PDA

View Full Version : Metamagic and wands?

Deca4531
2013-01-08, 11:05 PM
i have been looking around but i cant seem to find the info im looking for. i want to know if:

A) can you craft a wand containing a spell augmented by a Metamagic feat

B) could Divine Metamagic be used in the creation of a wand that well augmented by a Metamagic feat.

C) Assuming there is info on A but not B, is there any ruling that would prevent B from working?

Jeraa
2013-01-08, 11:19 PM
A) Yes. The DMG actually lists several. The ones with metamagic feats are all Heightened, but if you can apply that feat, no reason you couldn't apply the other metamagic feats. (The same also applies to staffs.)

B) I have no idea.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-01-08, 11:20 PM
i have been looking around but i cant seem to find the info im looking for. i want to know if:

A) can you craft a wand containing a spell augmented by a Metamagic feat

B) could Divine Metamagic be used in the creation of a wand that well augmented by a Metamagic feat.

C) Assuming there is info on A but not B, is there any ruling that would prevent B from working?

I don't believe so.

However, if psionics is on the table, you can create dorjes with metapsionic'd powers contained within them.

Flickerdart
2013-01-08, 11:21 PM
Divine Meta requires an extra action to use, which you can't put in a wand, so you can't.

Deca4531
2013-01-08, 11:28 PM
Divine Meta requires an extra action to use, which you can't put in a wand, so you can't.
yes but when you prepare the spell it would already be augmented with BOTH metamagic feats, so the prepared spell would already be augmented as its being placed in the wand. i just read over the description of crafting wands in the DMG, it gives no info on metamagic.

Flickerdart
2013-01-08, 11:29 PM
it takes days to craft a wand so i would think you would have time to "take an action" also it says nothing in the crafting description that you can do nothing else while crafting a wand so i see no reason who you couldnt use DMM during the process. i just read over the description of crafting wands in the DMG, it gives no info on metamagic.
You can take the action, yes, but you can't put that action in the wand, so it doesn't matter.