PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] Most Powerful 30th level Mage

ShadowFireLance
2013-01-10, 12:13 PM
In regards to Power to Buff others Extremely well, What can you all give me?
(No, NO Epic Spells, At all.:smallannoyed:)
Also, What are the best spells in D&D For this task?

docnessuno
2013-01-10, 12:26 PM
The notorious Twice-Betrayer of Shar (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871166/New_Build_and_Challenge:_The_Twice-Betrayer_of_Shar), while only level 20, is a good esample of extreme buffing. It doesn't take epic spells into account, but i wouldn't touch those with a 20ft pole.

ShadowFireLance
2013-01-10, 12:27 PM
The notorious Twice-Betrayer of Shar (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871166/New_Build_and_Challenge:_The_Twice-Betrayer_of_Shar), while only level 20, is a good esample of extreme buffing. It doesn't take epic spells into account, but i wouldn't touch those with a 20ft pole.

Okay, Yeah, I was rushing here because I forgot to Add in no Epic Spells, thanks!

docnessuno
2013-01-10, 12:30 PM
Okay, Yeah, I was rushing here because I forgot to Add in no Epic Spells, thanks!

Note that the build uses Reach / Ocular spell to persist usually forbidden spells, wich is RAW-dubious (as LoP admits).

Urpriest
2013-01-10, 12:32 PM
Buff others, or buff self?

War Weaver is still a fairly unique ability, especially without Epic Spells on the table. At this level you'd probably want Legacy Champion to let it apply to higher level spells, presuming that use of the class is on the table.

I'd advise looking up Team Solars, as they generally set the bar for high level group buffing.

ShadowFireLance
2013-01-10, 12:37 PM
Buffing others please!

Hirax
2013-01-10, 01:05 PM
Wizard2/psion1/wizard+2/metamind10/cerebremancer11/void disciple4

As a psion, you're going to want the power temporal reiteration. It basically makes the duration of all your current buffs (with very broad language regarding what quaifies) not count for a round, and it only has a swift action casting time. Most importantly for you, you can augment this power to make it affect others, so there buffs won't run out, so long as they stay close. Metamind's capstone gives you unlimited power points 1/day for a minute, but if you give up a swift action every round while the capstone is active to cast temporal reiteration, that minute will never run out. In addition to giving you unlimited power points, these gives all your buffs an unlimited duration.

To obtain the maximum number of buffs, be a telepath, and grab the psychic chirurgery power. Dominate other psions, and use this power to also give them the psychic chirurgery power. Now that they have it, they can use it to impart all their known powers to you. This allows you to know all psionic powers, without any of the limitations of an erudite. Then grab the arcane disciple (luck) feat, which allows you to cast miracle. Miracle then can be used to grant you any cleric spell of 8th level or lower, or any spell of 7th level or from any class.

To summarize, this allows you to be buffed with all psionic powers at once, all wizard spells at once, all cleric spells of 8th level or lower at once, and all other spells of 7th level or lower from all classes at once. I believe that means the only things missing are 8th and 9th level wu jen spells, 9th level cleric spells, and 8th and 9th level druid spells. I might recommend grabbing arcane disciple (competition) and arcane disciple (destiny) as well, to be able to have greater visage of the deity, to basically get the half-fiend template for free, and choose destiny, which allows you to roll 2d20 on attacks, skill checks, saves, and ability checks.

Also note that any time you use a magic item that grants you a temporary buff or ability, that buff will never run out. So if there was a 9th level druid spell you wanted as a buff, you could find a scroll of it, activate it, and have its effects never wear out, so long as you could continue to keep using a swift action every round.

I recommend using shapechange to constantly be a chronotyryn, which grants you 2 rounds worth of actions every round, so you'll have 2 swift actions each round, making it not so difficult to give up one every round. Additionally, you can manifest the fission power, which will never run out thanks to temporal reiteration. You fission clone can also cast temporal reiteration, meaning that you and your clone can alternate between being the one to cast it each round, or if the party needs to split up, one group can go with the clone, the other group with the prime.

Why is void disciple in there, you ask? A few times per day it can temporarily grant someone a feat. But because of temporal reiteration, that feat just stays, because its duration never ends. So now you and your party can accumulate every non-ancestor feat, even epic ones. Note that fission states that you and your clone split your remaining uses of daily abilities. When a new day begins, you both have a new set of uses of your abilities. What this means is that after the first day you've made your fission buddy, you're able to generate 4 more feats for the party every day.

ShadowFireLance
2013-01-10, 01:11 PM
:smalleek:
That...Sir...Is awesome, Have a cookie.

Chess435
2013-01-10, 02:09 PM
Hirax, I do believe you have won this thread. Have an internet and a dozen cookies, on the house.

Hirax
2013-01-10, 02:11 PM
/me uses prestidigitation to make the cookies taste like bacon

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-01-11, 09:19 PM
I'm fairly sure that a vanilla Cleric with Improved Spell Capacity 6 and Innate Spell: Miracle would win. I mean, Miracle at will as a Spell-Like ability without any weird class/feat/spell combos.

Of course, if you annoy your god (GM) too often (1/round) he might smite you (use the banhammer).

Norin
2013-01-12, 04:32 AM
What does the term "vanilla" [class] mean?

TroubleBrewing
2013-01-12, 04:47 AM
"Vanilla" in this case refers to a build consisting of a single-classed character. Cleric 30, if you will.

Hirax
2013-01-12, 05:03 AM
I'm fairly sure that a vanilla Cleric with Improved Spell Capacity 6 and Innate Spell: Miracle would win. I mean, Miracle at will as a Spell-Like ability without any weird class/feat/spell combos.

Of course, if you annoy your god (GM) too often (1/round) he might smite you (use the banhammer).

This is a classic, but it's difficult to do that with a single class cleric, due to the number of epic feats required. The Complete Arcane version of innate spell (the most recent) requires that you have 17th level spell slots to take innate spell with miracle. At level 30, here's my favorite way to get the required 8 epic feats for 17th level slots:
wizard5/incantatrix10/chameleon2/somethingfullcaster3/incantatrix9/loremaster1

Take arcane disciple (luck) to get miracle, and you get the benefit of the wizard's superior spell list. Then you can use the your chameleon floating feat to grab innate spell, changing it out to anything else every day. You should be getting an int mod of 25 or higher at level 30, so you'll be getting tons of extra bonus spells due to all those extra spell levels. This effectively grants you unlimited spells of 7th level or lower, and unlimited level 8 cleric spells. With an int mod of 25 you'd be getting 5 bonus level 9 spells and 3 bonus level 17 spells, so you've got slots galore for your higher levels spells, and metamagicing lower level spells. If you could somehow squeeze in one more epic feat, you could also do innate spell for time stop, effectively giving yourself unlimited buffing time.

Vaz
2013-01-12, 08:33 AM
Archivist. 32 Point Buy Lesser Fire Genasi for +2 Int at LA0, for 18 Int/Wis, allocate the rest as see fit.

Potential to know EVERY Spell off EVERY Divine Caster's List, Casting in Mithral Full Plate, or whatever flips your ship.

Combining Shapechange, Righteous Might, Divine Power, Greater Visage of the Diety, Greater Magic Weapon, and all the pizazz.

Edit; you can get PGtF Innate Spell on any spell you know for 3/day Spell Like. Sooo... 3/day Miracle?