PDA

View Full Version : Help selecting cleric spells

zioth
2013-01-10, 12:49 PM
I'm creating a level 26 character using Dread Necromancer, Bone Knight and Rainbow Servant. To balance RS, we've agreed that I get to pick five spells known from each cleric spell level, instead of getting the entire list. I've never played a cleric before, so I'm looking for some advice!

Powerful spells:
What are the must-have spells for a character like this? Remember that I have d4 hit dice, so things like Divine Power are probably less useful for me. Are there metamagic feats I should make sure to have?

Undead:
Most of his undead aren't very powerful, but he will have Epic Leadership, which will help. What are some good ways to support the undead?

Thematically appropriate spells:
This is a GOOD character who raises wicked people to fight for good causes, thus (in his mind) redeeming their souls. He'll be creating non-evil undead using the Consecrate Spell feat. I would like some useful spells which emphasize his good nature.

Thanks for your help!

navar100
2013-01-10, 01:32 PM
Level 1

Bless - every +1 counts. You will lose count how often party members only hit the bad guys because you had cast Bless. Unsure if your undead allies would benefit from the morale bonus. Bless is still useful for party members.

Level 6

Heal & Harm

Heal your living allies and hurt enemy undead
Harm your living opponents and heal allied undead

Level 7

Repulsion - keep living opponents at bay. You should be able to handle opposing constructs or undead who aren't affected.

Holy Word

Level 8

Earthquake - Helps to get rid of pesky opposing mook hordes

Level 9

Miracle - easier to use than Wish
Mass Heal - for your party members and opposing undead hordes.

Qc Storm
2013-01-10, 01:55 PM
Greater Magic Weapon and Magic Vestment are a must, I hear.

Story
2013-01-10, 02:11 PM
Guidance of the Avatar and Divine Insight

Domain Substitution if you get to pick your domain list or get a deity with interesting domains (especially Inquisition and Luck).