PDA

View Full Version : Fighting-Man (PF based) (Mundane Base Class)

Clericzilla
2013-01-09, 10:01 PM
Ok so for a while now I have been working on a few different projects trying to bring the fighter and other mundane classes up to par with the tier 2-1 characters.

I have come to realize what mundane fighter types really needs.

-Way to boost themselves to overcome obstacles or to make themselves better.

-Options in and out of battle

-A way to not be dependent on money

-A way to not be dependent on other players (rely on your friends but don't use them as a crutch)

-Be able to take on an appropriate level challenge

-Have some boost to social interactions

I think Pathfinder is on the right direction, however they fell to the same traps that WoTC did when they created 3.5

My idea is to essentially gestalt 2 classes for each type of character "fighting-man", "magic user", "healer", and "skill monkey".

The following is my attempt at the "Fighting-Man" a gestalt of sorts of the PF Barbarian and Fighter (using some archetypes of each) with a dash of rogue in there.

Fighting-Man

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|FBF, Fast Movement, Rage, Bravery

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|FBF, Rage Power, DR 1/-, Uncanny Dodge

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Rage Power, Magic-Resistant, Talent, Trap Sense +1, Armor Training

4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|FBF, DR 2/-

5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Rage Power, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Training

6th|+6/+1|+5|+2|+2|FBF,Talent, DR 3/-, Trapsense +2

7th|+7/+2|+5|+2|+2|Rage Power, Armor Training

8th|+8/+3|+6|+2|+2|FBF, DR 4/-

9th|+9/+4|+6|+3|+3|Rage Power, Talent, Trapsense +3,Weapon Training

10th|+10/+5|+7|+3|+3|FBF, DR 5/-

11th|+11/+6/+1|+7|+3|+3|Rage Power, Armor Training, Greater Rage

12th|+12/+7/+2|+8|+4|+4|FBF, Talent, DR 6/-, Trapsense +4

13th|+13/+8/+3|+8|+4|+4|Rage Power, Weapon Training

14th|+14/+9/+4|+9|+4|+4|FBF, DR 7/-

15th|+15/+10/+5|+9|+5|+5|Rage Power, Talent, Trapsense +5, Armor Training

16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+10|+5|+5|FBF, DR 8/-

17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+10|+5|+5|Rage Power, Weapon Training, Tireless Rage,

18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+11|+6|+6|FBF, Talent, DR 9/-, Trapsense +6

19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+11|+6|+6|Rage Power, Armor Mastery

20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+12|+6|+6|FBF, DR 10 /-, Weapon Mastery, Mighty Rage

[/table]

Bravery

The Fighting-Man is Immune to Fear, this fear immunity can't be overcome in any way unless the Fighting-Man multiclasses into a class that doesn't gain immunity to fear. (Treat this entry as the most specific case when comparing to other class features and new rules.)

Fast Movement

Medium or Light Armor:A Fighting-Man's land speed is faster than the norm for her race by +10 feet.

Heavy Armor: If the Fighting-Man is wearing heavy armor this bonus is reduced to +5 ft.

Rage/Focus

Medium or Light Armor: A Fighting-Man can call upon inner reserves of strength and ferocity, granting him additional combat prowess. Starting at 1st level, a Fighting-Man can rage for a number of rounds per day equal to 4 + her Constitution modifier. At each level after 1st, he can rage for 2 additional rounds. Temporary increases to Constitution, such as those gained from rage and spells like bear's endurance, do not increase the total number of rounds that a Fighting-Man can rage per day. A Fighting-Man can enter rage as a free action. The total number of rounds of rage per day is renewed after resting for 8 hours, although these hours do not need to be consecutive.

While in rage, a Fighting-Man gains a +4 morale bonus to her Strength and Constitution, as well as a +2 morale bonus on Will saves. In addition, he takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class. The increase to Constitution grants the Fighting-Man 2 hit points per Hit Dice, but these disappear when the rage ends and are not lost first like temporary hit points. While in rage, a Fighting-Man cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

A Fighting-Man can end his rage as a free action and is fatigued after rage for a number of rounds equal to 2 times the number of rounds spent in the rage. A Fighting-Man cannot enter a new rage while fatigued or exhausted but can otherwise enter rage multiple times during a single encounter or combat. If a Fighting-Man falls unconscious, her rage immediately ends, placing her in peril of death.

Heavy Armor:When a Fighting-Man rages in heavy armor, instead of making a normal rage he applies a +4 morale bonus to her Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution. This bonus increases to +6 when he gains greater rage and +8 when he gains mighty rage. He may apply the full bonus to one ability score or may split the bonus between several scores in increments of +2. When using a rage in heavy armor the Fighting-Man gains no bonus on Will saves, takes no penalties to AC, and can still use Intelligence-, Dexterity-, and Charisma-based skills. This ability otherwise follows the normal rules for rage and uses turns/day as a Fighting-Man in medium or light armor.

Talent

The Fighting-Man isn't all about combat, he knows that sometimes the battle is won outside the battlefield. At 3rd level and every 3 levels afterward the Fighting man picks up an (Ex) Rogue Talent from the following list.

Camouflage (Ex)
Canny Observer (Ex)
Charmer
Convincing Lie (Ex)
Esoteric Scholar (Ex)
False Friend (Ex)
Fast Stealth (Ex)
Follow Clues (Ex)
Guileful Polyglot (Ex)
Hard to Fool (Ex)
Honeyed Words (Ex)
Ledge Walker (Ex)
Quick Disguise (Ex)
Strong Impression
Strong Stroke (Ex)
Wall Scramble (Ex)

Damage Reduction (DR)

The Fighting-Man gains damage reduction. Subtract the number listed from the damage the Fighting-Man takes each time he is dealt damage from any attack (physical or magical). Damage reduction can reduce damage to 0 but not below 0. This damage reduction stacks with material damage reduction when reducing physical attacks (weapon or natural attacks).

Magic-Resistant:

As susperstitious rage power (this replaces superstitious rage power) except you gain a +3 moral bonus on all saves versus spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural effects. This bonus increases by +1 for every 3 levels of Fighting-Man you obtain.

Armor/Weapon Training
This class feature is the same as Pathfinder Fighter's class features.

Armor/Weapon Mastery
This class feature is the same as Pathfinder Fighter's class features.

NOTE

Not finished yet, I still need to do some editing and such.

This is a work in progress, I will have 3-4 more classes to go along with this.

I will be changing the name of the class, perhaps to Warrior since I like that above "Fighter" or "Soldier".

Clericzilla
2013-01-09, 10:02 PM
Saved for later