PDA

View Full Version : Only War: Armoured Fist OOC

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Lycan 01
2013-05-15, 04:31 AM
Does the Chimera's autocannon have line-of-sight with the sniper yet? If so, do I really need to roll for Gunz to fire off a warning burst into the dirt a few yards in front of him?

LeSwordfish
2013-05-15, 04:34 AM
Yes, and roll to check it doesn't jam.

RandomLunatic
2013-05-15, 03:17 PM
Man, this guy can Dodge. At least he Pinned this time.

LeSwordfish
2013-05-19, 05:29 PM
mucked up the damage roll, [roll0][roll1]

18 SI damage, Crit 4 to the motive systems: moving faster than tactical speed takes a -10 Operate test, unless you can repair it.

As for how Tactical speed applies to Cruising speed, mental maths suggests that 70KPH is well below 10m per turn, so you won't need any extra tests.

RandomLunatic
2013-05-19, 05:42 PM
Is there any chance we have handcuffs in/on the Chimera, or at least rope or cable smaller than the tow cables? I would like to keep our prisoners tied up while we are off fighting the heretics.

Lycan 01
2013-05-19, 06:20 PM
I thought the Tallahan driver dude was just wounded/dazed by the autocannon hits? Did he bleed out or something while we were ignoring him? :smallconfused:

LeSwordfish
2013-05-19, 06:25 PM
The chimeras aren't fitted with manacles. Sort of thing you'd need to have in your standard kit.

I forgot to mention: if you plan to run one thing I will definitely need is who's riding in which Chimera.

Also, while i'm here, Tallahan checklist.

Valentin and three men-Valentin killed with Lascannon, one set alight, one killed with hot-shot las.
Missile team in rooftop-missile carrier killed, other still alive.
Two on ground level-one dead, one escaped, surrendered to Montru and Doyle.
Augustin, killed at chimera.
Two reinforcements from cellar, both alive.

So you have four living Tallahan, (one with a missile launcher, one with a vox-set), and one badly wounded but still alive.

EDIT: Oops, let me check.

LeSwordfish
2013-05-19, 06:33 PM
Yes, you're quite right. Augustin is at a +3 crit to the body and is pretty definitely down, but he's alive.

RandomLunatic
2013-05-19, 07:08 PM
The chimeras aren't fitted with manacles. Sort of thing you'd need to have in your standard kit.Is there at least rope? I mean, we used some to create that makeshift safety harness for Wolfe back in Operation Shatter, right?

I forgot to mention: if you plan to run one thing I will definitely need is who's riding in which Chimera.Well, Harkon has been critically ignored until now. We put him in one of the Chimeras, Doyle drives the other, have Varuck take a gun, and... really, anybody not KC can take the other turret.

LeSwordfish
2013-05-20, 01:54 AM
Rope is fair enough: It'll take an intelligence test to tie them up: if they want to escape they'll oppose that with Agility.

Caimheul
2013-05-20, 10:52 AM
Is there at least rope? I mean, we used some to create that makeshift safety harness for Wolfe back in Operation Shatter, right?

Well, Harkon has been critically ignored until now. We put him in one of the Chimeras, Doyle drives the other, have Varuck take a gun, and... really, anybody not KC can take the other turret.
My recommendations after looking at character sheets: Cronyn has an Agi of 47, which is higher than Varruck's Operate even with the MIU, so I recommend he drives the second Chimera, unless Harkon has a better score than that, in Which case Cronyn can hop in the turret as he has the best BS and his sniper rifle is likely to be LESS usefull than an autocannon (although I could be wrong... :smalltongue:). I figure a near even split of both us and the Tallahans, Wolfe in Nox with the injured Tallahan trooper (who shouldn't have critical damage anymore after the heal check, he SHOULD be at 1 wound iIrc....), the Tallahan med tech, and one of the guys from the cellar in Nox, rest in their old Chimera. Thus far they haven't been aggressive towards us after Valentine went down, so it may be worth considering letting them man the lasguns mounted on the Chimeras, and otherwise use them as cannon fodder :smallbiggrin: (Wolfe IS the ranking NCO at this point).

LeSwordfish
2013-05-20, 11:05 AM
To clarify, two Tallahans are wounded: Augustin is at three critical damage but entirely stable, the burned soldier is stable but not in fighting shape.

Caimheul
2013-05-20, 11:33 AM
To clarify, two Tallahans are wounded: Augustin is at three critical damage but entirely stable, the burned soldier is stable but not in fighting shape.

Ah! Sorry, misunderstood.

EDIT: In which case, the wounded and the medtek with Wolfe in Nox, uninjured in other Chimera. This way a) we don't have to move the wounded if the other Chimera breaks down, and b) The medical care we can provide is readily available to them. It also just seems flavourful to me to do it that way.

RandomLunatic
2013-05-20, 02:32 PM
Then there is the sniper we just captured, although he somehow managed to make it out without critical damage. So three injured.

Starbin
2013-05-20, 02:46 PM
So how are we divying up?

Starbin
2013-05-22, 10:06 AM
So how did you want the rest of us to divvy up? Kora can sit in either one - but LeSwordfish needs to know clearly who's in which Chimera.

Also, I guess Wolfe decided this place is not defendable, right? We should expect to run into the advancing forces as we head back to link up.

LeSwordfish
2013-05-23, 10:03 AM
FYI i'm still here and listening, but unless you have anything else to do I do need lists of who's in what vehicle. If no response by tomorrow evening, i'll make it up as I go, since i'm sure you're all keen on moving on.

DaedalusMkV
2013-05-23, 01:14 PM
Proposed passenger list:

Our Chimera:
Doyle (Operating)
Gunz (On the flamer)
Kaitlin (Manning the Autocannon)
Wolfe
Morde
Kora
Stevie
All six Tallahans, as prisoners or not, so that Wolfe can keep an eye on them.

The other Chimera:
Cronyn (Driving, being our second-best driver)
Varuck (Manning the Turret)
Montru (On the flamer. I think he likes flamers.)
plus their respective Comrades.

Puts our most socially-inclined people watching the Tallahans (and also Kora, because they should be afraid of her), and maximizes the number of people in the undamaged Chimera. The other Chimera is manned as lightly as possible to minimize potential losses if it gets crippled or destroyed, plus our best two Drivers driving and out best two shooters (on Autocannon Turrets, less Cronyn) shooting.

What does everyone think? Is this good enough to work?

Caimheul
2013-05-23, 01:22 PM
Proposed passenger list:

Our Chimera:
Doyle (Operating)
Gunz (On the flamer)
Kaitlin (Manning the Autocannon)
Wolfe
Morde
Kora
Stevie
All six Tallahans, as prisoners or not, so that Wolfe can keep an eye on them.

The other Chimera:
Cronyn (Driving, being our second-best driver)
Varuck (Manning the Turret)
Montru (On the flamer. I think he likes flamers.)
plus their respective Comrades.

Puts our most socially-inclined people watching the Tallahans (and also Kora, because they should be afraid of her), and maximizes the number of people in the undamaged Chimera. The other Chimera is manned as lightly as possible to minimize potential losses if it gets crippled or destroyed, plus our best two Drivers driving and out best two shooters (on Autocannon Turrets, less Cronyn) shooting.

What does everyone think? Is this good enough to work?

And the Mysterious Device (tm) that Varuck has found would be where? Just to consider that if we have to abandon the Chimera, we'd have to move it.

Otherwise sounds good!

DaedalusMkV
2013-05-23, 01:29 PM
And the Mysterious Device (tm) that Varuck has found would be where? Just to consider that if we have to abandon the Chimera, we'd have to move it.

Otherwise sounds good!

Where do you think that said object would be?

Hint: It's with Varuck.

You're never going to separate him from it.

Starbin
2013-05-23, 01:49 PM
I suppose when an techpriest pulls something out of his arse, there's actually a compartment there ...:smallbiggrin:

On a sad side not, you can see by my signature that I'll be in the land of no wi-fi for 4 days. I don't want to slow the game down, so press on w/o me, if necessary. I'll catch up on Tuesday :smallsmile:

I suppose Caim can just bot me ... "Point, Shoot, Gloat" Rinse and repeat.:smallbiggrin:

RandomLunatic
2013-05-23, 02:43 PM
You are forgetting poor Harkon in there. He could be used to replace either Cronyn or Torin in the other Chimera, letting either of those two-the first and second best shots in the squad, respectively-take over the Nox's autocannon.

Caimheul
2013-05-23, 03:31 PM
Where do you think that said object would be?

Hint: It's with Varuck.

You're never going to separate him from it.

I am utterly surprised by this revelation :smalltongue:. Wasn't sure if the possible necessity of moving the I'm assuming heavy? object or trusting its protection to an already damaged Chimera. Although I guess the servitor should be good for something...

You are forgetting poor Harkon in there. He could be used to replace either Cronyn or Torin in the other Chimera, letting either of those two-the first and second best shots in the squad, respectively-take over the Nox's autocannon.
Depends on what his stats are. If he IS a better driver than Cronyn, then that's the route we should take instead... But if he's just using default Guardsman stats, I think he will be strictly worse than a PC...

DaedalusMkV
2013-05-23, 03:44 PM
I am utterly surprised by this revelation :smalltongue:. Wasn't sure if the possible necessity of moving the I'm assuming heavy? object or trusting its protection to an already damaged Chimera. Although I guess the servitor should be good for something...

Depends on what his stats are. If he IS a better driver than Cronyn, then that's the route we should take instead... But if he's just using default Guardsman stats, I think he will be strictly worse than a PC...

The Mysterious Device (tm) is actually not all that heavy at all. Large briefcase-sized and carryable in one hand. If you're worried about it we can switch Varuck and Kaitlin's positions, though doing so means that Harkon definitely needs to be in the second Chimera to fit Varuck's Servitor.

Honestly, though, Varuck doesn't mind going with the damaged Chimera. If nothing else, he's an absurdly tough bastard and mostly immune to environmental poisons. He can walk home if absolutely necessary.

Caimheul
2013-05-23, 03:53 PM
The Mysterious Device (tm) is actually not all that heavy at all. Large briefcase-sized and carryable in one hand. If you're worried about it we can switch Varuck and Kaitlin's positions, though doing so means that Harkon definitely needs to be in the second Chimera to fit Varuck's Servitor.

Honestly, though, Varuck doesn't mind going with the damaged Chimera. If nothing else, he's an absurdly tough bastard and mostly immune to environmental poisons. He can walk home if absolutely necessary.

I get the feeling the rebels are headed this way FOR that device... But if it's that portable then shouldn't be an issue. Varuck can also nurse the wounded machine spirit along, so makes sense thematically. Alright, I think we have our list, provided Harkon isn't the better driver.

Lycan 01
2013-05-23, 04:13 PM
Don't we have a lascannon? Isn't it possible to mount it on the pintel? That would give us a major boost in firepower, and turn one of the Chimera's into a full-on anti-armor beast.

RandomLunatic
2013-05-23, 04:14 PM
Even if Cronyn is a better driver than Harkon, he can still be slotted onto the hull gun to free up Torin to take one of the autocannon.

For that matter, what is the Tallahan's vehicle armed with? Same loadout as the Nox?

DaedalusMkV
2013-05-23, 04:23 PM
Even if Cronyn is a better driver than Harkon, he can still be slotted onto the hull gun to free up Torin to take one of the autocannon.

For that matter, what is the Tallahan's vehicle armed with? Same loadout as the Nox?

Varuck is a better shot with the Autocannons than Torin, thanks to his MIU. In fact, the only person in the squad who is more accurate on a turret mount than Varuck is Cronyn, and then only by a small amount.

You're right about the Hull Flamer though. If you want Torin doing something else, it makes sense to me. If nothing else he could man the emplaced lasguns to deal with any dismounted infantry or fire his Grenade Launcher out the top hatch.

Also, I'm pretty sure that we can't pintle-mount the Lascannon, but we certainly can fire it out of the top hatch if we need to. It does take major penalties on firing if the vehicle moves too fast, but is every bit as effective as a pintle-mounted weapon would be, though it does open people in the passenger compartment to being hit by Called Shots.

RandomLunatic
2013-05-23, 05:05 PM
Varuck is a better shot with the Autocannons than Torin, thanks to his MIU. In fact, the only person in the squad who is more accurate on a turret mount than Varuck is Cronyn, and then only by a small amount.

Absolutely true. Varuck is good where he is. Torin is, however, a better shot then Kaitlin, so if we go purely by the numbers, he would be better on the Nox's turret gun than she would be.

LeSwordfish
2013-05-23, 07:33 PM
Harkon has agility 35 and Operate +10.

RandomLunatic
2013-05-23, 10:33 PM
So Cronyn is two points better, for whatever that is worth.

Does anybody know if the base -10 penalty all tracked vehicles take on tests involving Maneuverability is factored into the Chimera's base +0 Maneuverability rating?

Caimheul
2013-05-24, 08:18 AM
So Cronyn is two points better, for whatever that is worth.

Does anybody know if the base -10 penalty all tracked vehicles take on tests involving Maneuverability is factored into the Chimera's base +0 Maneuverability rating?

When Harkon fails a roll by 2 points, then it will matter, but until then, that's good enough :smalltongue:. We'll likely benefit more from Cronyn's BS than his driving ability.

EDIT: If we swap Kora for Cronyn, then she "benefits" from the decreased manoeuvrability/speed/whatever effect the damage had for lascannon shooting, and the Nox isn't tempted to slow down to increase her accuracy. Also free Kat up for use as a guard.

watupwithdat
2013-05-26, 06:40 PM
I'm sorry that I've been a bit inactive this past week due to various things. However, as I was getting to become active again, the modem part of my router decided to stop working this weekend, and as I'm not getting a replacement until some time this week (tuesday, I hope) it'll be a few more days without any active posting by me.

I can only use my crappy mobile plan as a modem thether, something which drains money like it's silly, so I'll only be able to post very infrequently, if at all, until then. I'll see what I can manage.

IC my character as needed (tag-along and so on).

Starbin
2013-05-28, 05:53 PM
Okay, so Kora is on the 'used' chimera as the driver?

watupwithdat
2013-05-29, 11:30 AM
I've got internet again. I'll go through what I've missed and post later today (got lots to catch up on >_<).

Caimheul
2013-05-29, 12:19 PM
Okay, so Kora is on the 'used' chimera as the driver?

Sorry for confusion, Kora swaps over to use her Lascannon out of the top of it, Harkon (NPC spare driver) Is going to be driving it.

LeSwordfish
2013-05-29, 01:10 PM
Alright so:

Nox Noctis
Doyle+comrade
Wolfe+comrade
Varuck+servitor
Tallahan
Kaitlyn

Other Chimera
Harkon
Cronyn+comrade
Kora
Montru

I'll go with that for now, please correct me if i'm wrong. The other chimera is slightly less well-armed, with a heavy bolter instead of an autocannon.

Exams are over now! Thank you all for being so patient and bearing with me.

Other things to deal with: does anybody have contact info for Kiaslu? I'm starting to get worried about them, as they've not posted in quite some time, and PM's have elicited no response.

RandomLunatic
2013-05-29, 01:16 PM
At least tell me the other Chimera's Bolter is Twin-Linked.

LeSwordfish
2013-05-29, 01:18 PM
Sorry, nope.

Caimheul
2013-05-29, 02:16 PM
At least tell me the other Chimera's Bolter is Twin-Linked.

Sorry, nope.

In that case I'm even happier we put Kora in that one to provide anti armour capabilities!

Starbin
2013-05-29, 02:27 PM
Well, is that Kora+comrade? :smallbiggrin:

LeSwordfish
2013-05-29, 02:46 PM
Yes, sorry.

LeSwordfish
2013-06-03, 04:25 PM
For those of you not in my other game, a note: I'm considering Kiaslu AWOL, and will be NPCing their character until death/the end of the mission.

Which means, i guess, a toughness test: [roll0] vs 40.

Starbin
2013-06-03, 06:11 PM
hmm, toughness test (TN 53): [roll0]

RandomLunatic
2013-06-03, 07:22 PM
Amazing. I do not think Torin has managed to pass a single test on anything except BS.

DaedalusMkV
2013-06-03, 10:02 PM
Pretty sure that Varuck isn't in the second Chimera, Random, so that plea isn't likely to accomplish all that much... :smallfrown:

On the other hand, I hope the Tallahans are squirming. I'd be very, very happy if one of them broke and revealed their black-market contact...

Starbin
2013-06-06, 02:10 PM
Still around ... just waiting to see if Kora sees anything to shoot at.

Oh, I'll be on vacation (see my sig), but I'll post when I can!

Game on!

LeSwordfish
2013-06-12, 03:36 PM
Some secret rolls:

[roll0][roll1][roll2]

Starbin
2013-06-12, 09:34 PM
Awareness (TN 16): [roll0]. Like there's much of a chance ...

DaedalusMkV
2013-06-12, 09:38 PM
Varuck rolls Awareness as well, with similar lack of hope of success...

[roll0] Edit: :smalleek:

Varuck is too busy hugging his briefacse full of Tech to notice trifling things like whatever happens to be right in front of his face.

Lycan 01
2013-06-12, 09:42 PM
Oh right, forgot to test Awareness.

[roll0] vs 13

Caimheul
2013-06-13, 04:20 PM
*Sigh*, guess it's up to me :smalltongue: [roll0] TN 40

Lycan 01
2013-06-22, 04:38 AM
*pokes game with a stick*

What's the prognosis on this poor game, folks? I've already lost a couple this week. I'd hate to lose another... :smallfrown:

LeSwordfish
2013-06-22, 05:02 AM
I've had a sudden burst of busywork: i'm planning on writing the next post on the train today.

Lycan 01
2013-06-22, 05:29 AM
No worries. If you're just busy with stuff, feel free to take your time. I just wasn't sure what the situation was. Thought I'd check and be sure...

LeSwordfish
2013-06-23, 03:13 PM
Alright lets do some rolling.

The enemy gets Surprise, thanks to a combination of Plot and those appalling rolls, and opens fire. Wolfe's success and the auspex

The griffon fires a heavy mortar at Nox Noctis: [roll0] to hit, [roll1] scatter or [roll2] scatter in [roll3] direction, possible damage [roll4], pen 3 It misses, and misses completely.

The special surprise does special things: [roll5] [roll6] And does them well.

And then initiative:

Doyle [roll7]
Cronyn [roll8]
Kora [roll9]
Wolfe [roll10]
Varuck [roll11]
Montru [roll12]
Harkon [roll13] So you guys, then Harkon and the enemies, then back to you.

Special Surprise [roll14]
Griffon [roll15]
Chimerae [roll16]

Map in a minute, IC in two minutes.

Something that it would be super helpful for everyone to do is to just put their initiative in their character sheets. I honestly just rounded you all to 11 because i'm tired right now. Sorry.

LeSwordfish
2013-06-23, 03:45 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13673854/RPG/mapvehiclecombat.png

Map at link above. You are the two vehicles near the top: the griffon and two hicmeras are at the bottom. Yellow is sand dunes that block LOS, grey is buildings that do the same thing. One square = 5 meters. Simplest thing to do is round distances to the nearest 5m interval, I think.

A note on my tardiness: I'm pretty active in local theatre, and am a general dogsbody for several groups of young people, meaning occasionally I get called up at the last minute "hey, we need somebody to sort out the lights for Annie, and to help the kids get in costume", in which case I suddenly get long working days out of nowhere. In addition this weekend i've been running playtests for a group of Team Fortress 2 Mappers doing a 72hr contest, so i've been busy. This is no excuse for not keeping you informed though, for which I apologise.

Must go now, got a 32-man server of people tugging my elbow. :smallsmile:

RandomLunatic
2013-06-23, 03:49 PM
Which Chimera is the Noctis and which is the Tallahan's?

LeSwordfish
2013-06-23, 04:10 PM
Nox noctis is the one slightly ahead. Sorry, will clarify that in future.

RandomLunatic
2013-06-23, 04:32 PM
Also, which way leads to the main force? Currently, I am looking at this as more of an escape than a fight encounter.

Unless we can get the Cadians to lend us some Earthshaker fire missions. Then going on the offensive becomes a lot more attractive.:smallamused:

LeSwordfish
2013-06-23, 04:40 PM
The "bottom" board edge is in the direction of the main force. Simply crossing the board edge won't be an escape in itself, of course.

Starbin
2013-06-24, 04:56 PM
And then initiative:

Doyle [roll7]
Cronyn [roll8]
Kora [roll9]
Wolfe [roll10]
Varuck [roll11]
Montru [roll12]
Harkon [roll13] So you guys, then Harkon and the enemies, then back to you.

Something that it would be super helpful for everyone to do is to just put their initiative in their character sheets. I honestly just rounded you all to 11 because i'm tired right now. Sorry.

Three things - 1) You want us all to post at anytime, or wait for everyone in particular? I'm guessing that what we see on the map is fair game to post about ...
2) I'm thinking Harkon has higher than a +1 Ag or Int bonus - we have 6 folks with Combat Formation, so he should get a +6 to his rolls too, right?
3) Here's a table with everyone's solo/group initiatives ... heck, if you like, you can use it to replace your list on the first page:

{table=head]Player|Character|Companion|Solo Init|Squad Init
Caimheul|Medicae-Sgt Wolfe (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14504912&postcount=3)|Corpsman Mord|+8|+13
watupwithdat|Sniper Cronyn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14504254&postcount=2)|Spotter Trenn|+5|+10
RandomLunatic|Flame-trooper Montru (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14506201&postcount=13)|Trooper Dunham|+6|+12
Starbin|Lascannon-Trooper Cheldruk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14930966&postcount=401)|Trooper Delveccio|+7|+12
Lycan 01|Operator Doyle (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14986018&postcount=475)|Trooper Gunz|+7|+12
DaedalusMkV|Enginseer Varuck (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14506001&postcount=8)|Servitor Iota-24601|+5|+10
Major Kiaslu|Stormtrooper Noalis (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14931080&postcount=402)|None|+7|+12
NPC|Driver Harkon|None|?|?+6[/table]

RandomLunatic
2013-06-24, 05:18 PM
Actually, with the full Combat Formation bonuses, initiative is easy-everybody rolls either +13 with Paranoia or +11 without.

If the squad's full Combat Formation bonus does not apply for some reason, then things become really hard.

Also, IDK about anybody else, but I am just waiting for orders. Especially since there is not a whole lot Torin can be doing right now.

Starbin
2013-06-24, 05:28 PM
Not actually. Unless I've misread the rules, we have a group with +12 (folks with 4 Ag or Int, combat formation, and paranoia); a couple with +10 (no paranoia); and one with a +13 (cuz Wolfe is the MAN with a 50 Int).

Now, if Combat Formation doesn't apply when you're by yourself, things change slightly for solo initiatives, but the squad initiative shouldn't change.

Lycan 01
2013-06-24, 05:35 PM
I'm just waiting for orders since Doyle probably shouldn't try winging it. He's a driver, not a strategist. :smalltongue:

LeSwordfish
2013-06-24, 06:00 PM
Don't post in init order, post whenever. Thanks for that table, too!

Torin has very little to do, yes: would you like to choose Harkon's actions for him?

DaedalusMkV
2013-06-24, 08:46 PM
Not actually. Unless I've misread the rules, we have a group with +12 (folks with 4 Ag or Int, combat formation, and paranoia); a couple with +10 (no paranoia); and one with a +13 (cuz Wolfe is the MAN with a 50 Int).

Now, if Combat Formation doesn't apply when you're by yourself, things change slightly for solo initiatives, but the squad initiative shouldn't change.

Combat Formation means that everybody uses Wolfe's mad 50 Int for the purposes of Init bonuses, IIRC.

RandomLunatic
2013-06-24, 10:21 PM

Combat Formation means that everybody uses Wolfe's mad 50 Int for the purposes of Init bonuses, IIRC.
This. Since nobody has managed a +6 Agility bonus, everybody starts with Wolfe's +5 and adds however many iterations of Combat formation currently apply and Paranoia, if they have it.

It is when the squad fragments that things are going to get obnoxious.

Don't post in init order, post whenever. Thanks for that table, too!

Torin has very little to do, yes: would you like to choose Harkon's actions for him?
I would, thank you, but I am still waiting on Caim for orders.

LeSwordfish
2013-06-25, 03:23 AM
Caim's posting rate has dropped a fair bit (I have no right to complain myself, of course); I would suggest just going ahead and making Wolfe order you to do whatever you were doing anyway.

RandomLunatic
2013-06-25, 02:40 PM
Alright, then what exactly can I see? Is the mortar's muzzle flash visible to everybody, or just Cronyn? And are those vehicles on the map because they are showing up on auspex or what?

LeSwordfish
2013-06-25, 03:12 PM
Yeah, the vehicles are on the auspex.

DaedalusMkV
2013-06-25, 05:22 PM
Varuck isn't currently operating any vehicle-mounted weaponry and has no other means of damaging a vehicle without walking up and carving a hole in its rear armour with his Power Axe (which would be a slow and inefficient method at best...), so I'm going to go ahead and wait for orders/to see what everyone else does.

Caimheul
2013-06-28, 08:45 AM
Caim's posting rate has dropped a fair bit (I have no right to complain myself, of course); I would suggest just going ahead and making Wolfe order you to do whatever you were doing anyway.

Sorry about that. Was getting married and now am getting ready for honeymoon. Should still be able to post, but not nearly as often as I used to (at least until late July).

Starbin
2013-06-28, 09:50 AM
I figured it was about that time - CONGRATULATIONS!

And welcome to the dark side ... may the gods have mercy on your soul!

Lycan 01
2013-06-28, 04:13 PM
Oh hey, congratulations! :smallbiggrin:

Now, tactically speaking, how big are the sand dunes on the left side of the map? I'm thinking we can move the Nox behind them if they're tall enough to obscure us from view. Hopefully that'll buy us us some time. Pity we don't have Electro-Vox Warfare or something to scramble their Auspexes with.

It'll also allow us to swing around and attack them from the bottom left. A frontal assault through the town would be... unwise.

LeSwordfish
2013-06-29, 03:38 AM
The sand dunes and buildings provide complete cover: the dunes with sufficient AP to block any attack on target, the buildings with 18AP

RandomLunatic
2013-06-29, 05:08 PM
Can we drive on the dunes, or are they too steep for that?

Lycan 01
2013-06-29, 05:24 PM
Probably not a good idea, as it makes us a more tempting target as we crest the hill. Our weapons' range and level of elevation will be moving around and jostling too much for us to really get good shots in, while they could easily line up shots as we crest and descend. :smalleek:

RandomLunatic
2013-06-29, 05:31 PM
I am aware of the hazards "cresting" vehicles face.

I am equally aware of the hazards of trying to force obvious chokepoints, and the value of totally blindsiding the enemy.

LeSwordfish
2013-06-30, 02:46 AM
Driving on/over the dunes will require a -10 Drive test, but can be done.

LeSwordfish
2013-07-08, 09:52 AM
Kora: J9? That's an empty square, unless I'm reading the map differently.

Starbin
2013-07-08, 10:38 AM
Well, RandomLunatic had Harkon drive to J9 ... so what I was asking is our LOS to the bottom enemy vehicle (U23, I think). Does that make sense?

LeSwordfish
2013-07-08, 10:55 AM
Ah, fair enough.

From J9, you get a -20 to hit due to the cover in the way- the lascannon will rip open the building like paper, but you can't actually SEE the tank.

watupwithdat
2013-07-08, 02:11 PM
Remind me, on which vehicle did Cronyn act the gunner? The stolen one? And what inferior weapon was mounted on it? :smalltongue:

In any case, it would seem the Lascannon is our best anti-vehicle weapon.

RandomLunatic
2013-07-08, 02:38 PM
"Sniper Cronyn, on the Not-Noctis, with the (single) Heavy Bolter."

LeSwordfish
2013-07-08, 02:45 PM
Alright, just waiting on confirmation on Kora's lascannon shot before a GM update. I assume Cronyn's not up to much, with just a heavy bolter?

watupwithdat
2013-07-08, 02:47 PM
"Sniper Cronyn, on the Not-Noctis, with the (single) Heavy Bolter."

Had a feeling that was it. :smallbiggrin:

Alright, just waiting on confirmation on Kora's lascannon shot before a GM update. I assume Cronyn's not up to much, with just a heavy bolter?

Nope! Just trying to see **** through the sand. Not seeming to work very well judging by that perception test.

Edit: Though I supposed one could assume he's readying an action to shoot something which can be hurt by a heavy bolter, i.e. soft targets.

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-08, 03:08 PM
Hah, our Lascannon and our Heavy Flamer jam right in the middle of the fight. What solid luck!

Does Kora have any Fate points left? 'Cause spending 3 rounds with our best AT weapon out of the fight unjamming doesn't sound like happy times...

Starbin
2013-07-08, 03:09 PM
Uh ... if that's a jam, then I suppose I will use a fate point ... cuz 100 seems pretty bad.

If it is just a miss, then nevermind.

Fate point reroll: [roll0]

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-08, 03:15 PM
Any roll of 96-100 on a BS test with a weapon that can jam results in a jam.

So yeah, probably for the best that that doesn't happen, even if that reroll doesn't hit.

LeSwordfish
2013-07-08, 03:53 PM
That would jam, yes.

Montru 21- Jams the flamer. Nice job breaking it, hero.
Kora 19- Lascannon at the lower chimera. 36 damage, penetration 10. The building provides 25 cover, so the chimera takes 21 damage, pen 10. for a total of 9 damage to the side.
Cronyn 16- Sits on his thumbs. I'll call it a "Delay" action, shall I?
Wolfe 15- Without either of the sargeant advances, that command test doesn't do much i'm afraid.
Doyle 13- Drives
Varuck [12- Helpful advice.
Harkon 10 Drives to J9

Griffon 8([roll0] to hit)([roll1]or[roll2][roll3] scatter) ([roll4]Damage) (misses)
Special Surprise 7 secret stuff
Chimerae 4 Bottom chimera attempts to Flat Out. Operate test [roll5], moves 5 squares +1 per degree of success: +2 square. Operate test to cross the dune: [roll6] -20, for each DOF reduce distance by one, successfully crosses dune, Topmost chimera makes a full action Tactical Move.

EDIT: Map (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13673854/RPG/Armoured%20Fist/mission2/mapvehiclecombat_turn3.png)

RandomLunatic
2013-07-08, 04:39 PM
I got 40 damage for the Lascannon shot-the 2 gets bumped to a 3 thanks to Proven, and then add all the numbers up.

Unfortunately, since she was shooting from a vehicle that moved twice it's tactical speed, she takes a -20 and misses. Sorry-if I had known we had a shot, I would have moved slower.

Also, do I really need to reload the flamer after I fix it? The "lose clip on jam" rule makes no freaking sense whatsoever.

watupwithdat
2013-07-08, 05:02 PM
If necessary - RF: [roll2], RF dam: [roll3]

RF doesn't explode into new damage dice in OW/BC, instead it's a 1d5 critical hit table to the hit location (unless we've houseruled it for this game? I can't remember if that's the case.)

Though it doesn't change anything since it's a miss as RandomLunatic points out.

Starbin
2013-07-08, 05:50 PM
Well golly, guys, thanks for pointing that out! :smalltongue:

So count it a miss and call it good.

As for no RF, okay ... I'll stop rolling that from now on.

And yes, I forgot the +10 ... good catch!

LeSwordfish
2013-07-09, 03:32 AM
Sorry, will edit the IC. In addition, i'm ruling that in THIS case, the jam doesn't ruin the clip. I can't speak for how guns work (even less for how lasguns work) but I can't see any way a jamming flamer would ruin a whole tank of fuel.

Starbin
2013-07-09, 09:16 AM
It would seem that at worst, you are reloading the same canister ... i.e., you remove the 'clip' to clear the pathway, then have to put it back in.

RandomLunatic
2013-07-09, 03:03 PM
I cannot speak for Lasguns, since they, y'know, do not exist, but the operator of slug firearms, assuming they give the weapon proper maintainence, can clear over 99% of all jams with "Tap, rack, bang" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tap_rack_bang), which notably does not ruin the entire magazine.

TBH, I am not even sure how you jam a flamethrower, unless it is kinking or holing the lines that feed to the fuel tank. Or the pilot light goes out, but I would expect an army that uses lasers as its main weapon to be able to produce an electronically-ignited flamethrower that would not have that problem.

Also, is there a reason Salo has not been responding? Or does he just not like Torin for some reason?:smalleek:

LeSwordfish
2013-07-09, 03:17 PM
Because I forgot, that's why. Will edit it in.

RandomLunatic
2013-07-09, 03:25 PM
Thought as much. We were talking to him earlier, so I figured it was not vox failure, but I wanted to be sure.

LeSwordfish
2013-07-09, 03:30 PM
Done. Sorry.

If it's vox failure or something I will try to say.

Caimheul
2013-07-17, 09:04 AM
Usually a jam (from my own experience) is due to a faulty round, improper ejection/extraction of the previously fired round, or improper feeding of the next round. "Tap, rack, bang" tends to fix any of those problems. Easy enough to explain for a lasgun, minor corrosion on the charge pack that needs to be shaken loose, or the charge pack has worked its way loose. As for a flamer... I would guess either a clogged nozzle (easy enough to fix I would assume), or not enough pressure (which would require a valve to be adjusted?), but honestly IDK.

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-17, 03:37 PM
Varuck has nothing to say or do just right now, unfortunately.

I'd say the most likely explanation for a flamethrower jamming is line failure, either a clog or loss of pressure, yeah. Most likely reason by far would be contaminated fuel, which would explain why you lose the whole tank; no point putting the same tank of stuff back in that gummed up the works last time, after all. That's just my $.02, though. They're really simple devices at the end of the day, and should really probably have Reliable in this game.

Lycan 01
2013-07-22, 01:00 PM
Do we have a map for the current situation? Or is it still the same from last time? I dunno if I need to have Doyle do another driving action or something, or if we're still on the same turn where he's already acted.

Or has this game croaked? :smalltongue:

LeSwordfish
2013-07-22, 01:13 PM
I'm still here, was just about to get a reminder up. I need Doyle's actions at least before i can update- plus Kora should roll lascannon shots herself, rather than me doing it. Better to roll and have to retcon than to trust me to get all the bonuses right.

There should be a map in the last big OOC post.

Much as vehicle-to-vehicle combat is fun, i feel that fundamentally having only half the players able to actually play is not good (even giving you the spare chimera is only so helpful). Good to remember for next time.

Lycan 01
2013-07-22, 01:42 PM
Would Doyle be able to tell on the Auspex that one of the tanks is climbing the other dune? And how tall is the dune we're currently behind? Like, would we be in total cover until we swing around from behind it?

LeSwordfish
2013-07-22, 01:59 PM
Unless I explicitly say, feel free to assume any information on the map is information you have IC. So yes, you can tell its climbing. As for the dune you're behind, it covers all of you but the turret.

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-22, 02:56 PM
Varuck can totally contribute, as long as he somehow gets into range to take his Power Axe to their side or rear armour. Pen 8 works wonders on 20-point rear armour, after all. Otherwise... Yeah, there are a few of us not in any real position to contribute here. The combined arms battles give a lot more flexibility in that regard, since our infantry are more efficient engaging enemy infantry than the Nox is regardless.

Perhaps I'll look into picking up a Melta, to help out with this sort of scenario.

Lycan 01
2013-07-22, 03:04 PM
Yeah, if this was an urban combat situation or something, we'd probably have a lot more tactical options to drop off our infantry and have them run around getting to cover and taking shots.

Buuuut out in the middle of the desert? With a heavy cannon dropping doom-mortars on us? Yeah, dropping infantry out right now would probably be a bad idea, since there's no real cover for them to use. :smalleek:

Starbin
2013-07-22, 03:19 PM
:smallbiggrin:Oh, I'll roll, but I didn't want another -40 to my attack (-20 for no visibility and -20 for on the move). So she's waiting until either a) we stop; b) we can see the foe clearly; or c) both! :smallbiggrin:

RandomLunatic
2013-07-22, 03:51 PM
Well, I slowed the not-Noctis to just tactical speed, so the penalty drops to -10. And we might be able to see the thing over the dune now, IDK.

Starbin
2013-07-23, 01:16 PM
So LeSwordfish, can we draw a line of fire to the enemy vehicles from the second Chimera? If so, Kora can take a -10 shot well enough ...

LeSwordfish
2013-07-23, 02:03 PM
Yes, you can see it. Its got better LOS to you, since you're stopped and it's high up. However, Kora can't take an Aim action: She's delaying her shot until the middle of the chimera's turn, and Delay now turns a full action into a half action IIRC.

LeSwordfish
2013-07-25, 03:10 PM
Montru 21- Unjams the flamer. Nice job fixing it, hero.
Kora 19- Delays, fires Lascannon at the lower chimera. BS42+5 (Custom Grip)+10 (Single Shot)+10 (Short Rng)+5 (Comrade) -20 (visibility)= TN 52 [roll0] to hit, [roll1] damage, (for 32 damage to the side, total damage 41, which means a crit of 6)[roll2] critical effect.-in next post
Cronyn 16- No action. Once again, lets call it a "delay."
Wolfe 15- Nothing
Doyle 13- Drives
Varuck 12- Nothing
Harkon 10 Drives to I12

Tallahan: Readies a krak rocket.

LeSwordfish
2013-07-25, 03:51 PM
The lower chimera is hit by the lascannon, takes a 6 crit to the hull, and "a small explosion" hits it. 1: crew are hit, 2: passengers are hit. [roll0].

If crew are hit, one takes 3 damage (total 9), other takes 4 (total 10). Both have soaks of 4, so they take 5 and 6 damage respectively.

If passengers (more heavily armoured, with soaks of 6) are hit, they take 3, 4, [roll1], [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] damage

Tests to not catch fire: [roll5] 4 passengers are ignited, including both special weapon troopers.

If the two crewmembers are both unburnt, the chimera continues on over the hill and turns to present Nox Noctis with more of its front armor. If not it continues straight on (since Kora's shot is hitting it mid-turn)

The Griffon reloads.

The other chimera deploys its troops. They move to the dune's crest (so they benefit from its cover to all but head and arms) and ready their weapons- four lasguns, a heavy stubber, and a missile tube.

The special surprise reveals itself (as will be discussed IC). Anyone who wants can choose to spend a half turn pinpointing the snipers- make an awareness check at +10, or use the auspex. (A successful tech-use test at +10 reveals their location)

RandomLunatic
2013-07-25, 04:50 PM
Nice shot Kora!

And now the Chimera has to test to avoid catching fire itself. Somebody is not having a good day.:smalltongue:

Starbin
2013-07-25, 05:28 PM
Whew - thank goodness I didn't have to roll that :smallsmile:

Sorry about the delay - I'm currently on the land of no wireless, so cellphone only. But I'm still here and interested!

watupwithdat
2013-07-28, 08:37 AM
The special surprise reveals itself (as will be discussed IC). Anyone who wants can choose to spend a half turn pinpointing the snipers- make an awareness check at +10, or use the auspex. (A successful tech-use test at +10 reveals their location)

Snipers seems relevant to Cronyn's interests. Awareness: [roll0] vs 43.

RandomLunatic
2013-07-28, 02:31 PM
Are we going to get a map?

Also, you seem to have the staffing backwards. Harkon, Torin, Cronyn, and Kora are in the borrowed Chimera, with everybody else, including the Tallahan, in the Noctis.

Lycan 01
2013-07-28, 04:39 PM
Who's on the Nox's turret? Did they not take a shot at the tank as it crested? :smallconfused:

RandomLunatic
2013-07-28, 05:41 PM
That was Kaitlyn. And I think she dropped out.

Lycan 01
2013-07-28, 09:19 PM
Okay, so, if Kora is in the other Chimera, and the Tallahans are in the Nox, and our autogunner is MIA...

Then where does that leave the Nox and the Chimera cresting the hill in front of it? :smalleek:

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-29, 01:20 AM
Oh, that makes it a good thing I haven't posted yet.

Would you like Varuck to take over the operation of the Autocannon? I can easily take on that role, since the only other thing I had to do was try and Auspex out the snipers.

Lycan 01
2013-07-29, 02:20 AM
Yeah, sure. Though we should probably wait for Swordfish to post and clarify who is where and whatnot. I figure you should either try to suppress the snipers, or light up nearest tank. Not sure what condition our nearest vehicular enemy is in right now, though. :smallconfused:

LeSwordfish
2013-07-29, 06:20 AM
Sorry: I got completely confused. I thought Kora was in Nox Noctis with Doyle, and that he was trying to slow to let her get a shot off.

If Kora is in with Montru, I'll rule that Harkon performed the same emergency stop to let her shoot, (so it still hits.) Map when i get back: If Varuck wants to ret-con an autocannon shot into the last turn, you've got a few hours to do it.

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-29, 04:14 PM
Sure, I will. To avoid clutter in the IC, I'll just post it up here.

Retconned Autocannon shot (single fire, on account of the delayed action):

BS Test: [roll0] vs TN 73 (38+10(MIU)+10(Single Shot)+10(Half Range)+20(Enemy Size)+5(Comrade)-20(Visibility)

Damage: [roll1] plus 8, Pen 6. RF: [roll2]

We seem to be hitting their side armour of 22, so there's a decent chance of putting out some serious hurt.

Edit: Hits, 6 points of SI Damage dealt, nothing else special.

LeSwordfish
2013-07-29, 06:55 PM
Which chimera are you shooting at? That's a pretty nasty crit on the lower one.

DaedalusMkV
2013-07-29, 08:44 PM
I think I only have LOS to the bottom one, actually. The other one's behind a hill, so I'd be suffering a much larger penalty to hit against it.

RandomLunatic
2013-08-02, 08:16 PM
Still waiting for that map.:smallconfused:

RandomLunatic
2013-08-06, 02:37 PM
Sorry to double post, but Starbin, you have been forgetting the +30 for Target size the whole time you have been shooting that Chimera.

As for me, I still need the map in order to move.:smallannoyed:

Starbin
2013-08-06, 02:58 PM
But ... but ... but ... that would mean I hit! And it would also mean I would've hit on my first shot, too!

I'll update the IC, but suffice to say 47 Pen 10 to those suckers!

LeSwordfish
2013-08-06, 03:10 PM
Sorry for the delay: had a hell of a week, and it's looking to develop into a hell of a month. I will post as often as I can, but i'm afraid this kind of speed could continue until the end of the month at least.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13673854/RPG/mapvehiclecombat_turn4.png

Starbin
2013-08-06, 03:42 PM
I appreciate the head's up - I'd rather that then just sitting around wondering what's going on!

RandomLunatic
2013-08-06, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I appreciate knowing you are trying at least.

BTW, how big are those buildings? High enough to mask a Chimera?

LeSwordfish
2013-08-07, 01:21 AM
Yup, but they don't provide all that much cover.

Lycan 01
2013-08-07, 01:31 AM
How far away are the infantry on that sand-dune? Are they in line-of-sight of the Nox's autocannon? And what are the penalties for firing it while the Nox is moving? :smallconfused:

Edit: Oh, and delays are alright. If you're too busy and stuff, we totally understand. Real life always comes first. :smallsmile:

RandomLunatic
2013-08-08, 12:34 AM
Map scale is 1 square=5 meters.

Apparently the turret can shoot and be shot over the dunes.

-10 if moving up to tactical speed, -20 is moving faster than that.

Caimheul
2013-08-08, 10:46 PM
If I remember properly, the unnamed Chimera has a heavy bolter turret. Might be more useful/better suited to firing on the snipers, especially as it doesn't have any other targets at this time.

watupwithdat
2013-08-10, 03:03 PM
If I remember properly, the unnamed Chimera has a heavy bolter turret. Might be more useful/better suited to firing on the snipers, especially as it doesn't have any other targets at this time.

That's what it's doing. :smallwink:

LeSwordfish
2013-08-18, 02:47 PM
Alright, here we go. Trying to get back into the habit of an update =every other day.

Montru 21- Spots the snipers. If the snipers move, it'll be a opposed stealth vs perception test for anyone looking at them: for now we'll assume anyone Montru can shout to can see them.
Kora 19- turns the lower chimera into a slag heap.
Cronyn 16- firing the bolter at the cliff face. BS-unseen enemy -distance -cover = less than zero
Wolfe 15- Inspiring leadership.
Doyle 13- Drives
Varuck 12- cuddles the box.
Harkon 10 Drives

Lower chimera: bubbles a bit.
Upper chimera: fires its autocannon at the purloined tank. [roll0] to hit, [roll1] [roll2] damage, pen 6
Upper chimera crew: Krak missile! [roll3] to hit, [roll4] damage, pen 8
Snipers: too far away to see what they're doing, I think.

LeSwordfish
2013-08-18, 02:55 PM
I think that's a miss from the autocannon but a hit from the missile: the stolen chimera takes 7 SI damage.

RandomLunatic
2013-08-18, 03:18 PM
How? 20 pen 8 is just going to bounce off the Chimera's front armor, and there is no way in heck they have a flank shot.

LeSwordfish
2013-08-18, 03:29 PM
Depends what angle you're taking as you're heading through the square- i think if it is a flank shot it passes through a building, so never mind, no damage.

Map soon. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13673854/RPG/mapvehiclecombat_turn5.png

DaedalusMkV
2013-08-19, 12:57 AM
Do we have line of sight to either of the enemy vehicles from the Nox? Ideally unobstructed, but anything that isn't completely unlikely to work will do for me.

watupwithdat
2013-08-21, 03:34 PM
With that suppressive fire from the heavy bolter 2 hits connect to randomly determined people in the kill zone for [roll0]+8, Pen 5 and [roll1]+8, Pen 5.

If the Spotter Aim bonus applies then a 3rd hit connects for [roll2]+8, Pen 5.

Any RF in order: [roll3]

Edit: Crap, wrote b2 instead of b1. :smallannoyed:

Results:

Hit 1: 14 dmg, Pen 5

Hit 2: 14 dmg, Pen 5

Possible Hit 3: 17 dmg, Pen 5.

LeSwordfish
2013-09-01, 12:36 PM
Montru 21- Spots the snipers. Delays a flamethrower shot: I'll work that out later.
Kora 19- No shot.
Cronyn 16- firing the bolter at the cliff face. Actually hits stuff, too- so much for sniper vs sniper. -10 to hit for prone, no spotter bonus (Only applies with Accurate bonus), only means one hit. Cover of 5 means 7 damage to one sniper: dodge roll [roll0]
Wolfe 15- Suppressing infantry. Rolls below.
Doyle 13- Drives
Harkon 10- Drives

Infantry
{table="head"]---|-Lasguy-|-lasguy-|-lasguy-|-missile-|-Loader-|-Lasguy-|-Sniper-|-Sniper-
Suppression | [roll1] | [roll2] | [roll3] | [roll4] | [roll5] | [roll6] | [roll7]
Health|11|11|11|11|11|11|4 | 11
To hit| - | -| - | [roll8] | reloading | - | -
Damage| - | -| - | [roll9] | reloading | - | -
[/table]

Upper chimera: fires its autocannon at the purloined tank. [roll10] to hit, [roll11] [roll12] damage, pen 6
Griffon: [roll13] to hit, [roll14] [roll15] scatter
Snipers: Keep on keeping on

LeSwordfish
2013-09-01, 12:45 PM
Forgot a suppression roll: [roll0]

So, the Missile misses, as does the shell, and the sniper and two guys are pinned. The autocannon hits but does no damage (Unless the map shows no cover.)

LeSwordfish
2013-09-01, 12:55 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/leai8vjmrmssugm/mapvehiclecombat_turn5.png Map!

Caimheul
2013-09-10, 10:46 AM
One hit apparently: [roll0]

RandomLunatic
2013-09-13, 11:31 PM
@Starbin: The enemy Chimera has been pasting us with autocannon shells for the last two turns, so I would assume you have a shot. In fact, I am going to bring Not-Noctis around for a nice peek at the enemy's rear.

EDIT: I think you got the link wrong. Both http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15846598&postcount=892 (this) and this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15938330&postcount=897) link to the the Turn 5 map, which was last turn's.

Starbin
2013-09-14, 12:05 AM
Montru 21- Spots the snipers. Delays a flamethrower shot: I'll work that out later.
Kora 19- No shot.
Cronyn 16- firing the bolter at the cliff face. Actually hits stuff, too- so much for sniper vs sniper. -10 to hit for prone, no spotter bonus (Only applies with Accurate bonus), only means one hit. Cover of 5 means 7 damage to one sniper: dodge roll [roll0]
Wolfe 15- Suppressing infantry. Rolls below.
Doyle 13- Drives
Harkon 10- Drives

Well, here I was told no shot, after I asked if I had line of sight in my IC post. So that's why I'm a little confused ...

Lycan 01
2013-09-19, 03:08 AM
Sorry for not posting. I've had a bit on my plate as of late, and my posting hasn't been up to snuff. I also kinda thought this game was dead for a bit. ^.^;

I would post now, but as RandomLunatic pointed out, the old map is still the "current" one. I'm not sure where the Nox is, so I don't know where to move us to, or what speed to use. :smallconfused:

LeSwordfish
2013-09-24, 08:17 AM
I hate to say it guys, but i think this is it for this game.

I've got an awful lot on my plate over the next semester, and something's got to give. If enthusiasm for this game was at a super-high I'd try and see what else I could drop, but it's not. (A fair part of that is my fault, yeah.)

I'm very sorry about this. Hopefully when things quiet down in February or so i'll be able to start another game, or carry this one on.

If anyone wants the (very fragmentary) notes i've got for how the campaign would pan out, just say.

Sorry again guys, but I really can't afford the time.

Caimheul
2013-09-24, 09:02 AM
No worries, it happens! I wouldn't mind the notes as I am a bit curious as to what you had planned. :smallsmile:

LeSwordfish
2013-09-24, 09:06 AM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mIID2RdxQ49MhnP2PFT_hcrIvEx6wJU0eSKTPqBlXl0/edit# I've clarified a few things and made one small change.

Starbin
2013-09-24, 06:25 PM
Thanks for trying ... we'll see ya around the yard!

Lycan 01
2013-09-24, 07:40 PM
No hard feelings, man. Real life and work always trump hobby stuff. Thanks for running the game as far as it got, though. :smallsmile:

RandomLunatic
2013-09-24, 09:31 PM
Well, it was great while it lasted!

BTW, the notes are a permission basis-you might want to set them to "open".

LeSwordfish
2013-09-26, 08:33 AM
*slaps forehead*

A excellent note to end on. Made the notes public now.