PDA

View Full Version : Would you all like a list of SPC for wu jen?

silverwolfer
2013-01-08, 09:45 PM
Just seeing interest before I spend half a day doing it on my weekend

Would you all like to see a list of wu jen friendly spells from SPC made up?

HunterOfJello
2013-01-08, 09:48 PM
Absolutely.

The Viscount
2013-01-10, 12:05 AM
What do you mean by wu jen friendly?

Tr011
2013-01-10, 05:02 AM
You mean a list of spells outside of CArc, DraMag, CM and WoL? Would be really useful, especially with book and page of each spell.

Psyren
2013-01-10, 10:59 AM
What do you mean by wu jen friendly?

I assume he's referring to the following passage from Spell Compendium:

Wu Jen (Complete Arcane): Add spells with element (except air), wood, and metal themes.

He would then go through SpC looking for spells like that. For instance, Bands of Steel and Body of War could be Metal spells for a Wu Jen.

Pandiano
2013-01-10, 12:19 PM
Such a work will surely be much appreciated, good Sir!

Larkas
2013-01-10, 12:24 PM
That would be simply awesome!

Answerer
2013-01-10, 12:31 PM
That'd be really cool. If you have the interest, going through it for other casters with their own lists would also be nice. Spell Compendium cautions against adding too many spells to the Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, and Warmage, but considering the enormous benefits of the book to, say, Clerics and Wizards... I think they could get a few. The Warmage, in particular.

Larkas
2013-01-10, 12:37 PM
That'd be really cool. If you have the interest, going through it for other casters with their own lists would also be nice. Spell Compendium cautions against adding too many spells to the Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, and Warmage, but considering the enormous benefits of the book to, say, Clerics and Wizards... I think they could get a few. The Warmage, in particular.

I would also mention the Healer, if it wouldn't for this wonderful piece of homebrew (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133118).

silverwolfer
2013-01-10, 01:27 PM
uhg, I don't have THAT much time guys lol

Joshinthemosh
2013-01-10, 01:31 PM
Pretty pretty pretty pretty please yes. Wu Jen is the class I have always wanted to play but the spell list is truly a detriment. Also will there be thoughts and/or rulings on basic spells that they don't get(I'm looking at you Mage Armor and Shield)

Psyren
2013-01-10, 01:33 PM
Pretty pretty pretty pretty please yes. Wu Jen is the class I have always wanted to play but the spell list is truly a detriment. Also will there be thoughts and/or rulings on basic spells that they don't get(I'm looking at you Mage Armor and Shield)

I wouldn't call it a "detriment." They get plenty of really nice stuff like Glitterdust, Alter Self, Polymorph, even the Wishes.

All you can really say about it is that they're worse than the Wizard list - they still come out ahead of most casters in the game.

Starbuck_II
2013-01-10, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't call it a "detriment." They get plenty of really nice stuff like Glitterdust, Alter Self, Polymorph, even the Wishes.

All you can really say about it is that they're worse than the Wizard list - they still come out ahead of most casters in the game.

They get their own Barkskin type spell (allowing them to create Amulet of NA), they have a save or suck Snake Darts (well, suck can lead to death as it is a Con poison thus hitting four times: twice then one minute later twice), and other stuff.

I did have an issue that my DM made me asian (and thus get social problems), but that is more DM that the class.

Palanan
2013-01-11, 04:49 PM
Count me as someone else who would really appreciate a list of wu jen spells from Spell Compendium.

silverwolfer
2013-01-11, 05:36 PM
Alrgiht I will do it this sat and sunday, I have some javascript homework have to do first

Palanan
2013-01-16, 11:09 PM
So, any progress this weekend?

Inquiring wu jen would like to know.