market values of the final item and the values of the component items.

Phelix-Mu
2013-01-08, 09:36 PM
Never statted it up for 3.x, but I made a spell back in 2e called gummyhands, a low level spell that creates a mass of sticky, gum-like material around the hands of the target. Great for anti-spellcaster, but could also be very effective against archers and other ranged combat classes.

Would be difficult to balance for 3.x.

LTwerewolf
2013-01-08, 09:45 PM
Life Draw
Necromancy
Level: Sor/Wiz 4, Dread Necromancer 3
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard Action
Range: Close
Target: Living Creature or Undead
Duration: Istantaneous
Saving Throw: Will (half)
Spell Resistance: Yes

Deals 1d4 points of damage per caster level (max 15d4) to any living creature and heals you for an equal amount. If cast on an undead creature, this spell does 1d4 damage per caster level to you and the undead receives the healing.