PDA

View Full Version : A character portrait

Paperclip
2006-11-02, 11:31 PM
Hi. I want a character portrait drawn in the style of OotS.
Having seen the many avatars and such on these forums, I figured this would be the place to come.
It being a portrait, I would like it in a larger image than an avatar of signature pic.

My character is a Grippli (Dragon 324). A race of humanoid treefrogs of comparable size to a halfling. (no hair btw)

His weapons are a machete, which he weilds with both hands, a bolas, and a composite "longbow" (a humans shortbow which is a longbow to him).

His skin is an icy blue tone, due to an air elemental bloodline, and has big orange eyes with thin line pupils. No other major features.

Anyone willing to do this: thanks ahead of time.

Casualgamer
2006-11-03, 07:21 PM
Wrong thread. Try the "Request an OoTS Style Avatar" thread. Good Luck!

Paperclip
2006-11-03, 11:02 PM
I actually posted it in anew thread due to the slightly different nature of it.

Bryn
2006-11-04, 10:50 AM
You'd still be better off posting it there, that's for all OOTS work.

To avoid this being merely a vigilante-modding post (is it bad enough for that?), I'll have a go at your portrait for you. I don't have the dragon article though, any pictures? Wikipedia offers none.

Next time, though, try to keep art requests to the request thread. :)

What size should the image be? In pixels, not 'larger than an avatar'.

Also, what clothes does he wear, and what colour are they?

Paperclip
2006-11-04, 09:32 PM
Lets see here. Simple clothes (probably cotton and soft leather) with a studded leather curiass. Clothes in basic browns and greens. I do not have any pictures, but I think a picture of a real treefrog should be enough. Just resize the limbs a bit and make the head face forward while the frog stands on two legs.
As for image size, just make it whatever size you want. I can make it work.

Bryn
2006-11-05, 05:23 AM
Well, a quick google search answered the question of what they look like...
(Image spoiler'd to avoid stretching the page)
http://www.mikespencil.com/galleryimages/grippli.jpg
Is yours different from that?

Edit: It is done! How does this look?
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/11/treefrogportraitij2.png

If there is anything you want modified, or any way it doesn't match your imagination, don't hesitate to say, I'll modify it.

Paperclip
2006-11-06, 01:44 AM
Thats actually the same picture from the Dragon article.
As I posted in the other thread, just place the eyes higher on his head, actually protruding a bit over the top, like a real frog.
Other than that its perfect.
And maybe we should stick to one thread.