PDA

View Full Version : Constant Lion's Charge

Larkas
2013-01-08, 09:02 PM
So, I've seen it thrown around that it is possible to make an item with constant Lion's Charge or Psionic Lion's Charge. Where can I find rules for that?

Flickerdart
2013-01-08, 09:03 PM
Custom item guidelines (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm).

Psyren
2013-01-08, 09:17 PM
Note also that the power is instantaneous. This was a blatant oversight but, by strictest RAW, you can manifest it once and gain pounce for life.

Larkas
2013-01-08, 09:20 PM
... I must've seriously fumbled my reading check. I did look through that moments before posting this and missed it completely! :smalleek:

So, continuous items of Lion's Charge and a Psionic Lion's Charge would cost 16,000 gp, right? Neat! Do they have to occupy a slot?

Flickerdart
2013-01-08, 09:22 PM
... I must've seriously fumbled my reading check. I did look through that moments before posting this and missed it completely! :smalleek:

So, continuous items of Lion's Charge and a Psionic Lion's Charge would cost 16,000 gp, right? Neat! Do they have to occupy a slot?
Yes, but you can pay double to make it slotless.

Note that these are guidelines. The DM is the ultimate arbiter of the price and is advised to price it based on effect rather than on the spell or power used in its creation. The common example is a sword of use-activated true strike - one would think it would be cheap due to true strike being a level 1 spell, but since it gives a +20 bonus to attack rolls, it should be evaluated with that in mind and is a very, very Epic item if it exists at all.

Larkas
2013-01-08, 09:24 PM
Hmmmm, indeed. This was mostly asked from a DM's perspective, though, so hopefully I can balance stuff better with that in mind. Thanks for the help, Flickerdart!

Note also that the power is instantaneous. This was a blatant oversight but, by strictest RAW, you can manifest it once and gain pounce for life.

Huh. You're right! It must be the first time ever that I saw a spell better written than an equivalent power! :smalleek:

Flickerdart
2013-01-08, 09:26 PM
Huh. You're right! It must be the first time ever that I saw a spell better written than an equivalent power! :smalleek:
That's not all! By strict RAW, Psionic Lion's Charge allows you to charge (and make the regular attack you are entitled to) and then make a full attack after that.

It's...not a very well written power.

kardar233
2013-01-08, 09:29 PM
That's not all! By strict RAW, Psionic Lion's Charge allows you to charge (and make the regular attack you are entitled to) and then make a full attack after that.

Also by RAW, Psionic Lion's Charge gives exponential damage benefits for each point invested in augmentation.

It is an extremely badly written power.

Larkas
2013-01-08, 09:33 PM

Indeed! I noticed that too, though I thought that was simply poor wording, not a real writing error! :smallconfused:

Okay, I missed a few important notes in the guidelines. Let's say you want an armband (i.e.: slotless) of continuous lion's charge. The base price is 2x4x2,000x4x2=128,000 gp!!! Okay, I think that is an item we would rather have occupying a slot! :smalleek: