PDA

View Full Version : Holy ELDRITCH ! Batman!

silverwolfer
2013-01-10, 02:28 AM
So what are the general thoughts here on the ELDRITCH DISCIPLE, a fun diversion for a unusual thurge, or a lost lil puppy that should be never found.

Juntao112
2013-01-10, 03:03 AM
Warlock/Ur Priest/Eldritch Disiple gets interesting really fast.

Edge of Dreams
2013-01-10, 03:15 AM
Warlock/Ur Priest/Eldritch Disiple gets interesting really fast.

Except the requirements for Eldritch Disciple include "Must worship a Chaotic or Evil diety", while Ur Priest is specifically a divine caster that does NOT worship a diety, IIRC.

Kane0
2013-01-10, 03:18 AM
True for Eldritch Disciple, but not Ur-Priest apparently. The only special requirement for urpriest is that you forsake any divine casting.

So apparently it's viable. Seems a really good combo and a nice alternative to HFGlaiveorClawLock

silverwolfer
2013-01-10, 09:19 AM
I am a man, who worships himself, for I shall soon ascend.

Psyren
2013-01-10, 10:16 AM
It's a fun way to build a healer. Healing Chain! Healing Cone! Bask in my healing Hellfire!

Combo it with Ur-Priest, Divine Crusader or Sha'ir.

Snowbluff
2013-01-10, 10:57 AM
I was building a Warlock who happens to be batman. Combat Panache is really good for warlocks, it turns out. Too bad about the diplomacy requirement.

Also, check out the newest warlock handbook.

BowStreetRunner
2013-01-10, 06:33 PM
I had an Eldritch Disciple who would hover 30 ft above the battlefield sniping enemy targets as needed and delivering a bunch of hit points worth of healing to any ally within 250 ft. It was actually a very decent character and I was starting to really get into playing him, right up until that unfortunate incident with the Bodak...oh well.

Lonely Tylenol
2013-01-10, 06:52 PM
"Eldritch Disciple

Lose: 2 Cleric caster levels
Gain: 11 Warlock invoker levels, complete with 7 invocations (3 least, 3 lesser, 1 greater) and Eldritch Blast 6d6, actual class features, keep Turn/Rebuke Undead"

Granted, Warlock levels are not equivalent to Cleric levels as power balance goes, and one of the lost levels is built into the class itself, but it's still one of the best theurge classes out there.

silverwolfer
2013-01-10, 07:28 PM
Seems to be that flys the balance of being good, but not set the Dm off on a tangent of being OP

The Glyphstone
2013-01-10, 07:31 PM
Depends on the DM. If you've got one with a traditionalist mindset, the Warlock being able to use all his abilities at-will, weak as they are, will look horribly OP.

Lonely Tylenol
2013-01-10, 07:32 PM
Seems to be that flys the balance of being good, but not set the Dm off on a tangent of being OP

Pretty much. If it did not lose a caster level intrinsically, it would be an obvious choice for any generalist Cleric who is Chaotic or Evil (one lost Cleric caster level still gets you into the nines "on time", and you do get some added diversity that comes with at-will flight, invisibility, and other goodies), but still not broken in most games.

Combined with Ur-Priest, it is broken; but, Ur-Priest is also broken, so take that with a grain of salt.