PDA

View Full Version : Mundane ways to boost Attck Bonus/Trip/Disarm?

Kerilstrasz
2013-01-09, 10:03 AM
Im looking for ways to increase Attack Bonus except from the obvious following:
MW or Magic weapons, Wpn Focus...
Should be a mundane way, prolly a feat or smthing, and fairly low lvl...
Im going to use the suggestions on a fighter 2-6 lvl...
All books available (3 & 3,5), no magazines, homebrew or PF...
Plz avoid any kind of class dipping etc etc..

The fighter is currently lvl2..
Str16 Dex15 Con12 Int13 Wis12 Cha10 (Human)
Feats: TWF, C.Expertise, Impr.Trip, EWP-Kusari Gama (DMG)

Also, id like some suggestions about feats or tricks that boost/help my trip/disarm
attempts, apart from the obvious Impr.Trip/Disarm

Plz provide page and books for your suggestions.

Thnx all

Edit: PS: It's obviously the above fighter goin to be a tripper/dissarmer...
any Pr.C. comes into mind, that will boost his abilities???

Kerilstrasz
2013-01-10, 05:50 AM
Really? Nothing?

Gwendol
2013-01-10, 07:09 AM
Play a knight instead. Bulwark of defence is better than a few extra feats. Or crusader if ToB is on the table.

The knight gets a fighting challenge: +1 to attack and damage early on. Use a spiked chain for disarming (+2 on the roll), and do that out of reach to avoid the AoO.

Darius Kane
2013-01-10, 07:55 AM
Aid Another.

Lonely Tylenol
2013-01-10, 08:04 AM
Battle Jump lets you trip or grapple as if you were one size category larger, provided you fulfill the prerequisites (which involve jumping down on somebody from at least 5 feet above them).

Togo
2013-01-10, 01:41 PM
dip a level or two of marshal, from the minature's handbook. That allows you to add your chr bonus to str checks. Trip is a strength check. So is bull rush. The second level give you +1 to hit, which includes disarm, but all that does is repay the lost BAB from taking marshal in the first place.

Enlarge, from a potion, belt scroll or friendly caster, increases your str by +2 and increases your size one level. Increasing size give +4 to trip and grapple.

Divine crusader from the Complete warrior gives you a single domain. The competitition domain gives you +1 to opposed rolls, which includes trip, disarm, bullrush, overrun and (opposed) grapple checks, as well as spells that increase your strength, BAB and size.

Then there are the tactical feats from complete warrior, that help boost bull rush and trip.

Certain weapons (PHB) give you bonuses on trip attacks.

Juntao112
2013-01-10, 01:45 PM
dip a level or two of marshal, from the minature's handbook. That allows you to add your chr bonus to str checks. Trip is a strength check. So is bull rush. The second level give you +1 to hit, which includes disarm, but all that does is repay the lost BAB from taking marshal
Slight problem.

Plz avoid any kind of class dipping etc etc..

The fighter is currently lvl2..

Curmudgeon
2013-01-10, 02:49 PM
Im looking for ways to increase Attack Bonus ...
Your AB is low because of the TWF penalty. Switching to a single spiked chain instead of dual kusari-gamas will give you a boost to AB by removing that penalty.

Also, id like some suggestions about feats or tricks that boost/help my trip/disarm
Knock-Down (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#knockDown) will give you more trip attempts if you hit well (10+ points of damage per single attack). Switching to a single spiked chain instead of dual kusari-gamas will help in that respect, too: more damage per attack (+1.5 on average). You could also take Power Attack and get the two-handed weapon PA damage multiplier.

Kerilstrasz
2013-01-10, 02:54 PM
ok.. let me share what i found till now...

VEXING FLANKER
Prerequisite: Combat Reflexes.
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus on your attack rolls when flanking.

EXPERT TACTICIAN
Prerequisites: Dex 13, Combat Reflexes, base attack bonus +2.
Benefit: If you hit a creature with an attack of opportunity, you and all your allies gain a +2 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls and damage rolls against that creature for 1 round.

HEROIC DESTINY
Prerequisite: Human or half-human.
Benefit: Once per day, before you make an attack roll, ability check, skill check, saving throw, or caster level check, you may roll 1d6 and add it as a bonus on the roll, check, or save.

i found the last a bit away from what im looking for... im not fond of 1/day feats...

and since 1st and 2nd require combat reflexes...

Deft Opportunist
Prerequisites: Dex 15, Combat Reflexes.
Benefit: You get a +4 bonus on attack rolls when making attacks of opportunity.

and maybe

HOLD THE LINE
Prerequisites: Combat Refl exes, base attack bonus +2.
Benefit: You may make an attack of opportunity against a charging opponent who enters an area you threaten. Your attack of opportunity happens immediately before the charge attack is resolved.
Normal: You only get an attack of opportunity against a character that exits a square you threaten.

anything else comes to any1 mind?

Edit:

Your AB is low because of the TWF penalty. Switching to a single spiked chain instead of dual kusari-gamas will give you a boost to AB by removing that penalty.

yes i know.. i m willing though to "lose" those +2 to AB to get 2 trips or a trip and a hit
attempt each round... i m considering to get early impr.Disarm..
so i ll keep 1 kusari (prolly the offhand) in a locked gauntlet... and do the trips &
disarm with the "correct" hand when i need it...
anyways.. lets see what we can do from now on, since phb2 retraining rules are
off limits for this campaign :)

Bakkan
2013-01-10, 02:55 PM
Depending on what exactly you mean by "mundane", the Shape Soulmeld (Mauling Gauntlets) feat from Magic of Incarnum will give you a +2 bonus on all Strength checks, including trip and bull rush. If you're able to change your race and willing to play an Azurin, you can invest a point of essentia to increasae the bonus to +4. Alternatively, you can wait until level 6 to get the Bonus Essentia feat to get two essentia to invest, resulting in a total bonus of +6.

Note that the Shape Soulmeld feat requires Con 13, so you'll need to do some stat adjustment if you want to follow this route.

Darth Stabber
2013-01-10, 03:11 PM
Depending on what exactly you mean by "mundane", the Shape Soulmeld (Mauling Gauntlets) feat from Magic of Incarnum will give you a +2 bonus on all Strength checks, including trip and bull rush. If you're able to change your race and willing to play an Azurin, you can invest a point of essentia to increasae the bonus to +4. Alternatively, you can wait until level 6 to get the Bonus Essentia feat to get two essentia to invest, resulting in a total bonus of +6.

Note that the Shape Soulmeld feat requires Con 13, so you'll need to do some stat adjustment if you want to follow this route.

Bonus essentia only gives 1 if you don't have levels in a meldshaping class. At that point you are better off with literally any other incarnum feat, even if you don't plan on using the ability, at least you have it. Midnight dodge is notable, it gives you one essentia, and counts as dodge for prerequisite purposes.

Grinner
2013-01-10, 03:14 PM
Bonus essentia only gives 1 if you don't have levels in a meldshaping class. At that point you are better off with literally any other incarnum feat, even if you don't plan on using the ability, at least you have it. Midnight dodge is notable, it gives you one essentia, and counts as dodge for prerequisite purposes.

Bonus Essentia only specifies that the character is able to shape soulmelds. The Incarnum feats are a good idea, though.

Darth Stabber
2013-01-10, 03:20 PM
Bonus Essentia only specifies that the character is able to shape soulmelds. The Incarnum feats are a good idea, though.

I just reread it, and you are infact right.