PDA

View Full Version : D&D Next Playtest Help

Pyromancer999
2013-01-11, 06:06 PM
So, I finally got together a group for the D&D Next Playtest, and signed up for it, then downloaded the package......and found out that the Warlock and Sorcerer, which according to the information I had were released a while ago, were not in it. In addition to that, one of the players I got will not play anything but a sorcerer. So, does anyone have an idea how I can find those classes and their information?

huttj509
2013-01-11, 07:41 PM
So, I finally got together a group for the D&D Next Playtest, and signed up for it, then downloaded the package......and found out that the Warlock and Sorcerer, which according to the information I had were released a while ago, were not in it. In addition to that, one of the players I got will not play anything but a sorcerer. So, does anyone have an idea how I can find those classes and their information?

The warlock and sorcerer WERE in a playtest release a few months ago (around GenCon). They were then removed to work on a bit in terms of defining what they wanted to do with them, deciding how similar/different from the wizard they should be, etc.

Oblivious
2013-01-11, 09:16 PM
There doesn't seem to be a way to get old playtest documents.

If it makes your player feel better, it was generally thought that those classes were incomplete and were only revealed as a show of good faith to people who didn't like vancian casters. The 5e wizard is also kind of an amalgam of the 3e wizard and sorcerer.

Pyromancer999
2013-01-12, 01:24 AM
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.