PDA

View Full Version : Warlords battlecry III (and 1-2)

Darth Stabber
2013-01-11, 04:01 PM
So recently dusted off an old computer of mine and found where I left my wbc3 disk. Started playing again and remembered why i've thrown so many hours at it. Been playing undead with my necromancer, and it is just a ton of fun. I miss the complexity of battlecry 1's heroes, but with all the other stuff added, it's worth it (never played 2)

boj0
2013-01-12, 11:18 AM
Oh gods now this is nostalgia...
I still remember trying to master the Minotaur faction, ending a battle with nothing left but a fully promoted dragon who just burned down everything.

And the original Warlords... ah the Sirian Knights. How I miss thee
Thank you for this thread, I have remembered a better part of my childhood.

Astrella
2013-01-13, 12:21 AM
Ooh! I sank so many hours into these games when I was younger. I remember playing the campaign in the first and having a really high level dryad in my retinue, she was so fast that she could basically clear out entire maps almost on her own.

My favourite one is probably 2 though, nothing beats playing Fey, buying all the upgrades and XP trainings for your units and then just drowning your enemy in a tide of Spriggans. :smallbiggrin:

Darth Stabber
2013-01-15, 09:47 PM
My favourite one is probably 2 though, nothing beats playing Fey, buying all the upgrades and XP trainings for your units and then just drowning your enemy in a tide of Spriggans. :smallbiggrin:

Oh yeah, the old fey buffed up bum rush. It gets really frightening when they start making dragons that begin at lvl 6+. The most amusing defense against it belongs to the undead/dark dwarves, with masses of wraiths/shadows. They start leveling right and left if they can can kill one or two, and they keep healing up from the leveling, it gets sickening, and then they have massively leveled shadows to beat you with. A hero with divination can do the same thing with the spell that causes units to absorb xp, especially with dwarves (berserkers and kazrimi are scary enough without being mega leveled). Without that trick it gets kind of rough, you can try to use lots of towers, but with lvl6+ fairy dragons those come down pretty quick.

Which reminds me of the ever awesome hero hunters that are wraiths/shadows. A mob of wraiths/shadows taking on a hero is fun, you might lose the bulk of them, but one of them is now so tough itms frightening.