PDA

View Full Version : Weird Animal Companions (PF)

TopCheese
2013-01-11, 09:18 AM
So I just joined a group that has an Oracle with an animal companion that is an anthropamorphic (Ok I spelled that wrong) wolf.. Essentially making it a Wolf Man who can talk common that has a ton of feats (they are level... 13 ish).

How does one go about making this? Is this even Paizo or is it third party?

Thanks in advance!

shaikujin
2013-01-11, 09:50 AM
Savage Species (from WoTC) does have the stats for an Anthropomorphic Wolf

Edit: Sorry, just saw that this is for PF, I'm not familiar with PF, so I'm not really sure whether Savage Species is allowed/helpful :p

Vaz
2013-01-11, 09:54 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/anthropomorphic-animal?

Just from a quick google, but I don't play PF, so I don't know.

As for Feats, I have no idea. PAOx2, apply above spell? I'd say profit here, but that's getting old.

TopCheese
2013-01-11, 10:15 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/anthropomorphic-animal?

Just from a quick google, but I don't play PF, so I don't know.

As for Feats, I have no idea. PAOx2, apply above spell? I'd say profit here, but that's getting old.

Yeah I saw that spell but he isn't using a spell.

Is there a druid archetype that gives you a halfman halfwolf animal companion?

The wolf's background is that he lived in a villiage for years sooo there is that (he plays the wolfman and a kid who is the "master").

PA0x2?

Vaz
2013-01-11, 10:32 AM
Polymorph Any Object to make the target polymorph into whatever, and then cast it again to make the change permanent. Problem is, requires 2 Spells at 9th Level; so an Int 28 Wizard, basically unless you can get a staff with it, are required so unless they bought a 16th Level Wizard to cast 2 8th Level spells followed by the Druid casting Anthropomorphic Animal at ECL13, just to get a Feat heavy Anthropomorphic Wolf... I'll leave it at that.

Ravens_cry
2013-01-11, 10:41 AM
I'd personally just ask the DM if you can have a wolf with that spell cast on them. It's probably slightly not RAW, but not terribly so as the type doesn't change.

Kobold-Bard
2013-01-11, 10:47 AM
Could he have taken Leadership as a Feat and the wolf man is his Cohort, which he just calls an Animal Companion? That could explain it's power compared to a usual AC.