PDA

View Full Version : [PF+3.X] Bunny

Darius Kane
2013-01-09, 06:18 PM
I need stats for a bunny/rabbit. I couldn't find them on PFSRD, so I assume there aren't any. So I'll probably have to re-skin another animal. Any suggestions which to use?

Lonely Tylenol
2013-01-09, 06:23 PM
I'll probably have to re-skin another animal.

:smalleek:

My vote goes for rat, although there are (some) statistics for a hare in the 3.0 book Oriental Adventures (they are in the hengeyokai stat blocks, as their alternate animal forms). I think that's as close as you're going to get otherwise.

Alabenson
2013-01-09, 06:24 PM
They aren't complete, but you can find at least some of the 3.0 stats for a hare via the hengeyokai animal form information in OA.

toapat
2013-01-09, 06:28 PM
the Hare is from a 3.0 Dragon article for alternate familiars,

the full statblock is somewhere on EN World. (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?56587-Rabbit-Familiar)

Lonely Tylenol
2013-01-09, 06:28 PM
Specifically, the stats you would want here (from Oriental Adventures, p. 12):

Hares have a STR of 1, DEX of 19, CON of 10, a bite attack of 1d4-5, are Tiny sized, and have a base move speed of 40 ft. (with a commensurate +4 bonus to jump). There are no mental statistics for a hare (in animal form, they would use the hengeyokai's mental statistics), so for those I would probably use the cat's (2 INT, 12 WIS, 7 CHA).

toapat
2013-01-09, 06:30 PM
Specifically, the stats you would want here (from Oriental Adventures, p. 12):

Hares have a STR of 1, DEX of 19, CON of 10, a bite attack of 1d4-5, are Tiny sized, and have a base move speed of 40 ft. (with a commensurate +4 bonus to jump). There are no mental statistics for a hare (in animal form, they would use the hengeyokai's mental statistics), so for those I would probably use the cat's (2 INT, 12 WIS, 7 CHA).

I linked to an EN-World topic that has the official stats for rabbits

Lonely Tylenol
2013-01-09, 06:34 PM
I linked to an EN-World topic that has the official stats for rabbits

The same minute I posted mine. :smalltongue:

Intriguingly, the statblocks are different. The hare in yours has a higher STR modifier, but a lower speed. They are otherwise quite similar (although I don't understand the skills at all; why would a tiny-sized creature with 18 DEX have a Hide modifier of only +5?).

hamishspence
2013-01-09, 06:38 PM
I think Dragon Magazine's Class Acts articles included rabbit familiars- and gave them cat stats.

Aside maybe from the climbing- it's a reasonable solution- rabbits have pretty nasty claws.

toapat
2013-01-09, 06:46 PM
The same minute I posted mine. :smalltongue:

Intriguingly, the statblocks are different. The hare in yours has a higher STR modifier, but a lower speed. They are otherwise quite similar (although I don't understand the skills at all; why would a tiny-sized creature with 18 DEX have a Hide modifier of only +5?).

It isnt accounting for size, and it is clearly missing a +500 modifier on diplomacy checks.

I also agree with the EN world topic that speed should be 40

nedz
2013-01-09, 08:31 PM
But what about the vorpel teeth — or is that just rabbits of Caerbannog ?

toapat
2013-01-09, 08:34 PM
But what about the vorpel teeth — or is that just rabbits of Caerbannog ?

Their bite attack for all intents and purposes qualifies as a longsword