PDA

View Full Version : Ways to escape a null magic plane?

urandom
2013-01-10, 02:15 PM
A couple of ideas: use Invoke Magic to use Sending to an ally to get them to gate you out. This requires access to both 9th level arcane spells and 4th level cleric spells and a powerful ally. Another way would be to have a ally true resurrect you after you commit suicide - this is slightly more reasonable because it is a useful contingency to have. Get an ally to check (divination of some sort?) if you are dead and true resurrect you if so.

Any other ways? Preferably something that doesn't require an ally.

silverwolfer
2013-01-10, 02:19 PM
Gate? Pray really hard to your god? Find something local that may have methods of movement? Find yourself a sexy lil thing and make a family .

Chess435
2013-01-10, 02:23 PM
You could always follow the plot rails.....

Someone can wish you out, due to the ''regardless of local conditions'' clause in the transport travelers usage.

Hirax
2013-01-10, 02:25 PM
Arcane disciple (balance) to get dismissal as a 4th level spell. Cast dismissal on yourself via invoke magic. You also get the neutral version of holy word by grabbing that domain. I recommend Lyris as a deity, and also taking the luck, destiny, and competition domains. Not for reasons related to this thread, they're just solid choices that fit that deity. :smallbiggrin:

Darth Stabber
2013-01-10, 02:43 PM
Use SCIENCE!!!
extra text to enable posting

ahenobarbi
2013-01-10, 02:58 PM
Invoke Magic + Sanctum Spell'd Plane Shift ?

urandom
2013-01-10, 03:00 PM
Arcane disciple (balance) to get dismissal as a 4th level spell. Cast dismissal on yourself via invoke magic. You also get the neutral version of holy word by grabbing that domain. I recommend Lyris as a deity, and also taking the luck, destiny, and competition domains. Not for reasons related to this thread, they're just solid choices that fit that deity. :smallbiggrin:

Ah, very nice.

ahenobarbi
2013-01-10, 03:02 PM
Ah. Invoke magic + rope trick => you are in extra dimensional space and can Plane Shift.

demigodus
2013-01-10, 03:09 PM
Initiate of Mystra feat. Come online a lot earlier then invoke magic.

nedz
2013-01-10, 03:29 PM
Complete the quest to find that one location in which magic does work ?

AuraTwilight
2013-01-10, 06:00 PM
Portals can exist even in null magic environments. Find one.

Juntao112
2013-01-10, 06:02 PM
Punch reality so hard that you shatter it and can cross over into a different universe.

herrhauptmann
2013-01-10, 06:21 PM
Punch reality so hard that you shatter it and can cross over into a different universe.
I believe DBZ had people scream really loudly to generate that hole. :smallwink: Granted, that was only a demiplane of some sort.

I'm wondering if the Horizon Walker could get an Alternate Planar Terrain Mastery to cover for this. I'm thinking it might, I mean if it's possible to ignore the dominant alignment of a plane, it should be possible to at least partly ignore impeded magic: Maybe null magic planes become impeded magic, and impeded magic planes become normal magic.

alanek2002
2013-01-11, 01:05 AM
Be a planar shepherd attuned to that plane, and just ignore it's negative effect? (not certain if this works.)

Slipperychicken
2013-01-11, 01:40 AM
For Invoke Magic:

Shadow Well (Magic of Faerun, Sorc/Wiz 4) gets you into the Plane of Shadow for rounds/level, and allows for Plane Shift and similar magic to move you to whatever plane you want. On a funny note, you freak out like a sissy for 1d4 rounds after the duration ends.

Blink and its buddies give you a chance that your spells are cast on the Ethereal plane. Baleful Blink gives you 50%, as opposed to the normal 20%.

TuggyNE
2013-01-11, 02:46 AM
For Invoke Magic:

Shadow Well (Magic of Faerun, Sorc/Wiz 4) gets you into the Plane of Shadow for rounds/level, and allows for Plane Shift and similar magic to move you to whatever plane you want. On a funny note, you freak out like a sissy for 1d4 rounds after the duration ends.

Blink and its buddies give you a chance that your spells are cast on the Ethereal plane. Baleful Blink gives you 50%, as opposed to the normal 20%.

Would either of these work on a plane that's not coexistent with Shadow/Ethereal, though? (For example, a random demiplane from off the Astral.)

Cybris75
2013-01-11, 11:34 AM
Ah. Invoke magic + rope trick => you are in extra dimensional space and can Plane Shift.

Ingenious!

Could you use the lucid dreaming skill to exit the plane in your sleep and influence somebody to wish you out?

Cybris75
2013-01-11, 11:35 AM
Also, psionics, depending on psi/magic transparency

nedz
2013-01-11, 12:21 PM
Put a few ranks into Craft(Dressmaking)
Buy some self coloured fabric
Make yourself a plain shift
?

Ed: Spello - thanks Darth.

Darth Stabber
2013-01-11, 12:47 PM
Put a few ranks into Craft(Dressmaking)
Buy some self coloured fabric
Make yourself a plane shift
?

Boo hiss
plain shift/planeshift

Slipperychicken
2013-01-11, 01:00 PM
Would either of these work on a plane that's not coexistent with Shadow/Ethereal, though? (For example, a random demiplane from off the Astral.)

Shadow well says nothing about coexistence, nor does Blink. It should work anywhere, unless there's some general rule we're missing.

Eldan
2013-01-11, 01:30 PM
Hope that Oceanus/Styx/Yggdrasil/Olympus/Mirrors/Portals/Breaches/Colour pools/the infinite staircase are nearby?

limejuicepowder
2013-01-11, 01:46 PM

I wanted to says this....:smalleek:

Yuki Akuma
2013-01-11, 03:08 PM
Walk to the edge.

hamiltond465
2013-01-11, 03:56 PM
Die and get raised somewhere else?

Clericzilla
2013-01-11, 04:26 PM

You have my vote.

Psyren
2013-01-11, 06:42 PM
The Rope Trick tactic won't work - Invoke Magic affects you, not the rope. You will cast the spell on the rope, which will be suppressed before you can climb it, and then IM will end.

Shadow well says nothing about coexistence, nor does Blink. It should work anywhere, unless there's some general rule we're missing.

It depends on the demiplane - if it's not coexistent to the plane of Shadow or Ethereal, then spells like these won't work. (The general rule is in MotP under variant cosmologies.)