PDA

View Full Version : D&D Water Campaign Equipment

javijuji
2013-01-09, 09:55 PM
My group and I will be playing a lvl 1 Pirate Campaign this weekend and im having some trouble finishing up with my equipment. Ive read stormwrack and havent found many items of use

This is what I have so far:

Cutlass 15gp
Singray Whip 15p
Oilskin Suit 10gp

+ all the basic adventuring stuff like ropes, chains, 10 foot pole and such. Any thoughts on cheap items or a book where I can find more water campaign equipment?

Slipperychicken
2013-01-09, 11:00 PM
You could check out A&EG, it surely has some useful stuff. Skimming through it, I found:

Quick-Escape Armor: +300gp, allows you to remove armor with a standard action. This will help you not drown. Your armor is a small price to pay for survival. Beware, enemies can activate it too, although with a very high disable device check.

Snorkel: Lets you breathe 1ft underwater. In case you want to stay just below the surface.

Hang Glider: 300gp. Do I need to explain why this is awesome? Also, it doesn't automatically descend by RAW, so you could theoretically fly until your GM starts tossing a PHB at you (IRL flights can go up to 300 miles or more). Get the whole party to have Hang Gliders, so you can board enemy ships from the sky (they're squishy, so be careful). If you're small sized (or have a reasonable DM), upgrade to Ornithopter for 4,000gp and fly forever.

Admittedly, most of this stuff ain't cheap, so you're probably going to have to save up for it.

Bronk
2013-01-10, 05:32 PM
Dragon 318 had a whole section on pirate themed magic items, including all sorts of peg legs and a magic ship in a bottle... lots of good stuff there.

Story
2013-01-10, 06:26 PM
What about the Anchor Token?

Anyway, most of the stuff seems like it'd be rendered obsolete by spells around level 5 or so.

javijuji
2013-01-10, 06:31 PM
Im looking for an eye patch for the whole "change the eye patch to the other eye when you go into the lower part of the ship to have a ****ty version of "low light vision".

Bronk
2013-01-14, 08:09 AM
That would just be a regular, non magical eye patch then.

Kol Korran
2013-01-14, 09:55 AM
not sure how much money you have at 1st level, but in my pirate campaign all characters have float bladders and air plants (from stormwrack) these two are life savers on the high seas

koboldish
2013-01-14, 12:53 PM
A magically animated propellor and a wooden sheild. Wakeboarding anyone?

Toy Killer
2013-01-14, 04:07 PM
http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/actors_films_images/jaws_eating_captain_quint.jpg

You're gonna need a bigger boat!