PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Knight Vindicator in Eberron?

shadow_archmagi
2013-01-11, 06:48 PM
What Eberron gods or organizations make sense for a RKV? I'd rather avoid an outright Evil god.

Also, general information on how to make this class shine would be appreciated. I'm joining a level 12 game.

GenericMook
2013-01-11, 06:54 PM
Closest equivalent to Wee Jas in Eberron is Aureon. He lacks the Death domain, but they're both deities with Law and Magic domains.

JoshuaZ
2013-01-11, 06:54 PM
What Eberron gods or organizations make sense for a RKV? I'd rather avoid an outright Evil god.

Also, general information on how to make this class shine would be appreciated. I'm joining a level 12 game.

Vol would be the most obvious. This thread has various alternate versions of the Ruby Knight Vindicators for various gods (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139711). There may be some Eberron deities there or deities that are thematically similar.

Kobold Esq
2013-01-11, 06:55 PM

Eberron clerics/god work in a funny way that is very distinct from every other setting. You don't have to be the same alignment as your god/pantheon. You can totally be a CE cleric serving a LG god, and you would show up under detect evil, detect good, detect law, and detect chaos.

That being said, as for what would make sense? Frankly I could see them working for the Church of the Silver Flame, hunting down changelings and lycanthropes. Basically think of every negative thing the Catholic Church is associated with in history (crusades, inquisitions, etc) and that should give you an idea. Also on the evil side, the Blood of Vol would probably fit too.

JoshuaZ
2013-01-11, 09:21 PM
And just actually went through and reread the thread I linked to earlier. Page 2 has a set of Vindicators specifically for Eberron.