PDA

View Full Version : So many choices...

LanSlyde
2013-01-11, 05:15 AM
So I decided to roll me up an Unseen Seer on the off chance I feel like switching out characters, but as I was finishing it up my other half decided she wanted to play a stealth based character as well. So after some thought I have turned her into a Shadow Pouncer via Telflammar Shadowlord.

However my brain hurts and I can't think of any decent feats to flesh out those last two in the progression.

House ruled that feats are gained at 1st,2nd, and every other level.

Character progression as follows: Rogue3/Ranger2/Assassin2/Shadowlord6/Thug SA Fighter7

Assume the Shadow Walker template has been applied.

(Human) EWP: Eagles Claw (She wanted a curved sword and it looked 'pretty')

(1) Blind-fight

(2) Dodge

(4) Mobility

(Ranger1 (4)) Track

(Ranger2 (5)) Two Weapon Fighting

(6) Spring Attack

(8) Weapon Finesse

(10) Improved TWF

(12) Darkstalker

(14) Greater TWF

(16) Craven

(18) ???

(20) ???

Basically I built these two to a theme, an assassin duo dubbed "The Cloak and Dagger". My character plays the role of "The Cloak", getting use both into and out of range of the mark and generally playing support from the shadows. She plays the role of "The Dagger", being the one to actually take out the mark, she's more melee inclined than mine.

So again, its late, can someone come up with two decent feats to finish this out with? I'll give you an internet cookie if you do.

Darrin
2013-01-11, 07:57 AM
So again, its late, can someone come up with two decent feats to finish this out with? I'll give you an internet cookie if you do.

Staggering Strike (CAdv) and Undo Resistance (Fiendish Codex 2).

Maiming Strike (Exemplars of Evil) is quite nasty if you're evil.

Combat Reflexes and Double Hit (MiniHB) are nice on a TWF build.

LanSlyde
2013-01-11, 10:45 AM
Staggering Strike (CAdv) and Undo Resistance (Fiendish Codex 2).

Maiming Strike (Exemplars of Evil) is quite nasty if you're evil.

Combat Reflexes and Double Hit (MiniHB) are nice on a TWF build.

Well, all decent choices so you win a cookie seeing as how your the only one to respond back in five hours. However, I've decided to just slap in Improved Critical and Telling blow and call it a day.

Vaz
2013-01-11, 11:26 AM
Martial Study, particularly Shadow Hand looks like it'll fit in here thematically.

Shadow Stride; 1/Encounter Move Action Teleport 50ft? I cannot remember Initiator Level requisite for 7th Level Maneuvres but I think it's higher than 10, but if you can get it under 10, then you can get 1/encounter 50ft Teleport as Swift.
Stalker in the Night; 1/Encounter Move, Attack, Move, and if you were hidden at the start and end of the move, you keep the hidden bonuses; essentially 2 Free Sneak Attacks.
Shadow Garotte; 1/Encounter Ranged Touch, 5d6 Damage, DC13+Wis Fort Save or become Flat Footed, more Sneak Attack craic.
Strength Draining Strike; 1/encounter normal melee attack, 4 Str Damage, Dc13+Wis Fort
Shadow Blade Technique; 1/Encounter roll twice to hit, if both hit deal 1d6 Cold Damage (more Sneak Attack damage and accurate?)

You can take Martial Stance if you've taken Martial Study as well;

Opens up;

Assassin's Stance Stance; +2D6 extra Sneak Attack Damage
Child of Shadow; Concealment against Melee/Range if you move 10ft or more

Those are the only two I think are useful, or available out of Shadow Hand, but you can theoretically go with other Schools - remember that you have to have a Strike in the School before you can unlock a Maneuvre;

Devoted Spirit - Martial Spirit (Heal you and an ally 2 HP every time you deal damage), Iron Guard's Glare (Threatened enemies have -4 to hit allies, although thematically fits the "Cloak" more.)
Diamond Mind - Hearing the Air (Blindsight and 30ft Listen), Pearl of Black Doubt (+2 AC each time chosen enemy misses you),
Iron Heart - Absolute Steel (+10 Ft Speed and +2 Dodge AC), Dancing Blade Form (+5ft Reach during your turn), Punishing Stance (-2 AC for +1d6 Melee Damage)
Setting Sun - Giant Killing (+2 Attack and +4 Damage against larger), Shifting Defence (trade Attacks of Opportunity for 5ft Step)
Stone Dragon - Giant's Stance (deal damage as if large)

LanSlyde
2013-01-11, 10:41 PM
Snip

You know I totally forgot about ToB. But your right, grabbing martial study for Shadow Stride then grabbing Martial Stance for Assassincs Stance would probably be more effecting than trying to be a crit fisher.