PDA

View Full Version : A Dark and Stormy Knight 3.5 Premade IC

NotScaryBats
2013-01-10, 12:39 AM
The stone chamber beyond the entrance measures
at least ten paces square. Peeling paint and
broken scrollwork suggest that it was once decorated
with some care, but now only dust remains.
Three massive stone doors—one each to the left
and right, and one directly across from the
entrance—lead deeper into the tor.

All three doors are locked with locks of impressive
complexity; they are beyond your ability to pick or disable.

The sound of hissing rain, pounding hail, and
howling wind from outside is interrupted only by
the occasional loud crack of thunder. Still, this
room seems stable enough for the most part.
Even when the thunder seems to shake the very
ground, not so much as a mote of dust filters
down from the ceiling. The doors leading into
the tor, however, do show signs of weakness,
seeming to tremble with every thunderclap.

Suddenly, in conjunction with a particularly
loud thunderclap, all three doors break open at
once, falling from their doorways into the room
with a great cacophony. Seconds later, the sounds
of squeaking fill the air as a pack of rats swarms
in from the largest doorway.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/genkiloli/DSKRound1_zps1c0b7ea6.jpg
You see the rats to the east, coming down the hallway. It is clear they are panicked and scared -- willing to bite their way through you and your companions. Who is holding a source of light (and what is it?)
Initiative:
Vel (1d20+2)[21]
Rats 5-8 (1d20+2)[18]
Ray (1d20+1)[18]
Jangle (1d20-1)[14]
Anneth (1d20+2)[13]
Rats 1-4 (1d20+2)[12]
Aleyla (1d20+3)[4]

Character with best mod goes last, sounds about right ;)

Apologies for not using cool tokens for you guys. If you have a token you want me to use, just plop it in here and i'll grab it.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-10, 12:41 AM
... and I broke my rolls.
initiative
Rats 1-4 [roll0]
Rats 5-8 [roll1]
Vel [roll2]
Ray [roll3]
Anneth [roll4]
Aleyla [roll5]
Jangle [roll6]

Zman
2013-01-10, 08:28 AM
Vel, a Torch in one hand draws his scimitar as he moves towards the doorway and readies himself to attack the nearest rat.

"Vermin..."

Move to O8 drawing weapon.
Ready attack action.

Magnera
2013-01-10, 10:07 AM
Rolling for maneuvers [roll0] Okay so now I have the stone bones maneuver.
Ray charges forward to the nearest rat and slices at it with his scythe and the might of the stone dragon, putting himself between his comrade's and this new foe. Unlike Val, Ray is holding his scythe and has no torch.

Ray charges to the nearest rat and enters martial spirit stance while using his gained maneuver of Stone Bones. Also, I'm rolling for maneuvers based off what I have on my character sheet. Since stone bones is 4th, then that's what I get!

EDIT:Changing plans to charge instead and altered format.

Magnera
2013-01-10, 11:38 AM
Charge
Hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Magnera
2013-01-10, 12:05 PM
Checking for critical cause I didn't do it in mah last post. [roll0]
[roll1]

Jib
2013-01-10, 04:35 PM
(Fail, will wait my turn)

SCARY WIZARD
2013-01-10, 07:52 PM
"If I didn't have left-overs, you'd be my dinner..."

Eldritch Blast Attack: [roll0]
[ROLL]Eldritch Blast Damage:[/B] [roll1]

Tactical
Moving to K-9, letting an eldritch blast out at whatever rat is within range, and has not yet been targetted.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-11, 12:06 AM
I posted on my lunch break, but apparently the internet ate my post. Grumble.

The tie at 18 goes to the higher mod. In this case, the rats.

Several rats rush the nearest available target, the warrior, Vel. They prepare to bite him. A seasoned combatant, he strikes at them.

Then, Ray charges one and utterly destroys the poor creature.

Anneth moves forward, but is unable to hit the wily, small targets.

The rats spend double moves to get to you, provoking OAs, but unable to attack this turn. They also trigger your readied action.

There are three rats sharing O8 with Vel (Zman)

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/genkiloli/DSKRound2_zps3bdec1a6.jpg

Initiative:
Vel (1d20+2)[21]
Rats 5-8 (1d20+2)[18]
Ray (1d20+1)[18]
Jangle (1d20-1)[14] <--- Active
Anneth (1d20+2)[13]
Rats 1-4 (1d20+2)[12]
Aleyla (1d20+3)[4]

Zman
2013-01-11, 12:30 AM
Vel takes a readied strike at the first rat, followed by a second slash...

Readied
Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

AoO
Attack[roll2]
Damage[roll3]

NotScaryBats
2013-01-11, 12:50 AM
Vel's readied action misses, but as the rats swarm him, he cleaves one in twain.

Two rats remain swarming Vel, and four are in the hallway.

Jib
2013-01-11, 02:32 PM
Jangle starts as the doors fall in, quickly gathering himself and moveing forward to allow him a better vantage of his allies. As he stops he checks around his feet for rocks that he may use in his sling.

Jangle advances to L/9 and searches for bullet sized rocks in his reach.
[roll0]

NotScaryBats
2013-01-11, 03:58 PM
The rats continue their march forward, while Jangle Bimbledock searches for ammunition. Since this chamber has been used by other adventurers, he finds what he is looking for -- a pouch of 5 sling bullets.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/genkiloli/DSKRound3_zps9106e008.jpg

Initiative:
Vel (1d20+2)[21]
Rats 5-8 (1d20+2)[18]
Ray (1d20+1)[18]
Jangle (1d20-1)[14]
Anneth (1d20+2)[13]
Rats 1-4 (1d20+2)[12]
Aleyla (1d20+3)[4] <---- Active

Zman
2013-01-11, 04:11 PM
Vel takes a quick step and swipes at another rat...

5' Step
Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Ole did, I can't even kill rats!

SCARY WIZARD
2013-01-11, 06:42 PM
Anneth hurls another bolt of her bizarre, fey energies at the rats...

Eldritch Blast Damage: [roll1]

Tactical
Remaining in place, firing an eldritch blast at whatever rats are within Point Blank Shot range and not messy ribbons yet.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-12, 07:49 AM
Aleyla, distracted as she was, having been looking around the cavern, was slow to react, but once the rats were through the door she hurried forwards, bow drawn and an arrow knocked. She ran to a clear space where she had a good line of sight to the filthy beasts, and fired an arrow at the small rodents.

Rolls:
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
+ skirmish damage [roll2]

Tactical:
Move to P6, shoot at rats in P9.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-12, 01:18 PM
The rats prove frustratingly elusive, dodging Vel's sword slash and Aleyla's arrow. The two that are concentrating on Vel follow him and bite in.
two rats 5 foot step to you and bite you
[roll0]
[roll1]
on hit, 1 damage

I will update the map when I get the chance tonight, but you can take your actions now if you haven't already. This is the start of round 2.

Magnera
2013-01-12, 08:14 PM
List of Maneuvers
Crusader Strike
Douse the Flames
Leading the attack
Stone Bones
Vangaurd Strike
[roll0]

Roy takes a step to the more recently arrived rats, brings forth his great strength and slices at the rat.

Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit check [roll3]
[roll4]

Jib
2013-01-12, 08:36 PM
Jangle eyes his companions, and seeing no major injuries he loads one of the bullets into his sling and spins it around. The little leather weapon makes a slightly shrill noise before he looses the bullet.

[1d20] Aiming for the Rat in P/9

NotScaryBats
2013-01-12, 11:38 PM
Roy dispatches another rat, leaving five.
The three new rats swarm at him, biting in.

three attacks at Roy
[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]
on hit, 1 damage

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/genkiloli/DSKRound4_zps969ee715.jpg

Initiative:
Vel (1d20+2)[21]
Rats 5-8 (1d20+2)[18]
Ray (1d20+1)[18]
Jangle (1d20-1)[14]
Anneth (1d20+2)[13]
Rats 1-4 (1d20+2)[12]
Aleyla (1d20+3)[4] <---- Active

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-13, 07:48 AM
Aleyla, unwilling to risk her new found companions by firing at the rats beneath their feat, stows her bow and draws her sword instead, ready to head into the melee.

Tactical:
Move action: Draw weapon.

Zman
2013-01-13, 05:17 PM
Vel again takes a step back flicking his scimitar through the air..l

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

NotScaryBats
2013-01-14, 03:33 AM
Aleyla prepares herself for melee as Vel takes out another rat. The sole remaining rat that is focusing on him continues its attack.

There is one rat on Vel, the other three all share the same square
attack on Vel [roll0]
on hit, 1 damage

Magnera
2013-01-14, 09:14 AM
Maneuvers
List of Maneuvers
Crusader Strike
Douse the Flames
Leading the attack
Stone Bones
Vangaurd Strike

Slashing at the rats, Ray's scythe hits where the poor thing was less than moment ago, but not the deft rat its self.
[Roll]Attack (1d20+3)
Damage (2d4+5)
Crit check (1d20+3)
(6d4+15)

Magnera
2013-01-14, 10:04 AM
[roll0] +2 from flanking.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] This is here cause I messed up a bit.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-14, 10:55 PM
The wily rats live on. There are four. One harassing Vel, and three engaging Ray.

Initiative:
Vel (1d20+2)[21]
Rats 5-8 (1d20+2)[18]
Ray (1d20+1)[18]
Jangle (1d20-1)[14] <---- Active
Anneth (1d20+2)[13]
Rats 1-4 (1d20+2)[12]
Aleyla (1d20+3)[4]

Jib
2013-01-15, 02:56 AM
Jesting a bit "You guys should fall and hurt yourselves, these rats don't seem to be up to the job and my Lord has a Quota!"

Jangle winds up the leather weapon again waiting for the tell tale whine, and lets loose another bullet at the rats.

Tagging a rat in N/9 if I can
[roll0] Initial Attack
[roll1] If I need to confirm crit
[roll2] If contact is made

NotScaryBats
2013-01-15, 03:23 AM
Another rat is put down, this one by the precise sling bullet of Jangle the cleric.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-16, 02:04 AM
Anneth pivots and blasts at another wily little rat.

Eldritch Blast [roll0]
on hit [roll1]

The remaining three rats on Roy attack him.

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

on hit, 1 damage

Initiative:
Vel (1d20+2)[21]
Rats 5-8 (1d20+2)[18]
Ray (1d20+1)[18]
Jangle (1d20-1)[14]
Anneth (1d20+2)[13]
Rats 1-4 (1d20+2)[12]
Aleyla (1d20+3)[4] <----- Active

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-16, 05:48 AM
Aleyla, now with sword in hand moves towards the pack of rats assailing her comrades, and slashes violently at the creatures, using the impetus of her movement to deliver deep blows.

Tactical
Move to 08 and attack

Rolls
Attack roll [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Skirmish [roll2]

NotScaryBats
2013-01-17, 02:05 AM
There is but one rat remaining, and it tries to flee. The adventurers cut it to bits as it moves through their gauntlet of blades.

The rats defeated, the group takes stock of their wounds. The doors to the north, south, and east are all open.

Vel has taken 2 damage, and Roy has taken 4. Rat bites.

Rather than spend forever deciding which way to go, first person to post gets to decide. If you want to heal or anything, just say so and we can do that between here and the next room.

You may recover your arrow and sling bullets.

Magnera
2013-01-17, 12:31 PM
Ray reaches into his pack for his bullseye lantern along with one of his packets of oil. The lantern flickers to life as he turns it on. The bright beam peirces down the southern hallway. A muscular green hand holds his scythe as it rests along his back and the other keeps the cone of light from his lantern from wavering away from the path.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-17, 06:13 PM
Before Ray can step down the hallway, Aleyla rests a hand upon his arm. "Allow me to procede, friend. The way ahead is dark, and I am used to looking for traps."

She then heads down the southern corridor ahead of the rest (about 20ft) sword out and probing the air before her.

Spot [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Jib
2013-01-17, 08:28 PM
"I will do what I can to help with the wounds, I have very little magic as of yet for healing." Jangle searches for his used bullet, and then tends to the wounds of his companions the best he can without invoking his limited divine powers. He takes a place at the center of the group to help keep himself safe during their incursion into the hallway. After he is done with his tending he jots down a few notes on a piece of paper concerning his companions physical state and what he did to help treat the injuries, inserting it back into the scroll case afterwards.

"If I am going to be treating you all, I would think I should know what kinds of allergies you may have, if any. Or if you have any requests about treatment if you are not awake for the healing."

Rolls
[roll0] Searching for the bullet.
[roll1] Heal Check for Roy using soap and water to clean.
[roll2] Heal Check for Vel using soap and water to clean.

SCARY WIZARD
2013-01-18, 12:58 AM
"Not too tolerant to ragweed..." comes Anneth's response to Jangle's question. She gives the rats a look-over, and seems to be trying to decide if they are worth salvaging as a meal.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-18, 09:31 AM
The group makes their way to the south. They use caution, with Aleyla taking point and move in a single file line even though the hallway can accommodate two abreast.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/genkiloli/DSKRound5_zpsa786ffcf.jpg

This room is empty save for dust and a single,
small, stone chest in the center of the floor.
Evidently no one has disturbed this chamber for
many years.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-18, 09:48 AM
"It looks as though we have stumbled on some treasure already," Aleyla commented, approaching the chest. It looked old, but that might only be a trick, and she knew of plenty of traps that could survive years untended. "Could someone check that there are no magical protections before I try and open it." She didn't even ask them if they were going to, her curiosity drove her onwards: it must be important for a whole room to be dedicated to this one chest.

Presuming somebody uses Detect Magic (or tells her they did) Aleyla will search for traps (which I realise I put no ranks into...)
[roll0]
if she finds any: Disable device [roll1]

If she finds none, or she finds a trap and disables it, and there is no magic, she will open the chest.
Open lock (if necessary): [roll2]

NotScaryBats
2013-01-18, 10:02 AM
no one in the party has detect magic, and that +1 to search is just about the best we have available.

I will give everyone a chance to respond if they want to (15 minute turnaround is pretty good though!)

Right now I assume Aleyla is alone next to the chest, with everyone else waiting in the hallway.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-18, 10:16 AM
Vel has it as part of a duskblade's Arcane Attunement.

Zman
2013-01-18, 10:31 AM
Vel mutters a few words in Draconic before opening his arcane sight, his eyes glowing he spends time looking around for magical auras and concentrating on any found.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-18, 10:32 AM
After a moment, Vel becomes certain that there is a magical item inside the chest. He is confident there are no magical traps.

Zman
2013-01-18, 10:34 AM
"There is an aura coming from inside the chest and the chest holds no enchantments." Vel concentrates on the aura, attempting to discern the nature of the aura.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-18, 10:42 AM
Aleyla nods, pleased that her guess had proved correct, and tried to unlock and open the chest.

Dice rolls as in post above.

Magnera
2013-01-18, 11:26 AM
Just doing this to say I'm still here and mostly cause I don't have anything meaningful to contribute. For the record, I'm right in the enterance between the room and the walkway
While his party members chat about what they are going to do about the chest, Ray begun to think to himself about his most recent battle. His thoughts started with the most pressing matter first. Why didn't he use most of his maneuvers? Nor did he activate the power from his martial spirit stance? The half-Orc made certain that he would bring his strength about himself next battle and not to forget his fathers teachings next time.

Ray's thoughts drifted into a diffrent subject, the rats he most recently fought. Why did his group fight those rats? They were probably scared of the storm outside and would have been just fine if they were left alone. Could they be scared? In order to be scared, they had to think about being scared. Which brought him to a large question, could rats think?

Speaking to not one person in particular, Ray asked his question."Do rats think?"

NotScaryBats
2013-01-18, 02:12 PM
After Vel's confirmation, Aleyla opens the unlocked treasure chest. Darts shoot from the wall, speeding through the air with deadly precision.

Unfortunately, you didn't quite make the DC 20 check to discover the trap.
Attack on Aleyla [roll0]
on hit [roll1] dmg no poison
Attack on Vel [roll2]
on hit [roll3] dmg no poison

After the trap is sprung, Aleyla is greeted by an impressive spread of treasure. She finds two pearls worth 100 gp a piece, a bag of 100 gold pieces, and a headband. Vel confirms the headband is magical, and upon some consideration, finds it to be a Headband of the Stout Heart, a simple leather headband with iron rivets that grants its wearer a +1 resistance bonus to Will saves.

That's two rooms down! Once you are back in the mainroom, which way do you go (north or east)
Also, if someone wants to hold the treasure, that works, otherwise you can divvy it up amongst yourselves.

Jib
2013-01-18, 05:45 PM
Jangle immediately begins treating Aleyla's wounds. He again dashes some water and rinses with soap, vigorously making sure to cleanse the puncture wounds.

"Think?" Jangle considers it for a few moments while retrieving his record page "Not so much as act on instinct I would think."

Jangle jots in his notes about the darts, and notes Anneth's intolerance to Ragweed. "Meticulous record is as Godliness" He replaces the notes into the case, carefully securing the lid.

[roll0] Heal check for Aleyla.

Magnera
2013-01-18, 11:31 PM
Ray considers the words of his companion for a moment, only just noticing the trap had been sprung."Dad said instinct was 'you before yourself'." The half-orc pauses for a moment and thinks more about the subject. "So they are them before they are themselves? I don't get it." He pauses, returning back into the deep recesses of his mind. He proceeds to return down the hallway, slinging his scythe along his shoulder and using his other hand to hold the bulls-eye lantern to the side of the hallway, intending to follow the wall.

So I guess it is to the east most hall way then. Who wants to wear the head band? I honestly dont care who it is, as long as someone wants to wear it.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-18, 11:55 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/genkiloli/DSKRound6_zpsf98f6b42.jpg

Continuing to plumb the depths of the area, the heroes come upon another room. The only object of interest in this chamber is a
statue at the far end. It resembles a sarcophagus
standing upright, except that the head of the
figure carved upon its lid looks distorted and
seems to have tendrils instead of hair. A pair of
batlike wings extends from its temples. Suddenly,
its eyes open, revealing the glow of green flames,
and the head flies forward to attack!

Initiative:
Vel [roll0]
Anneth [roll4]
Jangle [roll3]
Aleyla [roll5] <----- ACTIVE
Vargouille [roll1]
Ray [roll2]

whoops, I guess you're going north first. Sorry. I hadn't seen your ninja-edit when I started to post (maps sometimes take awhile lol)

NotScaryBats
2013-01-19, 12:10 AM
"The Tor at Hightower" is what the cut off text says, in case anyone was wondering.

Knowledge (the Planes) check to identify the creature:
Jangle: [roll0]

EDIT you can tell it is an outsider, but are unsure of the specifics.

Jib
2013-01-19, 01:35 AM
"Be careful, its not of this world" Jangle shouts. Grabbing his Holy Symbol he invokes the divine powers granted to him. He calls upon them to bolster his allies and fill them with the fiery courage of righteousness.

Jangle invokes Bless to bolster his party. Here is a Link (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/bless.htm) to Bless for the parties and DMs benefit.

Zman
2013-01-19, 01:33 PM
"It will soon be leaving!" With a word, Vel's blade is infused with his arcane energies and he spirits himself into a charge... smiling sharply as his blade cleaves the creature in two.

Swift: Blade of Blood
Charge[roll0]
Damage[roll1]
Blade of Blood[roll2]

NotScaryBats
2013-01-19, 04:31 PM
Wow, I had to double check the pdf, but sure enough. That's the encounter. Nice job lol

Vel makes one swift strike with his blade, cleanly slicing the fearsome-looking vagouille in two. The Outsider's body falls wetly to the floor, and Vel might feel quite accomplished having vanquished his enemy with one attack.

After a cursory check for traps by Aleyla, the elf reaches into the creature's nest (it had hollowed out the stone head of the sarcophagi to make a nest). Inside, she finds a pile of dust and a cold iron ring. The ring, when examined closely, has a set of Infernal runes on the outside, and Abyssal runes on the inside. When worn, it grants its wearer the ability to understand and read both Infernal and Abyssal.

SCARY WIZARD
2013-01-19, 09:43 PM
Anneth's hand crackles with her fey energies, but she dismisses it as soon as she sees Vel cleave the creature in two.

"Wow." is all she can manage.

Jib
2013-01-19, 11:08 PM
Jangle carefully follows Aleyla's path through the room, and looks at the ring in there hand.

"So why would we have an Infernal Artifact in a place like this?"

Jangle attempts to dredge his memory for anything similar to the Item
[roll0]

Magnera
2013-01-19, 11:30 PM
Ray's thoughts pause, just long enough to witness such an infernal creature be cleaved in two. He stands there for longer than a few moments in great awe and surprise. Until Jangle comments upon the ring they found.

"Don't know, we don't have enough puzzle pieces. We have one more to see"

If nobody wants the headband, me and my +1 Will save will take it.

Zman
2013-01-19, 11:43 PM
Seeing his companions surprise, Vel simply smiles.

Magnera
2013-01-20, 12:57 AM
Ray, once again, returns to the recesses of his mind. He could really think about the unearthly creature and not be hindered by the worries of grammar and pronunciation. Thing...headbat, not like rats. He compares the strange creature to the rats, how it attacked the group head on, as if it's only desire was to kill. The headbat seemed so much different than the poor rodents were. They attacked cause they didn't know where else to run, cause they were scared, because of their instinct...

" Do headbats think like rats, with instinct?" Says the half-orc as he points to half of the creature. "It seemed, more mean... Why?"

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-20, 10:12 AM
Aleyla cursed herself for not catching that trap, but the thin wires on the inside of the chest were almost impossible to discover without opening the chest. She survived all the same, and that cut would teach her to be so careless in future.

She was less pleased about the net room. Some abyssal creature which luckily Vel banished before it could do any harm, but she had no desire for the booty they discovered afterwards: that ring looked malign, and she had no desire to touch it, and handed it to the cleric, hoping he was wise about such things

Jib
2013-01-20, 01:32 PM
Jangle accepts the ring, holding it with a piece of paper, carefully turning it over in his hands. He looks at the etchings carefully, even though the language is beyond him. He sits down with his pack for a few moments, and takes out from his scroll case a piece of paper. He jots down on it the markings on the ring, and makes simple observations about its color and size. He also makes notes on the head with bat-like wings before putting the paper away and packaging the ring in paper and placing it in a belt pouch.

"That beast seemed malevolent, but not very intelligent" He looks up at Ray "Understand that creatures from other planes can simply hate beings from our plane. I am sure this creature was smart enough to hate." Jangle looks back at the ring. "I worry about the significance of the foul language on the ring. I do not know if it will be safe to use yet so I wish to be very careful with it."

Magnera
2013-01-20, 01:44 PM
"So the headbats are like drow? They hate all things that are not from their world." Ray thinks for some time, about why there are things that hate this world. About advice regarding such things from his dad. For the next while, the half-orc remains deep in thought about these concepts, his face shows perplexed emotions as he rides along his train of thought.

Jib
2013-01-20, 04:18 PM
"Perhaps something like the Drow, but I would say the Drow are a much more sick evil than even this monster" Jangle picks around the chamber a bit, looking to see if anything is out of the ordinary. He also pulls out a new piece of paper and makes a sketch of the tomb that the beast had nested in.

[roll0] Search Check for the room.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-20, 11:45 PM
After Jangle confirms there is nothing else of interest in this wing, the group moves on.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/genkiloli/DSKRound7_zps086378ed.jpg

The long stone hall ends in a stone chamber
furnished only with cracked, moldering tables on
which lie rusted implements of iron. Rain falls
into the middle of the room from a shaft in the
ceiling that must run all the way to the top of the
tor. From the bottom of the shaft dangles a rope,
swinging slightly. A drain in the center of the
floor allows the water to escape, but old, dark
stains suggest that it was used to carry away other
fluids long ago.

Suddenly, from a doorway on the far side of
the room step two burly humanoids. Each stands
more than 6 feet tall and has feral eyes and flat
facial features. With a roar, the two draw their
weapons and charge.

Initiative:
Vel [roll0]
Anneth [roll1]
Jangle [roll2]
Aleyla [roll3]<----- ACTIVE
Bugbear Twins [roll4]
Ray [roll5]

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-21, 06:02 AM
Aleyla lets out a cry of warning, a melodious yodel, before stepping forwards and loosing an arrow at the beast to her left.

Move to L6.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Skirmish [roll2]

Zman
2013-01-21, 08:57 AM
Vel considers charting headlong into the enemy, but quickly decides agains it. Moving up, he readies himself for their advance...

Move to P7, Ready Standard Action Attack

Jib
2013-01-21, 04:39 PM
Jangle advances, holding his Holy symbol in his left hand. He begins to pull his divine energies to him, but waits to discharge the power.

"Ray, once your in the room I'll give you a size boost." He says, still eying the ugly manbearpig monsters.

Advances to K5, holds casting Enlarge Person on Ray until he enters the room.

SCARY WIZARD
2013-01-21, 11:32 PM
Anneth moves forward just a little, and eyes the humanoid's weapons. Something foul comes to mind and almost escapes her lips, but she keeps it to herself...for now.

Moving to K6, and then Readying a Baleful Utterance on the weapon of whatever bugbear is dumb enough to advance within range of it, if possible...
Would prefer to roll all the necessaries once it's happened.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-22, 05:01 AM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/genkiloli/DSKRound8_zpsfe9c6fa2.jpg

With a startling display of the fabled elven markswomanship, Aleyla lets loose an arrow that cleanly pierces her target's throat, spraying hot blood down the creature's front. It dies instantly. Its twin roars in anger, marching forward and hurling his javelin at the elven woman with all his might.

Clearly upset by his brother's death, the bugbear's attack misses by a large margin.

Moves forward to the indicated square
Javelin on Aleyla [roll0]
on hit [roll1]

Initiative:
Vel [roll0]
Anneth [roll1]
Jangle [roll2]
Aleyla [roll3]
Bugbear Twins [roll4]
Ray [roll5] <----- ACTIVE

Magnera
2013-01-22, 10:17 AM
Jib
Sorry my friend, I don't think I can make it to the bugbear. The distance is too great without charging. And I can't charge through the squares of allies. We already have one down, the other three can probably Handel it. The next encounter is where we can use enlarge person and all that jazz.:smallsmile:

Ray pauses, for a moment waiting for his friends to move out of the way or for them to deal with the bugbear.
Ray is going to delay until right before the bugbear.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-22, 05:38 PM
Aleyla, buoyed up by her success, advances at a dash before loosing another arrow at the dead creature's twin.

Move to N5.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Skirmish [roll2]

Jib
2013-01-22, 07:34 PM
Jangle watches the first beast fall and decides his power will not be needed, releasing the energy for the spell he planned to cast. Instead he winds up his sling and hurls one of the bullets at the surviving beast.

Attack

[roll0] At the bugbear.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-22, 10:03 PM
The bugbear narrowly avoids the deadly projectiles loosed at him. He makes a harsh whistling sound in response, but whether it is to call more allies or mock you, you can't be certain.

INITIATIVE
Vel and Anneth,
then Ray's delay,
then bugbear(s?)

Zman
2013-01-23, 11:10 AM
Bel answers the Bugbear's call with a flash of steel...

Charge[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Can we keep the OOC things like Initiative Spoilered, just makes for a better rad IMO.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-23, 11:54 PM
Vel's attack hits the target squarely, opening a large bleeding gash on the creature's torso. It barely holds on to life, staggered by the blow.

Anneth tries to take advantage of the opening, and blasts at the bugbear with her magic. The creature lets out a final gasp and falls dead to the ground.

edlrich blast [roll0]
on hit [roll1] dmg

NotScaryBats
2013-01-24, 12:06 AM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/genkiloli/DSKRound9_zpsd58c592d.jpg

Initiative:
Vel
Anneth
Jangle
Aleyla
Bugbear Twins
Ray <----- ACTIVE

Two more bugbears descend from the rope. They land next to their fallen comrades, ready for battle, and strike at Vel with their short swords. Clearly no match for the swordsman they are up against, Vel has no trouble at all evading their clumsy attacks. Perhaps they were just unbalanced from their rapid descent down the rope.

attack 1 on Vel [roll0]
on hit [roll1] dmg

attack 2 [roll2]
on hit [roll3] dmg

Magnera
2013-01-24, 12:49 AM
Ray knows he has lost the initiative, everyone else has moved while he has waited for an open way out. Alas the Half-Orc moves past Anneth and rushes to flank the bug bear that is giving his friend such a hard time.

Manuvers
Crusader Strike
Douse the Flames
Leading the attack
Stone Bones
Vangaurd Strike
[roll0]
Ray moves to R4 since he doesn't have the movement to attack.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-26, 07:49 AM
Aleyla, moving first, darts forward and fires at the bugbear before her.

Move to P5, fire at Bugbear in R5.

Attack roll: (-4 for firing into combat I believe?) [roll0]
Damage [roll]18+1[roll]
Skirmish [roll1]

Zman
2013-01-26, 12:12 PM
Vel, surprised by the appearance of th Bugbears, whips his blade in a defensive fashion at the nearest Bugbear...

Fighting Defensively[roll0]
Damage[roll1]
+2 AC

Zman
2013-01-26, 12:13 PM
Vels is extraordinarily precise with his strike, a marvel of swordsmanship, as he attempts to take the Bugnears head...

Critical Confirmation

Fighting Defensively[roll0]
Damage[roll1]
+2 AC

SCARY WIZARD
2013-01-26, 06:38 PM
Anneth steps slightly out of the way, and prepares to fire another one of her blasts -- much more effective than breaking weapons, but nowhere near as fun. The nearest bugbear is her target, and she makes sure not to accidentally hit one of her allies, lest they become magic-saturated enemies.

She also makes sure to keep an eye on that rope...it just might need to go.

Tactical
Eldritch Blast at least-injured bugbear.

Eldritch Blast Damage[roll1]

Moving to L7.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-27, 03:46 AM
Ray moves into position. Aleyla misses her target this time. Vel dispatches one of the bugbears with a blow to the neck. The creature's head rolls off its shoulders in an impressive display of gore. Anneth gets behind one of the tables and fires a well-aimed blast that saps most of the sole remaining bugbear's will to fight. Jangle whirls his sling and shoots at the bugbear.

Vel kills his target, and Anneth bloodies hers.
Jangle attack roll [roll0]
on hit [roll1] dmg

The final bugbear senses his doom incoming and resolves to do the most damage he can against his enemies. He fails to do so.

[roll2]
on hit [roll3]
Attack on Vel.
Next, you all get to act again.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/genkiloli/DSKRound10_zps49cb00ff.jpg

SCARY WIZARD
2013-01-27, 07:43 AM
Anneth shakes her head at the bugbear and prepares yet another blast. The rope would have to be dealt with...but not before the last bugbear in this room.

Tactical
Eldritch Blast at bugbro.

Eldritch Blast Damage [roll1]

Magnera
2013-01-27, 09:38 AM
Ray, finally getting into position to flank with his comrade, alters his stance to that of the martial spirit and attacks with the a magical blow that heals his wounds.

[roll0]
[roll1]
If attack hits, then anyone(in this case, val) in thirty feet gets healed 2HP

Manuvers
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames
Leading the attack
Crusader Strike
Vangaurd Strike
[roll2]

NotScaryBats
2013-01-27, 01:15 PM
The tenacious Bugbear doesn't go down so easily. He dodges both Anneth's eldrich blast and Ray's scythe swing.

Zman
2013-01-27, 01:17 PM
As the Bugbear dodges his allies swings, Vel shifts hit stance to offense and attempts to take the brute down...

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

If a 5' step Flanks, Ill do it.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-27, 06:50 PM
Aleyla draws back briefly, keeping moving, and fires once more carefully into the fray.

Sorry still without computer. Move 10ft back and fire at bugbear.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Jib
2013-01-28, 12:47 AM
Jangle whirls up the little leather weapon of his one more time. Slightly irritated at what he sees as his relative uselessness in battle.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage if Hit occurs
[roll2] Crit confirm if lucky
[roll3] Crit damage if so lucky

NotScaryBats
2013-01-28, 01:13 AM
The brave adventurers throw a variety of attacks at the lone bugbear, and he succumbs at last, falling to the ground with a sword slash, arrow, and sling wound.

Upon inspection of the room and looting of the bodies, the party finds a Lifting Belt and 50 gold pieces.

Lifting Belt: This heavy leather kidney belt
features brass studs and large buckles on both sides.
Anyone wearing it gains a +1 enhancement bonus to
Strength for the purpose of determining his carrying
capacity. The belt does not alter the wearer’s actual
Strength score, nor does it change his Str modifier.
This effect does not stack with that provided by any
other bonus to Strength.
Faint conjuration; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item,
bull’s strength; Price: 500 gp.

The path to the right looms before you.

Magnera
2013-01-29, 12:03 AM
Ray's face changes from his simple and happy face to that of complexity and great concern. The poor half-orc was bothered by his most recent foes, he couldn't shake the fact that they may have been defending their home. All he knew was that, in order for his conscious to be cleared, he would have to proceed further into the depths and confirm that his actions were warranted.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-29, 12:37 AM
Moving forward, the adventurer's find a long hallway that runs to the south. At the end of this hallway is a small chamber
whose wooden door lies on the floor. The smell of
dust pervades the air, and the sound of thunder is
muted here. Numerous body-shaped lumps are
visible through the doorway, each wrapped carefully
in layers of grey thread like woven mummies.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/genkiloli/DSKRound11_zps9a10c3c9.jpg

Aleyla is in the front, but if you want a different person to explore let me know. How do you proceed? Into the obvious trap

Jib
2013-01-29, 03:18 AM
Who wants an attempt to plumb the room without entering? Jangle pulls out one of the bullets for his sling. I could light it up before we go in, as we have seen there are things crawling around in here. Might get lucky enough to flush it out?

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-29, 10:37 AM
Aleyla nods. "Let us get a better idea of what awaits us, we have seen that this place holds a number of dangers."

NotScaryBats
2013-01-29, 01:25 PM
So, you are lighting a sling bullet on fire and shooting into the room?

Jib
2013-01-29, 01:57 PM
Jangle casts light on the bullet and lobs the glowing round into the room.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-29, 04:41 PM
Just about where the door would be if it weren't rotted off the hinges, the bullet sticks fast in something. The glowing projectile reveals a nearly invisible Web covering the entrance.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-29, 06:55 PM
"At least it helped with that." Aleyla commented, annoyed that she hadn't seen it before. She slowly approached the web to inspect it, and with the permission would burn it down with a torch.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-29, 07:00 PM
Would you like to make a spot check?

Is everyone else staying put while your traps-maiden ventures forth?

NotScaryBats
2013-01-29, 11:53 PM
Aleyla cautiously moves forward to where the shining stone is stuck fast in the web. She marvels at how difficult it is to see -- even this close, the strands are all but invisible. Still, it is probably strong, and has to go. Putting a torch to it, the hardy webbing is difficult to catch on fire, but it starts slowly.

Fire damage to web

Suddenly, a monstrous spider almost the size of a person leaps from the ceiling, and attacks the elf.

It succeeded on its hide and move silently checks. It attacks you in a surprise round.
Aleyla is at E9 and the Spider is at E10
Attack on Aleyla [roll1]
[roll2] damage + poison on successful hit

Initiative

[roll]Vel 1d20+2
Ray [roll3]
Jangle [roll4]
Anneth [roll5]
Aleyla [roll6]
Spider [roll7]

NotScaryBats
2013-01-29, 11:56 PM
rerolling for Vel [roll0]

The spider takes advantage of its speed and attacks the elf who just burnt up his cleverly laid trap with another bite. The web is completely destroyed.

Another attack, since it looks like it won initiative. [roll1]
on hit [roll2] damage + poison

Magnera
2013-01-30, 10:20 AM
Leading the Attack upon the spider Ray charges forward and slides upon his knees under the monsterous vermin. He swiftly stands from his knees while his feet enter the stance of martial spirit and upercuts the spider with a powerful swing of his scythe.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit if any
[roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Maneuvers
Crusader Strike
Douse The Flames
Leading The Attack
Stone Bones
Vanguard Strike
[roll4]

NotScaryBats
2013-01-30, 02:27 PM
Hoping to catch another foe to be eaten, the Spider attacks Ray as he charges underneath.

AoO [roll0]
on hit [roll1] and poison

The scythe splits open the Spider's abdomen, spilling ichor in a wide arc and causing the enormous arachnid to chitter in pain and anger. Not quite dead yet, the weapon was just inches from many of the creature's vital organs.

AC is 14, so not confirmation. 9 damage certainly bloodies it, though, but its still kicking for a little bit at least.

Zman
2013-01-30, 02:33 PM
Vel moves and quickly attempts to dispatch the foe...

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

NotScaryBats
2013-01-30, 04:18 PM
Continued pressure from Ray renders the Spider's defenses easily pierced by Vel's bloody blade. He finishes the creature. It's carapace crunches beneath his sword and another foe is fallen before the adventurers.

Exploring the room further reveals "The lumps in the
chamber are the dead, mummified bodies of literally
hundreds of rats, plus various humanoids."
I LOVE that line.

Hidden among the mummified corpses
within the room are numerous rusted weapons and
tattered clothes, all of which are worthless. On the
floor, however, lies an iridescent pearl and a bag that contains 75 gp. Upon closer inspection, the pearl is not an ordinary gem, but is indeed a Pearl of Power (for 0-level spells.)

the pearl grants you back one expended divine spell of level 0 once a day. Using it is a free action.

Is there any healing or other precautions you take before delving deeper into the tor?

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-30, 07:54 PM
Aleyla staggers to her feet, something strange giving her limbs vitality even in the face of the spider's venom.
Before the others could move off again, she cautiously approached Jangle.
"I have suffered wounds, one near fatal, I would appreciate if you could check that the poison has not run deeper." She did not want to be the weakling of the group, but she was not foolish enough to rate pride above her own survival.

Jib
2013-01-30, 08:39 PM
Jangle scuttles forward to tend to the spider strike on Aleyla. He again rinses the wound and does his best to patch it back together. Still visibly shaken from the spider, and avoiding the corpse best he can.

"I hate spiders, them being giant does not help that any. Would it be okay if I snagged that pearl? It might make things a bit easier for me later."

Heal Check for Aleyla [roll0]

NotScaryBats
2013-01-30, 11:09 PM
With the cleric's aid, Aleyla resists the poison's secondary effects

SCARY WIZARD
2013-01-30, 11:59 PM
Anneth grunts, "Haven't got any objections... Think the webs could pass as makeshift bandages?"

Magnera
2013-01-31, 12:38 AM
Ray, after spending the past while in the recesses within his mind, finally reached his conclusion. The rats were an unfortunate mishap. They only did what they thought was needed for survival. While it could have been prevented... It wasn't. So there was no use to feeling bad about it.

The Head-bat was very different from the rats. It hated everything that had to do with this world and felt as though it were otherworldly and evil. All it could do was attack the party and hope for the best. In the end, a good deed was probably done in this world by killing the Head-bat.

After arriving at a dead end and having nowhere else to go in the tor, Ray's mind had settled upon the fact that the Bugbears from earlier were defending nothing, not even themselves. They had roared and charged first into the battle without a care for the possible consequences. What is to say they wouldn't have been less blood thirsty towards a lost family or some other poor sap?

The giant spider was the same as the rat, and yet it was not. Unlike the rats, it was a predator. The monstrous spider waited for prey to come into its web before ambushing them. But like the rats, the giant spider did what ever it could do to live and, in the end, it didn't come out on top.

His foes that came across his path so far all had their reasons to fight, either it was to fight to live, or to fight to hate, to fight to fight or to fight to survive. Each individual had its reason, but so did Ray. His reason to fight was to find his reason in life. If he died, then he would have lived without finding a purpose.

In this search for reason, this grand curiosity and unyielding yearning for understanding all things that peaked his inquisitive mind. Ray discovered that his unnatural and almost divine road along the path of the Sublime Way was charged by his own thoughts and prowess. This must have been what his father meant by making your own path.

"These beasts we have fought. They all had a reason to fight. The rats fought to live. The head-bat fought to hate. The bugbears fought to fight and this spider? It fought to survive. In the end, they all failed and died. What is it we fight for? Do we even want to fight for anything?"

I didn't realize how big this got until I actually got done! :smallbiggrin: For the record, Ray is going to need some anti poison treatments too!

SCARY WIZARD
2013-01-31, 01:18 AM
Anneth considers Ray's words. She only ever fought when it was necessary, and she only ever deemed it necessary when somebody got in her face -- sure, her reaction to the rats and the spider were more her self-defense against any diseases or venoms that they might have been carrying...but the flying creature seemed to have a chip on its shoulder, and came at her and her companions; the bugbears, she would have let go if they did not have any hostile intentions.

It wasn't anything that the mage who brought her up taught her; he, himself, preferred to avoid violence. Perhaps in days to come, she could find ways to bend her powers to that end?

"I only fight when I'm attacked. As far as a purpose in life goes, if that's what you're looking for, I'd like to find out where I come from."

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-31, 05:29 AM
"I am afraid your analysis is just slightly mistaken: those rats fought to kill, just as surely as the spider did. They did not need to attack us, and what natural rat would?"

"I fight to live, for life is the ultimate means, and without it we cannot achieve any other ends."

Zman
2013-01-31, 07:35 AM
Vel deciding to voice his opinions, "Life is a fight. To live is to win, to lose, die. We are as much a predator as the spider, beware seeing ideals and setting our actions on a pedestal."

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-01-31, 07:45 AM
Philosophial discussions aside, Aleyla decided to press on: "We should explore the rest of this place: it is not the haven it pretends to be, and we would do well to clear it out so that other travellers need not fear being slaughtered in their sleep."

Jib
2013-01-31, 06:28 PM
As the group moves on Jangle tends to Roy, jotting a few notes again about the poison and how it spreads. He also attempts to touch the spider webs, and see if they would make decent bandages, perhaps some of the non-capture threads.

"Isn't it a joy that as the creatures with superior intellect we doubt what we do so much more than a beast would?" Jangle prattles of sarcastically "While I do abhor having to kill, it is the victor who writes history, and I do not intend to be forgotten by history, or sentenced to a minor role as cannon fodder."

Heal Check for Roy [roll0]
Jangle also attempts to manipulate some of the webbing to see if it would make good bandaging, preferably with a stick or something other than his hand.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-31, 07:56 PM
The spider webbing is extraordinarily strong and sticky, difficult even to cut, and nearly impossible to manipulate without chelicerae or pedipalps.

it's a dc 16 str check to loosen something caught it in the Web, it has Dr 5 / -
You would have a heck of a time making a bandage out of it.

You do, however, succeed in preventing the secondary damage if both Aleyla and Ray <3

Jib
2013-01-31, 11:43 PM
Jangle snorts indignantly, giving up on the web and following the group. Invoking the power of the pearl he casts Cure Minor Wounds (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/cureMinorWounds.htm) on Aleyla twice, trying to get her patched back up a bit more.

Magnera
2013-02-01, 09:49 AM
"Just what is left of this place? I don't think we have anywhere else to go.

Zman
2013-02-01, 10:54 AM
"Then wheremdidnthey come from?" Bel asks as he looks at the dangling rope and Bugbear corpses.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-02-01, 10:59 AM
Aleyla looks at the rope, knowing she has never trained to climb something like this.
"It must have been pretty secure to support the two bugbears. I'd suggest we at least try climbing it, but the others should be on guard in case something else comes down."

Aleyla grits her teeth, sheaths her weapons, and begins to climb, still slightly fatigued from the spider's venom.

Climb check [roll0]

NotScaryBats
2013-02-01, 05:15 PM
The top of the rope reveals a ruined hobgoblin camp. The elements are really trashing the area up here, with harsh winds and rain blowing the elf's hair and clothing all about. She does a quick search and uncovers nothing of interest up here.

When she returns to the chamber and recounts the story, it triggers a dusty memory from Vel.
"Long ago, a small but mighty humanoid kingdom
existed in what is now the local wilderness. Bugbear
and ogre warriors fought brutal wars of expansion,
earning great fame and amassing considerable fortunes
from their predations. Those who died in battle were
buried in large tomb complexes dug into hillsides and
honored as patrons of the living. Among these tombs
was the large tor known as Hightower. Though it was
neither the largest nor the most famous of the kingdom’s
tombs, Hightower did represent a typical
example of this kind of structure.

As happens to all such nations, the cruel
humanoid kingdom eventually fell to a more
powerful foe that razed all its cities and outlying
fortifications. Of the tombs, only Hightower
escaped destruction—largely because it was an
unimportant monument in a remote location.

A few tribes of humanoids that survived the
devastation tried to use it as a fortress, but the
humans with whom they clashed defeated them
soundly and sealed the entrance with a huge,
round stone to ensure that the tor could no
longer be used as a base. Since then, Hightower
has served as a landmark for travelers in the
know, but it has otherwise been largely forgotten."

From this history lesson, you conclude the bugbears were likely trying to once more turn the tor into a fortress.

One final room remains. With a sense of budding closure, dread, and perhaps a bit of excitement, the adventurers approach the Tomb.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/genkiloli/DSKRound12_zps54f7a7a0.jpg

A long, stone table dominates the center of this
chamber, and bright bits of gold wink from
within the dust that covers the floor. Upon the
table lies the well-preserved corpse of a tall
humanoid wearing the tabard and belts of a
knight. Suddenly, the corpse sits up, lifting an
old, rusted morningstar in one hand and a javelin
in the other. As it climbs off the table, its mouth
opens to loose an eerie moan.

INITIATIVE

THE DARK KNIGHT [roll0]
Vel [roll1]
Ray [roll2]
Jangle [roll3]
Anneth [roll4]
Aleyla [roll5]

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-02-01, 05:48 PM
Aleyla almost paused, Ray's earlier musings causing her to question herself, but that unnatural moan was enough to make her raise her bow and unleash an arrow. I fight for the living!

Move to P7.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Skirmish, if it works [roll2]

Magnera
2013-02-01, 06:03 PM
Bringing his feet into the stance his father taught him, Ray charges his armored foe and slices at it with his scythe! Only now did he feel the weakness from the poison, his strikes were much less powerful and his charge left him open for a counter.

Manuvers
Crusader Strike
Douse the Flames
Leading the attack
Stone Bones
Vangaurd Strike
[roll0]
Charge [roll1] (+2 from charge, -2 from using Stone Power)
Damage [roll2]
Miracle [roll3]
Miracle Damage [roll4]

Darn, if I hit, then I could have healed the party a little, heck I didn't even use Crusader strike.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-01, 06:30 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/genkiloli/DSKRound13_zps56f7bbfe.jpg

The undead hobgoblin's tough hide deflects both the arrow and the scythe attack. It lets out another groan, hefting the javelin and hurling it at Ray. Then, it shifts it hands to a strong grip of its morningstar.

Javelin vs Ray
[roll0]
on hit [roll1]

SCARY WIZARD
2013-02-01, 08:51 PM
Anneth shifts to the side and prepares to fire some of her fey energies at the undead creature. It was the first time she'd attempted such, and she sincerely hoped it would work...in addition to self-discovery, tomb robbing sounded very appealing.

Tactical

Move to K5! Fire an eldritch blast at our friend, the Dark Knight.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-03, 12:00 AM
The slow creature fails to move at all, taking the full force of Anneth's eldritch blast. It looks like it injured the creature, but not severely enough for its attention to turn to the woman who blasted it.

Initiative
nitiative:
Aleyla (1d20+3)[21]
Ray (1d20+1)[17]
THE DARK KNIGHT (1d20+0)[13]
Anneth (1d20+2)[11]
Jangle (1d20-1)[10] <--- ACTIVE
Vel (1d20+2)[5]

Zman
2013-02-03, 12:02 AM
Vel, seeing his opening channels his arcane energies into his sword and charges the Undead Knight...

Swift: Blade of Blood
Charge: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Blade of Blood: [roll2]

NotScaryBats
2013-02-03, 12:32 AM
Vel's charge strikes true. His sword shears into tough undead hide easily and cleanly. The creature groans as another chunk of its flesh is cut off. It turns its attention towards this latest, most blatant threat.

Just makin' a quick lil' roll here...
Vel=1
Aleyla=2
Ray=3
[roll0]

Magnera
2013-02-03, 12:56 AM
Stepping just to the side of the undead being, Ray brings his great scythe to bear upon the creature, his bones become as strong as stone as his mind begins its work generating the crusaders divine spark.

Manuvers
Crusader Strike
Douse the Flames
Leading the attack
Stone Bones
Vangaurd Strike
[Roll]1d4[Roll]:smallredface: oops

[roll0]
[roll1]
Miracle
[roll2]
[roll3]

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-02-03, 05:56 AM
Aleyla darts forward again to draw a clear line on the monster, before firing another arrow.

Move to R8.

Firing into combat -4
[roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Skirmish [roll2]

SCARY WIZARD
2013-02-03, 09:45 PM
Anneth prepares to fire another blast at the undead creature. To get a better shot, she moves just a little closer...

Tactical

Eldritch blast at our undead friend, again!
Moved for proximity -- for Point Blank Shot benefits!

NotScaryBats
2013-02-06, 03:07 AM
Jangle delays, thinking about how he can affect the creature.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/genkiloli/DSKRound14_zps255ede8c.jpg

The undead knight attacks Vel with its morningstar. Clearly, the years spent in the tomb have not been good for its combat reflexes, and Vel easily avoids the attack.

[roll0]
on hit [roll1]

Initiative
okay, you may all go, now.

SCARY WIZARD
2013-02-06, 03:33 AM
For lack of anything better to do, Anneth fires yet another blast at the creature.

Tactical
Eldritch blast, dead thing.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-02-06, 06:04 AM
Aleyla fires another arrow into the combat and then drops her bow and draws her sword, ready to take the fight to the creature.

[roll0]
damage [roll1]
(Use move action to draw longsword, so no skirmish damage)

Zman
2013-02-06, 10:51 AM
Vel continues channeling his arcane energies into his blade, almost spent he keeps up the attack..."Vile creature, die once more!"

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]
Blade of Blood[roll2]

Much better, and above average.

3 1st level spells spent.

Magnera
2013-02-06, 11:45 AM
Leading the Attack, ray assaults the dark knight once more, hoping his preasure will give his alles an advantage.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Miracle Crit
[roll2]
[roll3]
Maneuvers
Crusader Strike
Douse the Flames
Leading The Attack
Stone Bones
Vanguard Strike
[roll4]

NotScaryBats
2013-02-06, 12:05 PM
Vel once again gets through the creature's impressive defenses, while his companions do not. Anneth's blasts continue to chip away at its reserves, and many pieces of undead lie on the floor from the barrage.

While it looks damaged, the enemy does not stop its assault on the adventurers, particularly Vel, who has damaged it the most. Nonetheless, the jerky movements are easy to avoid and Vel remains unscathed.

For speed's sake, I will post the action now. If Jangle wants to jump in, he still can, otherwise, let's continue to move forward.

[roll0] on Vel
on hit [roll1]

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-02-06, 12:39 PM
Aleyla runs in, sword raised and delivers a two handed blow to the undead creature's body.

Move to Q6

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Skirmish [roll2]

SCARY WIZARD
2013-02-06, 03:25 PM
Anneth is surprised at how efficient her attacks are against this undead creature. So, she fires another blast at it.

'Branislav must have been using the wrong kind of magic against these...' she thinks to herself, remembering the wizard's stories of the undead.

Tactical
Eldritch blast, dead thing.

...that's how I write out things that my character thunk. :3

Magnera
2013-02-08, 01:50 PM
Ray, continues his unyielding attack with his scythe. Recalling the sensation he felt from earlier, the half-orc brings fourth that divine surge of curiosity into a strike worthy of a crusader.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Crits don't work:smallfrown:
Manuvers
Crusader Strike I havent used this one yet, so I am going to do so now.
Douse the Flames
Leading The Attack
Stone Bones
Vanguard Strike
[roll2]

Zman
2013-02-10, 02:06 PM
Vel instigates his undead foe, "Dance, poppet, dance." as he spins and keeps up his onslaught... Again removing a sliver of the undead knight.

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

NotScaryBats
2013-02-11, 06:35 PM
[roll0] on hit, [roll1]

The bugbear, large chunks cut and blasted from its body, is barely holding together. What is likely its final attack swings for Vel with mindless determination.

SCARY WIZARD
2013-02-11, 07:36 PM
Anneth sees that the creature has definitely seen better times, by now... But, it's in her way, so she fires one more blast at it, hopefully the last.

Tactical
Eldrich blast, dead thing.
Eldritch Blast Attack:
Eldritch Blast Damage: [ROLL]1d6+1

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-02-11, 07:51 PM
Aleyla charges in with her longsword swinging.

Charging. [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Skirmish [roll2]

-2 Ac

Magnera
2013-02-13, 12:06 AM
Ray assaults the Dark Knight once more, hoping to end its existence with one final blow!

[roll0]
[roll1]
I use Vanguard Strike and gain my final maneuver, douse the flames.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-13, 09:16 AM
And so, the adventurers finally destroy the undead remains of the Bugbear. A sense of ease and peace settles over the area, and the ambient sounds of the storm outside settle down into a light rain.

The creature carries a ruined and battered Morningstar, and has an exquisite scimitar strapped to its back. Scattered around the room are about 200 hold pieces.

Zman
2013-02-13, 12:00 PM
Vel, after the undead creature falls takes time to examine the scimitar on its back as well as take a precursory look around the room.

Detect Magic around room, and on the scimitar.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-13, 01:01 PM
The weapon is a Masterwork Scimitar, but it is un enchanted.

Nothing else pings in the room.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-02-13, 01:31 PM
Aleyla walks up to Vel: "Anything interesting? This place feels different now, more relaxed, less hostile. Whatever made that creature move was ended I think. Well done everyone." Aleyla wiped her sword on the monster's corpse, and then began to patrol the room (detecting secret doorways with her elven-ness).

NotScaryBats
2013-02-14, 02:27 AM
Indeed the area does feel more at peace than before. Aleyla feels confident the entire tor has been explored by now, and detects no secret doors.

Magnera
2013-02-14, 07:42 PM
Ray smiles, happy and content regarding his success. The half orc returns to the depths of his mind, to continually ponder his actions.